• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon CEO seemingly confirms NX is a console/handheld hybrid

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.wsj.com/articles/pokemon-to-create-games-for-nintendos-next-system-1474371834

“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device,” said Mr. Ishihara. “We will make games for the NX.”

Hybrid confirmed?

TOKYO—Pokémon Co.’s chief executive said Tuesday his company plans to create games for Nintendo Co.’s next-generation system, which people familiar with the plans say is likely to meld features of traditional consoles and hand-held devices.

He said more features were planned for “Pokémon Go,” including player-to-player battles and character trades. But these features will come slowly to avoid overwhelming entry-level players, he added.

Madao

needs some "SHOCKING NEWS" in the thread title.

the only actually shocking development would be if they said they were'nt going to make games for NX.

Bl@de

Is this the first time we get an official hybrid statement from somebody making games for Nintendo plattforms?

My first response was "well, duh, but this is a little more illuminating than it first seems- that's the closest anyone official has come to confirming the core concept.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Nintendo affiliated company that produces Nintendo owned IP to make Nintendo published games for Nintendo console.

stilgar

I'm so excited for a non-news like this. It doesn't make any fucking.
I'm a thirsty sailor drinking saline water.

DoubleYou

It's time

b53e1f4b1265d7d797f01c521b864280d98f7fc300117fce16db1357fddfc027.jpg

Well if they make a mainline Pokémon game for it then it pretty much guarantees that I will get it whenever the game comes around... Pokémon is pretty much the only thing that I bought an N3Ds XL for so, yeah.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Nintendo affiliated company that produces Nintendo owned IP to make Nintendo published games for Nintendo console.

Does the fact that they're talking about it mean we're starting to get close to Nintendo announcing a date for them to announce the date when we can buy an NX?

Genio88

And this is it, we had our fair share of NX news for this week, see you next week with something more, and hopefully a reveal before March 2017

Top Bottom