• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the Xbox Preview Dashboard app!

link1201

I saw this post on the Xbox forums and thought I'd pass it along:

The Dashboard app is the place to go to register your console, get the latest news about the Xbox Preview program, report problems, and, of course, send us feedback. You’ll get a message on your Xbox One soon with a link to download the app so you can get started. Until then, here’s a closer look at some of the highlights:

• Go to Registration to register your console for the Preview program. And if you ever want to opt out of the program or change your console’s preview settings, you can do that here too.

• In Announcements, you’ll find info about what’s changed in each update, what’s new in this preview wave, and which known issues we’re already working on.

• Quick poll is a single question from the Xbox team - questions might range from how you’d feel about a feature change to what your favorite Halo game is. And once you answer, you’ll see real-time results from everyone else who’s taken the poll. We’re changing these polls out regularly, so keep checking back for new ones.

• In Rate this update, you can tell us what you think about each specific update you get on your console. This resets whenever you receive a new update, so you can rate each one individually.

• If you run into an issue, use Report a Problem to let us know. You’ll also find the top issues that Preview users are reporting, and problems that the Xbox team is investigating. If you don’t see your problem on the list, just report it, and the Xbox team will look into it.

• You might also want to give the Survey tile a shot. You can take surveys about your experience, and let us know what you’d like to see in Xbox One. New surveys might pop up throughout the wave, so keep an eye out.

Last but not least, we’re excited to announce Xbox Quests. A quest is an opportunity to try out a new feature, then let us know what you think about it. There are two types of quests for you to try: featured quests, which are available throughout the entire wave, and special quests that are available for a limited time. You’ll be able to track how many quests you’ve completed in a wave, and those stats will be important in the future. Stay tuned for more info.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/update_preview/update_preview_forums/wave_5_1407/f/4989/t/1783551.aspx

OOaVkqp.jpg

Image Courtesy of chugen

The Quests sound intriguing.. more crap to do! Great way to get people to actually test stuff.. wonder if there will be rewards...

First impressions are v good of this - quests are a good way to discover the new features in each build. Very pleased with it.

Alx

Sounds great and very useful (to be honest I never found the xbox feedback forums very convenient).
I love how we get new features so fast, even for beta tools.

First impressions are v good of this - quests are a good way to discover the new features in each build. Very pleased with it.

Sounds interesting, like a game within a beta. :p But it's probably useful, I noticed in the latest update that some features can easily be overlooked, since they weren't even mentioned in the release notes (like the IR delay settings for example, I found them completely by accident).

chugen

just did a quest. pretty cool idea. you can learn what's new in the app, try and then take the survey. really nice

That's really great.

Love how Ms is handling updates and community feedback for this console.

Now if only I could sign up for it :(

Please somebody invite me: Label

Isn't this what's this app is (also) for?

I think they are getting away from the invite only approach, to open to whoever want it.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Does this happen for anyone else. Every time I go to smartglass I need to sign in. Does my head in.

Like I got a message there about this update so a smart glass notification popped up on my phone. So it must be logged in. Then I go to smartglass and it makes me log in, email, password the lot. Puts me off using it.

Microsoft are really going to town on feedback and user engagement.

They may not be able to get the extra P's out of the hardware, however they are doing so much for community, which is great to see.

I hope that this and Xbox Feedback will continue to take our ideas and bring them to reality.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Done
I've followed you on Live and put your GT forward using the invite friend option on this new app. Keep any eye on your Live messages over the next few days

Thanks a million!

Isn't this what's this app is (also) for?

I think they are getting away from the invite only approach, to open to whoever want it.

Doh, if it is I am sorry for whining! Currently at work and have been desperate to get into this program for ages! :)

Will be great if people can just opt in, quite like Steam.

Alx

Does this happen for anyone else. Every time I go to smartglass I need to sign in. Does my head in.

Like I got a message there about this update so a smart glass notification popped up on my phone. So it must be logged in. Then I go to smartglass and it makes me log in, email, password the lot. Puts me off using it.

I don't have the issue myself, are you using the Smartglass beta or the regular one ? If it is the beta, you should notify it through the feedback button, and hopefully they can fix it in the next update.
The only issue I've had with Smartglass is on WinRT, where it sometimes crashes repeatedly. On Win8 and WP8 it's been quite stable.

Bsigg12

Cool little app. All the things don't work yet though but it's a nice little addution to how we get info for the preview updates

Kampfheld

Banned
Woah. I just tested the app. It has so much more depth than I thought at first.

The quests make it really interactive. I think this is one of the best ways I have ever experienced yet by a company that tries to get serious feedback. They really go all-in with their commitment to feedback!

You really should check out the app.

Yeah, this is an interesting app. Like others have said, it's a better way to submit feedback than the forums.

The quests are a neat little idea that lets people get to grips with the new features like the snap achievements app for this month. I'll definitely be using the app more than the forums from now on.

Raide

So the quests stuff is a way for them to test stuff within the test to see what people think? Interesting way to do it I guess. Hopefully it means they can add a load of stuff and see what works and what does not work.

Top Bottom