• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

No sending them flying is when they spin and leave the ground, stHK doesn't do that, and you only need to dash if they are out of range for stLK, which connects just fine after stHK.

Well, that's not what I meant if you read the original post. That's why I drew the comparison in it.

Reizo Ryuu

I read your original post, and it works just fine in neutral, if ryu's too far away his stLK won't connect either.
Kolin has the same options because stLK reaches pretty far and cancels into anything. Cept, unlike ryu, she can still dash forward and combo if she's out of range for that.

mbpm1

I read your original post, and it works just fine in neutral, if ryu's too far away his stLK won't connect either.
Kolin has the same options because stLK reaches pretty far and cancels into anything. Cept, unlike ryu, she can still dash forward and combo if she's out of range for that.

I must be misunderstanding something, because I'm pretty sure Kolin's st. hk automatically sends the opponent a dash distance away on counterhit. Ryu's doesn't.

This also means in neutral a hit on anything except point blank is out of range for most things whereas Ryu can still pick things up.

Kolin stHK doesn't launch on CC. You can dash up and get crMP.

Again, that's not what I'm saying.

Pompadour

Ooh nifty, didn't know about that tag.

Now to try and take the conversation in a bit of a different direction, I've been thinking about the abhorrent state of the balance in this game and there are some specific changes that I personally would like to see. Here's my suggestion for FANG as I actively play the character and so have a decent idea of what I'd like to see changed.

F.A.N.G
  • F.A.N.G now has 925 HP
  • St.hp is now -3 oB, down from -2 oB.
  • St.hp is now +2 oH, up from +1 oB.
  • His poison from specials now does 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec. Every time a poisoned move hits the target, the damage taken is increased by 75 and will do around 18 dmg/sec and so on and so on. Duration is NOT refreshed however.
  • V-skill now does 150 damage over 8 seconds or around 18 dmg/sec if poison state is caused by V-skill. If it hits an already poisoned opponent, poison is increased by 75 dmg, just like a special move. Duration is NOT refreshed.
  • V-Trigger can now be cancelled into from medium and heavy trap if connected on the first 3 active frames of the move.
  • V-Trigger now allows poison duration to also be refreshed on top of the damage increase.
  • V-Trigger no longer has a cloud of poison covering the character, but rather a "pulse" that happens every 5 seconds. The pulse is visually the same as the previous cloud and carries the same range. Each pulse is active for 0.75 seconds.
  • The V-Trigger pulse does not refresh or increase damage of the poison, it only starts it at 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec.

Feel free to share changes you want to see for your character.

• I don't play FANG so I don't know what I'm talking about but I feel that being Poisoned should kill grey health upon entering that state. It may not be the biggest buff FANG needs but would bring his V-Skill and V-Trigger out of the bottom tier and make them threats. His mediums and normals would do legitimate chip damage so long block string into VT would force actual damage on the opponent. People would also bother to dodge his VS if it could take grey life away.

I play Rog so my nerfs for him are the ones you typically see. I'd change st.HP's CC state to the spin from st.HK and remove st.HK's CC capability. Damage wise I'd adjust EX Dash Straight but I'm not exactly sure how this would play out.

EX Dash Straight does 150 according to FAT but it's two hits so I assume it's 75+75. The two bar combo everyone hates is a launcher into EX Dash Straight canceled into V-Skill Punch into EX Dash Straight. I believe V has the SF4 scaling rule where multi-hit moves count as one hit in regards to scaling so canceling into VS Punch should scale whereas two hits of EX Dash Straight wouldn't.

So my idea to nerf that combo's damage but not just one EX Dash Straight is to back load the damage on the 2nd shit. So I'd drop EX Dash Straight to 140 and make it 50+90, cutting out an extra 40 damage unscaled damage before the scaling really kicks in. I'd be willing to go down to 130 even if 140 is too much.

Reizo Ryuu

I must be misunderstanding something, because I'm pretty sure Kolin's st. hk automatically sends the opponent a dash distance away on counterhit. Ryu's doesn't.

This also means in neutral a hit on anything except point blank is out of range for most things whereas Ryu can still pick things up.

...?
i4g7wL1.gif

How is that point blank? Any further and you hit with her toes, which is not a range from where ryu can't "pick up" anything from, at least kolin can still dash up and combo from max range even.

mbpm1

...?
i4g7wL1.gif

How is that point blank? Any further and you hit with her toes, which is not a range from where ryu can't "pick up" anything from, at least kolin can still dash up and combo from max range even.

That explains it then. I misjudged the distance of the spin. Good to know.

LakeEarth

What if Ossiel died and his system is just running by itself getting that fight money...forever?

I actually fought Ossiel yesterday. Like, he was actually there! I was so unprepared that I bombed the first round.

Pretty decent Cammy, too. I think he was ranked in the 3000s.

Also regarding that Kolin st.hk CC:

(i)At close range, you can walk forward slightly and combo st.hp into heavy/EX hands. I believe it'll lead to more damage than the target combo.

(ii)After a dash forward, you can do a st.mp xx heavy/EX hands or whatever you'd like.

