• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captchas are the worst thing in this planet since Hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
2be92ed1976ef959037c04cf395d2ae1.jpg

If that's on a math related forum or something it makes sense. Anyone with basic knowledge of derivatives can solve that in their head in 5 seconds.

Theonik

Are you a robot OP? If not then you shouldn't fear tests to prove otherwise, since you have nothing to hide!

Kusagari

They're stupid as hell.

There are some where there's lines and shit all through them and they look so distorted that you would need to BE a robot to make sense of them.

The best ones are the one where it just gives you a simple, legible sentence. But instead everyone seems to prefer to use these captchas from hell.

They're stupid as hell.

There are some where there's lines and shit all through them and they look so distorted that you would need to BE a robot to make sense of them.

The best ones are the one where it just gives you a simple, legible sentence. But instead everyone seems to prefer to use these captchas from hell.
yea I'm sure the spambots love those as well.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Protip: You only have to fill in one of the words (usually the longer one) and you can type in whatever for the second word.

Captchas really aren't that hard to figure out. Just refresh if you get a ridiculous one.

These are fun.

Math_captcha.jpg

I think I can actually figure this one out. It's been months since I had calculus, but this one isn't hard.
28 * cos(7x - pi/2)
(Only took derivative)

PK Gaming

yes. yes. YES. YES!

I loathe Captcha's. I loathe them all.

Seriously, some of the word requirements are absurd! Why is it even necessary for me to write bxhagreb einarsty (and a bunch of words are stuck together), its not like spambots have eyes. -_-

GavinGT

Banned
It's 4 * derivative of inside function * derivative of sin function, evaluated at x=0.

So, 4 * 7 * cos (7x - (pi/2)), then evaluate for x=0, yielding 28cos(-pi/2) = 28*0 = 0.

BTW, these are the new worst captchas (even if they're easier):

AdCopy-CAPTCHA-Ad.gif

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It's 4 * derivative of inside function * derivative of sin function, evaluated at x=0.

So, 4 * 7 * cos (7x - (pi/2)), then evaluate for x=0, yielding 28cos(-pi/2) = 28*0 = 0.

BTW, these are the new worst captchas (even if they're easier):

AdCopy-CAPTCHA-Ad.gif

I just got one of those.... wonder what took themk so long to turn them into ads..... ugh

GzzCR.png

Anustart

Back when lockerz was still good for certain types of people, I had an automatic captcha filler that would allow me to set it and forget it to gain ptz from watching videos.

But I agree with you in that before I had that filler, entering captchas was ridiculous.

Rapstah

Anyone with basic knowledge of the number zero can solve that in their head in five seconds.

More to the point I'm pretty sure most computers could solve that in less than a millionth the time of the fastest human solution.

MNC

It's because only one of two captcha's is enough to type in. There was this whole theory for the backend.

equap

Banned
Seriously why is one word readable with no problem but the other word looks like it fucked itself inside and out. Trying to figure this shit out when already stressed from job searching only makes it more stressful.

iQJJ9U3fL1G4p.jpg

I mean what in the fuck is this?
um....why not just load another CAPTCHA??

if you're stressed because of something so simple then maybe you shouldn't be working. Work is a lot more stressful and I don't want you to go postal at work and we have to read about it on GAF.

Razek

Banned
The worst ones are where you have to enter both words and the second word is '∞◘«]r²◘' while it reads 'Moilrs'. I end up just reloading a bunch of times until I get one, guess, and somehow get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom