• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

Cuban Legend said:
actually that looks like pretty decent driving for a sim with no assists.

oh wait i see, holyshit lol
Also I just understand why you said that. For the record, as much as I have flipped the car due to lack of skill, I did that purposely in celebration of finally getting a decent lap in :p

Dilly

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Record a video :) I want to see how you attack it!

I lose a whole bunch of time on the last few corners. If I attack them I spin or run wide.

I'll try and record something tonight, first have to go to college!

There really isn't a big margin for error though, it's quite easy to get it wrong. Never really raced on Imola before either.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Also I just understand why you said that. For the record, as much as I have flipped the car due to lack of skill, I did that purposely in celebration of finally getting a decent lap in :p
A likely story.

I wonder how quickly the game will progress as we watch. As soon as the game gets online play, I'm going to be all over it.

1:27.5xx and I was so close to flipping on several corners, heh.

I kinda like that although there's not much content at the moment we can still have a competitive element like this.

fresquito

I think my time is around 1,30 at Imola with the FB. But I've spent most time tweaking the setup for my DFGT until it felt better. I had problems with my pedals too and that I have solved. Then I've been racing some laps at Con Hill and trying the different cars. So once I did that lap, I haven't spent any more time with the FB at Imola. I think I can do quite better. Let's see if today's build fixes the lag input.

I like both circuits. They are totally different. My highlight so far is the first few corners at Con Hill at full throttle with the FB.

As for my favourite cars so far I'd go with the FB and the Lotus77. Both are awesome.

The game looks gorgeous, but it has the same problem all other PC sims have. I'm just not interested in driving those cars and I'd love to have some regular production cars in it. I know I'm aone with this opinion here, but damn, just look at it and imagine to drive the Maserati Gran Turismo in cockpit view with those graphics.

markao

amar212 said:
DTM on Imola.

My God, Imola /*tears/

So amazing, so freaking amazing, I want to buy a PC after 10 years I scraped the damn PC out of my house thinking it is forever - and start to play this.

What is the ETA for this? Is there any concrete track list being thrown around? Is it online-only game? Are there going to be any road cars with stock values and no-racing tires? I want answers while I browsing for hardware-parts, I am amazed in levels of 2007.

Thank in advance GAF!
Other questions already answered, leaves ETA: 16/18 months.

Shawsie64 said:
Really impressed so far. G25 just broke but that's nothing a soldering iron and 12 bottles of cleanskins can't fix!

If you're gonna do something, do it properly. That reminds me, me kitchen draw broke. =(

fresquito

markao said:
Other questions already answered, leaves ETA: 16/18 months.
Missed that one. Yeah, something along this.

brotkasten said:
The game looks gorgeous, but it has the same problem all other PC sims have. I'm just not interested in driving those cars and I'd love to have some regular production cars in it. I know I'm aone with this opinion here, but damn, just look at it and imagine to drive the Maserati Gran Turismo in cockpit view with those graphics.
Become a member. Propose this. Be vocal and convincing about it. Maybe win?

Fezan

TheProDaniel said:
Really impressed so far. G25 just broke but that's nothing a soldering iron and 6 bottles of cleanskins can't fix!
Shawsie64 said:
Really impressed so far. G25 just broke but that's nothing a soldering iron and 12 bottles of cleanskins can't fix!
o_O

Xanadu

Banned

Xanadu said:

1307492695933s.jpg

fresquito said:
No, it means you will have it for free on release. Plus you can earn money depending on the profits and how much you invested (your tool pack). For more information I recommend reading the terms and conditions here: http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php
Aha. So you need to pay at least €25 to become a Team Member, then you'll get the game for free. But what if you just pay €10 to be a Junior? You're just paying for a demo?

Pazuzu9 said:
Aha. So you need to pay at least €25 to become a Team Member, then you'll get the game for free. But what if you just pay €10 to be a Junior? You're just paying for a demo?
I'm not sure, but ten euros for a monthly demo isn't too bad of a deal, to be honest.

Installing new build now!

fresquito

Pazuzu9 said:
You have some input and you will be able to play all content before release. And you can upgrade to Team Member anytime paying the extra 15€

desu

Dunno if its because I got around to install the G25 software or because of the new build. But driving feels so much better for me now (probably didnt test the last build enough).

Has anyone played the testrack ? It seems shifting doesnt work there?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Fuck it, I'm buying this this weekend. Gorgeous game and I'm always looking for excuses to use my wheel.

Dilly

Banned
Kyaw said:
How is the pre-alpha AI?

I might just get it tonight. :eek:

It's quite funny, when the wheels of open wheelers touch a bit too hard the cars get launched in the air like you'd expect in real life, but it's a bit exaggerated.

They just don't drive on their line like in the GT games, but it needs a lot of tweaking. Sometimes they don't know you're there and they crash quite a lot.

-edit-

Uploading an AI video right now, it'll be done in about an hour.

Branson

I want to try this. So it's 25 euros/dollars to get into it fully? And you get free updates with that? Like minecraft?

Kyaw

Branson said:
I want to try this. So it's 25 euros/dollars to get into it fully? And you get free updates with that? Like minecraft?

It's sort of like minecraft. You test the game out, provide feedback, comment on what you want in the game and if enough people want it then it will be put in.

The minimum toolpack is 10 euros.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/tool-packs-perks-and-fees-101/

You get the final game for free too. (I think, it could also be the last build before retail release)
You will be paid back your 10,25 or whatever euros you have put in when the game goes on sale and if it sell more than 250k, you'll get some profit too!

Top Bottom