• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit Rumor: Assassin's Creed V to take place in Industrial Revolution, unveil 03/05

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure this is fake, but here we go.

Ubisoft® Uncloak An All-New Era With Assassin’s Creed® V
Paris, France – 04 Mar 2014

Today, Ubisoft announced Assassin’s Creed® V, the next major release in the award winning, best-selling franchise. Assassin’s Creed V serves as the introduction to an all new hero, setting and gameplay mechanics as the Assassin’s Creed franchise hits a new era.

Assassin’s Creed V has been in the development cycle for almost three years, at Ubisoft Montreal and Ubisoft Toronto with development support from Ubisoft studios at Annecy, Quebec and Montpellier. Assassin’s Creed V will release on the PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. The game will release worldwide on November 4, 2014.

In the events of the ongoing Industrial Revolution, Assassin’s Creed V follows the story of Samuel Fey, as he enters the Assassin Order in a time of change and Templar rule. Fey is a successful and respectful entrepreneur, who works outside the corrupt law to guarantee the security of his own and others’ futures. Taking place during the closing years of the Industrial Revolution in Victorian London, players will explore all new locales as they uncover the truth behind the hidden ongoing rebellion.

Assassin’s Creed V is the turning point for the franchise, featuring completely revised stealth and combat mechanics, powered by the next-generation Ubisoft AnvilX engine and all-new gameplay features and systems. While Assassin’s Creed acts as Ubisoft’s rescope for the franchise, it maintains the key touch points that the series is built upon.

Assassin’s Creed V can be pre-ordered at UBIShop® by visiting: http://shop.ubi.com/AC5

Limited, Collectors and Special Editions will be available after further information is uncovered in the coming weeks.
For more details and information on Assassin’s Creed and Assassin’s Creed V, please visit: assassinscreed.com and facebook.com/assassinscreed.

©2014 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.

“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Kinect, Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.

Psykoboy2

Someone on Reddit mentioned their Best Buy got in boxes for promotional materials for AC5, but were instructed not to do anything with them until March 3rd, I believe.

Here's a possible FAKE press release.
In the events of the ongoing Industrial Revolution, Assassin’s Creed V follows the story of Samuel Fey, as he enters the Assassin Order in a time of change and Templar rule. Fey is a successful and respectful entrepreneur, who works outside the corrupt law to guarantee the security of his own and others’ futures. Taking place during the closing years of the Industrial Revolution in Victorian London, players will explore all new locales as they uncover the truth behind the hidden ongoing rebellion.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
All right, even though I'm not really convinced, since Ubisoft is a leaky boat and comments on rumors from time to time, we might as well put this in a separate thread and see if we can fish up a response.

Tadale

I'm definitely down. I half expect(ed) it to be pirates part 2, considering the success and no doubt hard work that went into building that game.

players will explore all new locales as they uncover the truth behind the hidden ongoing rebellion

I was under the assumption that most AC games were roughly true to history with smaller fictional story elements grafted ontop of that. This doesn't jive with what I thought AC was.

Edit: Weren't there supposed to be two this year, one for last gen and one for current gen?

Regardless of the setting I really hope this is true because AC desperately needs to do this:

"Assassin’s Creed V is the turning point for the franchise, featuring completely revised stealth and combat mechanics, powered by the next-generation Ubisoft AnvilX engine and all-new gameplay features and systems. While Assassin’s Creed acts as Ubisoft’s rescope for the franchise, it maintains the key touch points that the series is built upon."

Psykoboy2

Don't know about the press release, but the Best Buy part is somewhat believable. Promotional material for AC IV leaked around the same time last year.

Oh it's ALL somewhat believable but I really try hard to stress the "take it all with a grain of salt" mentality when it comes to the rumors of things.

I say this as a person who gets his hopes up easily - especially with a Victorian London setting.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
All right, after comparing this to real Ubisoft press releases for a while, this is really inconsistent in use of registered marks and phraseology. I'll leave this locked up thread so people searching can find why we decided to not run with this.

Weird, I've heard Industrial revolution too, but that the character's name is Gus, and before he becomes an Assassin, he is a lovable chimney-sweep. The character is meant to be as clean as a whistle, sharp as a thistle, best in all Westminster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom