• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record |OT2|

Jintor

And like I've said before, Katie was one of the most inoffensive child characters I've ever seen in a videogame.

I genuinely liked bringing that kid gifts.

Jintor said:
And like I've said before, Katie was one of the most inoffensive child characters I've ever seen in a videogame.

I genuinely liked bringing that kid gifts.
Yeah it helped that she didn't move for 90% of the game and zombrex was easy to get.

Chinner

Banned
okay just finished the main story, starting overtime mode once the credits finish. the end game varies way differnetly compared to DR2. not sure about OT mode yet.

Chinner said:
did anyone just download an update?

Yeah, I can't find anything on it.

I like both Frank and Chuck but if I had to pick a favorite I'd go with Frank. These games are so over-the-top and can be very silly so I think his personality fits the best. I've never taken these games too seriously outside of an arcade beat'em mentality so it was weird dealing with all of the seriousness of Chuck. But as long as the gameplay never changes I don't care who I play as.

derFeef

Got it, still like this game. Hope the time-stuff does not turn me off so fast this time.

edit: and so you CAN boost your level with sandbox mode - awesome!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So, in homage to the release of Dead Rising 2 OTR, I decided to finally pay attention to what I was doing in Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and finish it.

I totally did. I totally want to play more Dead Rising. I want to play Original Dead Rising 2 first, on the PC. It's absurd that the game still costs 39,99 on Steam.

I really hope it gets a 50% or, better yet, a 75% off on coming xmas sale.

I'll only buy OTR when it reaches the same price point, and then probably just do the Sandbox Mode forever.

Jaroof

Just finished the main game.. liked that they changed the twist near the end, for those of us that played the original.
Now to start overtime mode..

I got my copy today on 360. Dear god the load times are horrendous. Seemed to take forever to load up a new game.

I haven't installed it to the HDD yet to see if it makes a difference, but I could swear that the game takes longer to load then Dead Rising 2.

Sandbox mode is fun. It's exactly what Dead Rising needed. Unlimited killing with no timer :D

derFeef

Weird question:
So a friend gifted me this game on Steam without knowing that I already have the retail version. Now I can use the games files to play it proberly on Steam but GFWL do not seem to want the new GFWL key I got with the new version, it just works. I guess it takes the one I put in from the retail one.

Now I have one GFWL key (that one from the steam version) left. Am I able to give that key away to another guy now, or is it somehow tied to Steam.

edit: oh god... sorry for grammar gibbering :/

drizzle

Axel Hertz
derFeef said:
Weird question:
So a friend gifted me this game on Steam without knowing that I already have the retail version. Now I can use the games files to play it proberly on Steam but GFWL do not seem to want the new GFWL key I got with the new version, it just works. I guess it takes the one I put in from the retail one.

Now I have one GFWL key (that one from the steam version) left. Am I able to give that key away to another guy now, or is it somehow tied to Steam.

edit: oh god... sorry for grammar gibbering :/
I believe Games for Windows keys work on an account level. Your account already has a Dead Rising OTR game registered in it (and your PC already has a save file that says you do). You don't need to "register" it again.

Funny enough, you'll need to "register" again if you format your computer and reinstall Dead Rising 2, I'm 80% sure of it.

In other words, yeah, the GFW key you got off Steam is unused (just like my Burnout and Battlefield 2 keys). Obviously, you can't register it on Steam.

On The Record: GFWD(ead Rising)

So it seems like RPS cannot get Off The Record running on PC to do a review. Both review code and retail code.

These aren’t glitches or a lack of keybinding, they are issues which prevent the game from even loading – no title screen, no developer logos. Nothing. Not even an error message. Quite why Off The Record should object so strongly to my machine when its previous incarnation plays just fine, I don’t know, but the fact that the game has made me jump through so many hoops is bad enough, the fact that it still doesn’t work is unacceptable.
Yesterday, I installed the retail version of the game and tried to run it, only to receive exactly the same error, which is to say no real error at all – no message, no details, just an abrupt return to the desktop. The internet informs me that some dedicated folks have been identifying the problems with the port and attempting to find fixes. It’s just a shame that no one at Capcom decided to look at these things before selling the game. Adjustments to speaker sound quality in order to run an application? Crashes if the game isn’t installed to the C: drive? I don’t know if either of those things are necessary in all cases, but they have seemingly made a difference for some people.

The fact that there are only 2 reviews on Metacritic, one in German and a one reference in a console focused Giant Bomb review, makes me wary of picking this up any time soon even though a lot of the reviews on 360 I have read have been positive.

Chairhome

reptilescorpio said:
On The Record: GFWD(ead Rising)

So it seems like RPS cannot get Off The Record running on PC to do a review. Both review code and retail code.

