• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Wii maybe here sooner than we think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Nintendo-Inside.jp and the electronic version of Kyoto Shinbun after the credits have rolled on the new Animal Crossing a message comes up as follows
Translation said:
"Let's meet in Wii"

Someone who can read Japanese maybe able to come up with something better?

I bet this damned thing will be here pretty soon but we Europeans get it in 3 yrs!

Bit strange to say that if something wasn't on the horizon?
Hopefully you can carry on your DS version on your Wii?

I'd not be surprised if it came out at the end of 07 in Japan, similar how to Animal Crossing on the DS appeared on the DS's 2nd Christmas... And we all remember how that helped DS sales.

Yeah, late 07 Japan seems realistic. But who knows how long it may take to get overseas; it could be instant like with Wild World, or half a year like with Pokemon.

bengraven

All I know is, I called the whole "using Miis as avatars in AC" when the Miis were first announced. I win the internets if this theory proves true.

It's probably been in development ever since EAD got their hands on devkits (maybe even before with Gamecube devkits..) considering how the DS has turnt the series into a AAA franchise for Nintendo. Would be cool if they tied the game with a UMD/DVD/Blu- movie release release but I imagine that Animal Crossing Wii won't be released till at least Q3 in Japan.

Deku

Banned
I've had my fill of the single player AC/Doubutsu no Mori, which is great on the DS being portable and all, but I think this one will need a strong on-line component that allows for more than just a difficult to arrange town visit. Something closer to a myspace/youtube style profile system where textures and items can be traded asynchronously. By Nintendo's own admission this will be their premiere title to show off their Connect24 feature.

We'll see.

EGM 210 (Halo 3 cover) lists ACWii as Fall 2007. But then again it also lists Mario Strikers Charged as not being exclusive...

Fall 07 seems reasonable though

Does anyone know how big Animal Crossing for Cube and DS are? I wonder if Nintendo might just upgrade the engine a bit (perhaps upgrade the models, textures, add some lighting, and online) and add new items and animals, and then release it as a game download as well as a disc.

I ask because while I love Animal Crossing, it's a game that you don't always spend an hour or more playing. If I am just popping in for 15 minutes, I'd rather not have to change the disc. Wii has the capability of having the game be downloadable if it is small enough and appear as an easily accessible Channel. I'd say that is a more appropriate approach for a game designed for shorter gameplay sessions over the course of a year or two.

AndoCalrissian said:
Does anyone know how big Animal Crossing for Cube and DS are? I wonder if Nintendo might just upgrade the engine a bit (perhaps upgrade the models, textures, add some lighting, and online) and add new items and animals, and then release it as a game download as well as a disc.

I ask because while I love Animal Crossing, it's a game that you don't always spend an hour or more playing. If I am just popping in for 15 minutes, I'd rather not have to change the disc. Wii has the capability of having the game be downloadable if it is small enough and appear as an easily accessible Channel. I'd say that is a more appropriate approach for a game designed for shorter gameplay sessions over the course of a year or two.

I'd love that too. But 512mb says "no chance". I think the best we could hope for would be a smaller sort of Animal Crossing Channel with updates as to what's going on in the town; with the game sending the info in advance the last time you played.

TheGreatDave said:
I'd love that too. But 512mb says "no chance". I think the best we could hope for would be a smaller sort of Animal Crossing Channel with updates as to what's going on in the town; with the game sending the info in advance the last time you played.
Cool idea, but remember that you could do the same thing with the Wii Message Boards. Even the first pics of the message boards show a message from Tom Nook.

HomShaBom

Banned
AndoCalrissian said:

Good idea, but I'd rather not. Remember, AC on the Gamecube is nothing more than the N64 engine, we're talking 2 generation jump here, I'd rather have a new engine utilizing the Wii.

HomShaBom said:
Good idea, but I'd rather not. Remember, AC on the Gamecube is nothing more than the N64 engine, we're talking 2 generation jump here, I'd rather have a new engine utilizing the Wii.
I would as well, but I honestly am not expecting a whole lot of improvement. And if I'm right, I'd rather have it as a download. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Uh, i fear that they´ll make AC exactly like the former ACs, just with a bit more functions :-(

I want a full 3D-AC, where i can look around.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Wasn't one of the rumors in EGM saying that you could expect to use one of your Miis in Animal crossing? I know I read it somewhere.

