• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

We all know Bucky is being held in cryosleep in Wakanda currently, and that he will be with Black Panther during one point in Infinity War where they'll stand with the Wakandan army, but Sebastian Stan has now confirmed that he will not be in the Black Panther solo movie this February.
"I am not in Black Panther." Stan revealed, in the video above, before slipping into an impression of Bill Clinton. "I did not have any relation with Black Panther."
"No, I'm not. I really am not [in Black Panther]." Stan explained. "But that [plotline] gets resolved in [Infinity War]."

Don Cheadle has also confirmed that War Machine will recover from his injuries in Civil War and get back up:
"Obviously at the end of Civil War, with what happened with War Machine, Rhodey's character has a lot to overcome. There's a progression to the movies, without being specific and telling you what it is, there's a progression and he gets back up."

Mark Ruffalo then told Fandango, that Hulk will have a major arc through Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4:
"There's a huge change for Banner and for Hulk. It isn't resolved in the first Infinity War, it sort of culminates into the second Infinity War. Thor 3 is the beginning of a lot of changes for Banner and for Hulk."

Y6O3kNY.jpg

ZMeT8Cv.jpg

Spider-Man and Doctor Strange will team up in Infinity War according to Joe Russo:
”There's a really great chemistry there," Russo said to Good Morning America at Disney's D23 Expo. ”They both have a proximity to each other, if that's a hint that I can give. But anybody who's a Marvel fan will know that they both reside in the same city. I think Tom [Holland] and Benedict [Cumberbatch] have a really wonderful chemistry and we wanted to exploit that."

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Still not sure if I should buy the Spider-Man Artbook. Its Spider-Man, so I kinda need it, but I am not sure, I dont want to feel obligated again to buy every Artbook :D

Pachimari

Bucky not in Black Panther, but it gets resolved in Infinity War.

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/886677595089027072

Heh posted further up the page:

We all know Bucky is being held in cryosleep in Wakanda currently, and that he will be with Black Panther during one point in Infinity War where they'll stand with the Wakandan army, but Sebastian Stan has now confirmed that he will not be in the Black Panther solo movie this February.

Pachimari

Iron Man Has 'Immediate' Chemistry With Drax In Avengers: Infinity War:
“Robert Downey Jr.’s been on a pedestal with me since I was a very young man,” Bautista says. “I’ve just always admired him and been a fan. I’ve said for years and years and years that I hope the crossover happened because I thought that Drax would have such great interactions with Tony Stark and Robert Downey Jr. It just all kind of came to fruition and actually its gonna happen and it's good. It's really good. It's better than I ever thought it would be.”

(there was chemistry) “Immediately,” says Bautista. “I went to the premiere of London of Avengers 2 [Avengers: Age of Ultron] and Robert went out of his way to come and meet me and say how much he loved me in the first film and that meant the world to me. So that put me at kind of an automatic comfort level with him. So as soon as we hit the stage, man, there was no pressure there, there were no walls, I just felt like this guy was very supportive of me and I felt very comfortable with him. I think that’s just him. He’s a very giving actor across the board. But just for me personally I felt totally at ease with him and it makes for great chemistry when you’re comfortable with someone.”

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
If only the MCU was connected to the shows like Star Wars is. One time there was a battle in the comics, then later that day, the same character showed up in the TV show talking about the same battle that was talked about in the comic that got released earlier. Now that's some goddamn synergy.

SpaceWolf

Banned
If only the MCU was connected to the shows like Star Wars is. One time there was a battle in the comics, then later that day, the same character showed up in the TV show talking about the same battle that was talked about in the comic that got released earlier. Now that's some goddamn synergy.

Plus, Rebels (an animated children's show) getting numerous shout-outs in Rogue One.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Star Wars has the benefit of the Story Group.

Feige and Loeb really need to create one for any interconnectivity that we really want.

mjc

Feige and Loeb really need to create one for any interconnectivity that we really want.

I'm not convinced that will happen until the TV division plays nice with Feige and Co. (Unless it's reverse of that)

I'm not convinced that will happen until the TV division plays nice with Feige and Co. (Unless it's reverse of that)

This doesn't work well due to the nature of the difference between the time and scale of production between Film and TV. Coordinating the two enough to make some of the critics of the current delivery consider it meaningful would handicap one side or the other in a major way.

I mean, having AoS run by Jed and Maurissa while Joss was basically co-running the Cinematic side with Feige was pretty damn close to a Story Group in functionality. Which is why the first couple of Seasons of AoS were able to time their references down to the week of the movie releases. It made things like having the Hydra inside Shield reveal possible. But even that wasn't enough for a lot of people and it's pretty clear that it messed with the plot pacing of the show.

It just doesn't work well between TV and Film when both mediums are doing plots that operate in the same time period. Stuff like Agent Carter could've worked really well because they could have laid hints and background out at any time in AC that could then been utilized and referenced in the Films at any time... but again, that just leads to one-way referencing because nothing that happens in the Film Universe could influence AC.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'd watch an entire movie of Strange being the straight man to Peter's exuberance over exploring different dimensions and the like.

Skab

So I just learned that Jennifer Connelly was the voice of Karen in Homecoming.

I see what you did there, Marvel

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sooo, we have our first ranking for the big MCU RottenTomato Score Bet
Its Username|RT Score|Points
  1. BlackNMild2k1 92% 20
  2. The Kree 93% 10
  3. torre_avenue 91% 10
  4. jon bones 88% 10
  5. ReplacementPelican 87% 10
  6. Bunta 86% 5
  7. GAMEPROFF 85% 5