That st.lk feels kinda inefficient tbh after that CC, especially since that button is something you only use when you KNOW you're gonna get that CC.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
dude must be at like 2 billion FM at this point.

hes been doing this a solid year straight lmao

One level up is worth 1000 FM, which is worth 6 cents, right?

How much electricity is required to run a console or PC for the amount of time it takes to level up by losing?

It seems like someone should have done the math on this by now.

Edzi

These BornFree interviews with the pros are fantastic, and it's great to hear most of them voice the same problems with the game and specifically S2 craziness. I wish Capcom would listen.

It's not the 90s any more, wifi can be totally fine. Just depends on the individual setup.

Wi-Fi is still inherently inferior to an ethernet connection and, importantly, is liable to degrade depending on what people near you are doing. If you cannot run wires to your console or PC, then you would be better off using power-line adapters rather than Wi-Fi. See this article for some of the issues:
https://arstechnica.com/information...hat-a-deep-dive-into-why-wi-fi-kind-of-sucks/

Skilletor

These BornFree interviews with the pros are fantastic, and it's great to hear most of them voice the same problems with the game and specifically S2 craziness. I wish Capcom would listen.

Yeah, man. I didn't know he'd done so many. Listening to Tokido now. He's such a bro.

What do you want for SF5?

Sagat, because my friend keeps complaining that Sagat isn't in.

Who is your friend? Bonchan?

Bonchan.

Producer

Seems they only listened the first half of 2016 lol. Rip nash ryu chun

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Yeah. The longform interviews are pretty cool.

Bob White

Blocked pokes absolutely should not gain you v meter.

Crush counters are fucking stupid.

Their needs to be a "whiff punish" state that gains you an extra frame or something if you hit someone during recovery. This new state would be in between counter and normal hit.

Game needs more moves like Ryu's standing lk to better punish well spaced -4 moves. These moves need to be longer ranged.

And -4 moves (and -3/-2) need to be retooled to leave you closer after block. If you want to spam that shit, space it. It seems like the game has "well spaced" automatically coded in certain moves.

That ends my daily rant that I usually decide not to post lol...bah, long story short,I'm a scrub don't listen to me. This game is so fun but also so fucking ass.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;234417877 said:
Wi-Fi is still inherently inferior to an ethernet connection and, importantly, is liable to degrade depending on what people near you are doing. If you cannot run wires to your console or PC, then you would be better off using power-line adapters rather than Wi-Fi. See this article for some of the issues:
https://arstechnica.com/information...hat-a-deep-dive-into-why-wi-fi-kind-of-sucks/

Yeah I recently bought a power line adapter for around 25 pounds and it's one of the best purchases I've made. Good speeds and no dropped connections at all so far - which was one of the problems I had with my previous wifi extender.

Alex vs Ibuki such an uphill battle if you don't keep her out it's rekt city...once in close range her normals laugh at Alex's normals...
Ironic because his midrange pokes don't even lead to anything unless you've got V-trigger and he has no long range game to speak of. Basically, your parries and crouching medium>V-trigger>confirm into combo confirms had better be on point.
Blocked pokes absolutely should not gain you v meter.

Crush counters are fucking stupid.

Their needs to be a "whiff punish" state that gains you an extra frame or something if you hit someone during recovery. This new state would be in between counter and normal hit.

Game needs more moves like Ryu's standing lk to better punish well spaced -4 moves. These moves need to be longer ranged.
This only makes the nerfs on Alex's S1 st.mp even more mystifying. It was low key one of the best ground normals at his disposal.

Also, some crush counters are stupid. It's a pretty fun mechanic overall.

MrCarter

I think Fuudo and Gamerbee have been the best interviews so far. They seem very humble and down-to-earth and actually have realistic and detailed answers in terms of balance, tiers and changes they might like in the future.

Reizo Ryuu

Yeah I recently bought a power line adapter for around 25 pounds and it's one of the best purchases I've made. Good speeds and no dropped connections at all so far - which was one of the problems I had with my previous wifi extender.

You were a wifi-warrior?
2BoCYTM.jpg

Producer

crush counters should stay , but priority system should get the boot

both of these systems + characters with good crush counters/normals = stupid easy pressure that you just gotta hold. The risk/reward is too lopsided

Xeteh

I think Fuudo and Gamerbee have been the best interviews so far. They seem very humble and down-to-earth and actually have realistic and detailed answers in terms of balance, tiers and changes they might like in the future.

I love both Fuudo and Gamerbee, they seem awesome. I feel bad for Fuudo lately because he keeps hitting the Punk/NuckleDu wall, I just want to see him body both of them soon.

Hyun Sai

Come on... People are still saying Wifi is fine for online gaming ?

It's not, never was, never will. Stop spreading this bullshit, you're ruining online experience for everybody...

Jesus Christ.

Ironic because his midrange pokes don't even lead to anything unless you've got V-trigger and he has no long range game to speak of. Basically, your parries and crouching medium>V-trigger>confirm into combo confirms had better be on point.

Also, some crush counters are stupid. It's a pretty fun mechanic overall.

Stand HP or F.HP are Alex best tools IMO, his standing HP is a great button if space properly..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom