• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Final Fantasy 5 (smartphones) screenshots

Seda

http://app.famitsu.com/20130321_143479/

FjSi0RK.png

Tcvhggp.png

bV6vbGh.jpg
7NcK7Zf.jpg

AZLd6ir.jpg
b2xeZkT.jpg

evkzLWD.jpg
TWRcizA.jpg

DuRUTZV.png

I wont attempt to translate.

Previous Thread for reference.

The sprites are surprisingly low in detail. You'd think they would do something interesting with all the new pixels they have to work with. But it just looks like they used the "fill" tool from MS paint to use up all that extra space. All of SE's games with sprites in HD have this same issue.

The 4 new jobs are: Prophet, Gunner, Gladiator, Necromancer, I believe.

wrowa

I like how the on-screen control is a full analog slider but you can only move in 4 directions.

At the same time these analog sliders never work quite as well as a simple on-screen dpad. What a useless addition.

I think the backgrounds are okay, but the sprites are killing it. Is this made by interns? They use Amano art for dialogue boxes, but the actual sprites are more cartooney-looking than before? Who thought that's a good idea?

Eek. This looks like FFV Dimensions. Cheap cheap cheap.

I will be so sad when they give FFVI this treatment.

EDIT: The Amano portraits look great though. Yay.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Amano-art is mind blowing... The rest, not so much :/. I would love a 3D version of this though :(.

Ath

Ugh, those sprites are making me physically ill. FFV is my favourite in the series too so this just makes me sad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Remember FFI and FFII on the PSP? How wonderful the art was in those? Why can't they just do that again?

I hated that art too; it was the first step in the path that led us to this monstrosity.

I'd be happy to go back to the days where the sprite work looked like that instead of...this.

Top Bottom