The fact that there are only 2 reviews on Metacritic, one in German and a one reference in a console focused Giant Bomb review, makes me wary of picking this up any time soon even though a lot of the reviews on 360 I have read have been positive.
A lot of people in this thread have picked it up on the PC with no problem. DR2 was best on PC, this should be the same.

derFeef

Chairhome said:
A lot of people in this thread have picked it up on the PC with no problem. DR2 was best on PC, this should be the same.
No problems at all, no. A pretty game too - lost 3 hours in Sandbox mode yesterday - so much fun!

Jaroof

Finally finished Overtime tonight..
I loved the first song that was played during the credits.
The jazzy touch was a nice addition to one of the songs that you constantly heard during the game.

Chinner

Banned
deadrising2otr_2011_10xa8a.png

deadrising2otr_2011_10lltp.png

Still really wish I could see some PS3 capture shots and footage as I would like to buy this but not if it looks and runs like the vanilla DR2 on PS3.

Chairhome

I need to stop popping my head in here cause I thought i had made my mind up that I wasn't going to buy it now. haha. Hmm. With Batman's delay...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Chinner said:
http://www.abload.de/img/deadrising2otr_2011_10xa8a.png[img]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/deadrising2otr_2011_10lltp.png[img][/QUOTE]

Knife Gloves FYEAH !

drizzle said:
So, in homage to the release of Dead Rising 2 OTR, I decided to finally pay attention to what I was doing in Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and finish it.

I totally did. I totally want to play more Dead Rising. I want to play Original Dead Rising 2 first, on the PC. It's absurd that the game still costs 39,99 on Steam.

I really hope it gets a 50% or, better yet, a 75% off on coming xmas sale.

I'll only buy OTR when it reaches the same price point, and then probably just do the Sandbox Mode forever.

They just had it on sale for 50% off within the last week...Wait till the Holiday Sale, I bet they'll have it for $7.50

Chairhome

Damn it. I went from really wanting this to not wanting to wanting it after seeing positive impressions in this thread to not wanting it... now its on sale. I'm broke though so I guess I'll hope for it to hit 20 on steam during the holiday sale...

ezekial45 said:
What combo weapon is he using in that above pic? I didn't know you could combine combo weapons together.

There are several that work that way. That one is the blast frequency gun + cattle prod, plus a laser sword (jewels and flashlight). So it takes four components to make it.

The result causes whatever you shoot to explode and cause bunches of splash damage around it.

kunonabi

I can't believe they're charging for cheat codes, ugh.

How many outfits and weapons are in the base package? Is the total more than Dead Rising1 or do you need to buy dlc to get a comparable amount?

ezekial45

Banned
I really enjoyed this game. Though I really wished Capcom would've just done a GOTY/Ultimate edition of game with the original DR2, Case Zero and Case West, Off The Record, and all the DLC add-ons in a single package.

That would've been really awesome.

The PC version is (probably) going to be a lightning deal in the next half hour on Amazon.

Does anyone know if this is a game where I can just enter the code in to Steam?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just traded in a bunch of shit and got this. Was priced at $32.99, so that was nice. Really loved DR2, definitely looking forward to playing it again with Frank. And Sandbox Mode, as well. :D

I hate to resurrect an already dead thread (haha, no pun intended), but I recently picked this game up and immediately ran into a problem I was hoping fellow folks here might be able to provide advice on.

I pop the game into my 360, load it up, and when I select my HDD as a save device, the game just locks up. It locks up completely, meaning I can't even push the power button on my 360 to reset - I have to pull the power cord on it.

Anyone else here had this problem before or have any advice?

Diablos

Played the one hour game trial on my PS3 this morning, it's honestly not too bad so far. Frank West > Chuck Greene. I always thought it was dumb that they ditched Frank for DR2 canon anyway. I already like the way the story is progressing better than DR2.

I will probably end up buying this. DR is one of the best things to come out of this gen, a lot of the complaining in this thread doesn't really jive with me; despite some of the changes making it "easier" it's still pretty much the same game. You can take photos again, too. Sandbox mode is a welcome addition. There's not much I can find to complain about. It also seems to perform better on PS3.

Yuripaw

Banned
I recently got this on Xbox 360 via games on demand cuz it was only $20. I've been playing lots of sandbox mode lately, if anyone wants to play some co-op sometime, please add me on XBL at I ockman I

I occasionally get random dudes joining my game, but they jump around using random weapons for 2 minutes, then leave -_-

I'm not sure if there is, but are there any co-op specific achievements?

Diablos

I completed the game with some random person on co-op, who, oddly enough, was at the exact same point as me in my single-player game. I love the way the game ends during Overtime. Fantastic.

DR2: OTR without a doubt should be DR2 canon. Either way, though, DR is probably my favorite game to come out of this gen, if not top 3.

I'm going to have to finish my single-player at some point as I don't have much longer to go obviously. If anyone with the PS3 version of this game wants to join in sometime, send me a PM.

Just picked this up recently.

What the hell is it with the random packs of looters EVERYWHERE.

I don't remembering it being this crazy in the original DR2.

Top Bottom