• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speculation: Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy is 1yr Console Exclusive (PS4)

jbug617

Banned
C_ebsdpUwAMsoRt.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/Skyfan91/status/862329050953547776
The person found this at a Best Buy in Canada.

That would indicate a release on Switch and/or Xbox One in H2 2018. Nice for people who have enough to play anyway and rather play it on one of those systems.

I would like them to just confirm whatever's going on already. I'm perfectly fine waiting until next year for a Switch version, I'm not one to get mad over a wait... I don't really buy games day 1 anyway. :p

Corpekata

Banned
I was going to suggest this seems like a weirdly specific thing for Best Buy to have but it's posted by a Crash fanboy that's upset it's not exclusive so would also be weird for him to doctor it.

Ganado

I still doubt it, even if it's true, where would that game sell considering its audience is on Playstation.
You do know that lots of people played Crash on XBOX and GC right? I even played my first Crash on Xbox since I didn't have a PS until later.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Who cares if it is or isn't.

As someone who would like to play it but doesn't own a Playstation 4, that would be me.

I still doubt it, even if it's true, where would that game sell considering its audience is on Playstation.

The audience that bought the Crash games on the Playstation aren't necessarily still Playstation owners. They've been scattered all over the place by now.

Beyond that, Crash Bandicoot games have appeared on way more than Playstation platforms throughout the 2000s. Heck, the last console Crash game didn't even get a PS3 release.

jmga

1 year Console Exclusive would mean it is coming to PC during that year, maybe at the same time, maybe several months later. Otherwise they would just say 1 year exclusive.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

To me: On Xbox One or Switch. Also there certainly is an audience for platformers on Nintendo systems, why would Crash not be able to sell on Nintendo systems? Numerous Crash games have been sold on Nintendo systems in the past and Crash 1-3 would be new to some of the Nintendo audience anyway.

True Fire

I'm expecting this on Switch. Activision has nothing else to put on it, and you know Nintendo will do another crossover Amiibo

farisr

Why would best buy even put "1 year console exclusive" on their display? Is that supposed to be a selling point?
That's the really odd part here. I've never really seen things like this (in separate text) in retail stores. Anyways, if this is indeed from Sony's marketing material, I hope they do come out and outright confirm it at E3. Cause this back and forth speculation is getting tiring.

timberger

I know it's pretty what happens to every thread now, but guys... why would there be a Switch version? Activision don't seem to be supporting the platform much at all from what I can see. I mean... I don't doubt this game will eventually get released on PC and maybe Xbone, but being so sure of third party releases for a Nintendo console seems like setting yourself up for disappointment. Remember the meltdowns over that collection of shitty Disney NES games not coming out on Switch? Can see more of that coming.

Also, that seems a weirdly specific thing for Bestbuy to have written there. How would they know the specifics of it's platform situation when no one else seems to?

jbug617

Banned
That's the really odd part here. I've never really seen things like this (in separate text) in retail stores. Anyways, if this is indeed from Sony's marketing material, I hope they do come out and outright confirm it at E3. Cause this back and forth speculation is getting tiring.

Doesn't Sony send the store the displays?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I know it's pretty what happens to every thread now, but guys... why would there be a Switch version? Activision don't seem to be supporting the platform much at all from what I can see. I mean... I don't doubt this game will eventually get released on PC and maybe Xbone, but being so sure of third party releases for a Nintendo console seems like setting yourself up for disappointment. Remember the meltdowns over that collection of shitty Disney NES games not coming out on Switch? Can see more of that coming.

Activision released Skylanders on the Switch on launch day. Clearly they think the market for colorful mascot games is there. Makes sense to release Crash on the platform as well.

A mascot platformer fits a Nintendo platform way more than it does that Xbox One or PC anyway.

Top Bottom