SumGamer

As long as they dont force me to use Mii am happy. I expect they to build the new one on top of the DS game since it was so successful. Lets hope we can set up shop using Connect24 so we dont have to leave the game on all day long.

Linky for the original post: here

What Altavista says said:
Already, several degrees it is to be referred, but, Nintendo Co. large following to the ニンテンドー DS edition which is hit, ' how hitsthe forest ' has plannedsale even with Wii. As electronic edition of the Kyoto newspaper has conveyed, presently it is in the midst of releasing, with "theater edition how hits the staff roll most lastly, one kind of sentence where" it will meet with Wii ", is inserted the forest".

'How you hit the forest' since first being sold, for NINTENDO 64 as the software with the game cube 2 works gradually to keep gaining popularity, it became the large hit where the ニンテンドー DS edition which is sold on end of the last year exceeds 300 ten thousand. Receiving that, it was decided that also production of various goods and theater edition is done.

With the ひ and others one park of Osaka how hits the world of the forest can be enjoyed, besides the fact that "theater edition how hits the forest ヴィレッジ is held excitingly" to January 14th, at the world of clothing the clothes which designed the character are sold. At Nintendo Co. "as for purpose there is a character business and starts and is not, but interest of the software deriving in the related commodity, if the multiplier effect increases," with it has done.

Please note: "how hitsthe forest" is Animal Forest aka Animal Crossing.

I'd expect them to show up in Q3.

Xrenity

What I'm wondering, is if games could 'alter' the style of Mii's.

For example, Nose A as a Mii looks like a drawn line with a curve.
However, if game X loads nose A, it gets a more realistic look.

So instead of the cartoony Mii look, could they alter it to an other look?

If so, this would be awesome for shooters like Red Steel, in which your Mii would look more like you, if done correctly. Kind of like the X360 cam feature in Vegas.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I hope you guys realize mii's are just the faces and the hair, they could totally fit your mii face into animal crossing without ruining whatever crazy nostalgia you have for the animal crossing generic models. I mean wtf.

bjork

sp0rsk said:
I hope you guys realize mii's are just the faces and the hair, they could totally fit your mii face into animal crossing without ruining whatever crazy nostalgia you have for the animal crossing generic models. I mean wtf.

I don't even wanna be a person. I wanna be a neon zebra, pipple pipple

bengraven

EGM also says you'll be able to buy clothing for your Miis and then the clothing appears in other games. Could explain why the Mii body is so generic.

I'm really looking forward to this game, though. I may hold off on a Wii until it's released.

Buttonbasher said:
Cool idea, but remember that you could do the same thing with the Wii Message Boards. Even the first pics of the message boards show a message from Tom Nook.

Good point, but I wouldn't mind a slightly more graphical interface. Like, boot up Animal Crossing Channel, and see your town in 3D, with the weather current and all the people that should be there (like, say, Joan on a Sunday) walking around. So you can see what's going on in your town, and read messages, but not actually play the game. I don't know what kind of space limitations there would be with something like that, but I'd like to be able to see what my town looks like while I'm switching the disc in my Wii.

I would personally be surprised if Animal Crossing comes out in 2007, since Nintendo will want to give it the extra polish it needs to set it aside from the DS version. After all, Animal Crossing currently has the potential of being Nintendo's greatest game IP right now worldwide, so Animal Crossing has the potential of making or breaking the Wii for casual gaming audiences - especially in Japan and Europe - much like the DS version has. And if it is just the same with a few control updates, it won't do anything near the success of the previous titles in the franchise.

fallout

It would take a substantial upgrade from Animal Crossing DS for me to buy it. I bought AC DS because it was portable and if AC Wii is just another version of that, I can't imagine why I would want it.

DMczaf

4496hav.png

Nick

As long as it has little-to-nothing to do with the DS version, I'll be happy. I hated that game. But AC GCN was one of my all time favorites. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom