• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World Ends With You sequel teased in iOS game

New thread for new news.

The new hidden ending scene in the iOS version.

7594c99e4616208b6e1adabcec36e756.jpg

Credits to the original poster.

I refuse to get excited. Hinting at is in the iOS version terrifies me, because it suggests the game is coming to that platform. If it weren't incompatible with the platforms I want it on, that wouldn't be terrifying.

oh man oh man oh man.

The incoming salt.

Seriously though, I'm gonna be a bit wary about this.

Haven't been much of a fan for pretty much all of SE's direct sequels.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Also I hope this isn't a real spoiler for someone like me who hasn't played the game. No one answer that...

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
No. I am not getting hyped again until something is actually announced as TWEWY 2 and confirmed for 3DS.

Please don't screw us over again Square.

Chesskid1

Banned
what is the picture supposed to mean

never played this game even tho i own it, just never got around to it, so many DS rpgs

Also I hope this isn't a real spoiler for someone like me who hasn't played the game. No one answer that...

You said not to answer, but it isn't a spoiler at all. The New person isn't in the original game at all.

The only thing about it that says sequel is the "New 7 Days" sign.

Awesome. Hope it's on several platforms (iOS, Vita, 3DS would be great).

And yeah, this girl looks nothing like any of the TWEWY characters,
not even like the real Shiki

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
If it is on IoS, at the very least it better be a multiplatform IoS game!

IrishNinja

TWEWY Spoiler:
But Shiki doesn't actually look like Shiki.

yeah, plus that'd be such a far jump...
i was hoping for Neku as a trainer of sorts, or maybe like his buddy the designer/coffee guy. daddy Naku is too far removed!

Trigger

OMG. Yessssss. Plz

EDIT- Maybe the next game will have the protag using new powers and she'll have to option wear/use Neku and Shiki's weapons?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah, if it's Neku and Shiki's kid, SE have fucked up big time. The headphones and cat certainly suggest some tie in with the two.

Well, I guess that
Shiki could have gotten a makeover. I mean it's not like fake appearance Shiki actually has pink hair.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yusss! I like her character design. (though the headphones make her seem a little too similar to Neku)

I just hope it's not exclusive to iPhone/iPad though, cause I don't have one! >__<

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'd be okay with this, if only for the fact that it shows they're not stupid enough to go with the original cast again for a potential sequel.

I think you could do this, but not within the context of the reaper game as normal.

It would have to be a less straight forward "Repeat last game with new cast." sequel.

It will definitely be multiplatform, 3DS and iOS for sure. Vita is likely too thanks to the iOS port retconning the two screen mechanic.

Yep. They're better off abandoning the two-screen mechanic as far as gameplay is concerned as long as this new game is built from the ground up with a single touchscreen in mind, then being able to put it out on multiple platforms at once. This series deserves to be a big deal, which means making it multiplat, IMO.

faridmon

They did announce that they will be more games to come. I wouldn't be surprised if its announced for both the Iphone and the 3DS

In a recent interview given by Tatsuya Kando, director of the recently ported game The World Ends With You, he said that there are still "many more developments" still planned for the title beyond the iOS port.

The recent port features a revamped Fusion combat system, as well as upgraded high-definition art and touchscreen menus. A wireless arcade feature allows players to connect with fellow iOS gamers in the "Tin Pin Slammer" bonus game.

The port retails for US$17.99 on iPhone and US$19.99 for iPad, and includes composer Takeharu Ishimoto's 60-song soundtrack.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/n...th-you-director-hints-at-further-developments

Via My game news flash.

Top Bottom