• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The next Xbox is already being designed" Senior Editor of WC says.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/884917264310575105

c2MvoIE.png

Should be added to OP - apparently the neXtbox has a code name according to Jez (read comments on twitter in the OP).

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Not really saying all that much. The PS5 is in development right now as well.

Microsoft even admitted that they're thinking about the next console. I like Jez but I think he states obvious stuff quite often.

chalk this under "no shit, sherlock."

The next iteration of successful cyclical products is always being worked at any given time, even if it's just ideas on a whiteboard or actual engineering prototypes.

bluexy

I mean, of course it is. They have an Xbox hardware team. Its job is to work on Xbox hardware. It's not like they wrapped up the Xbox One X and Phil was like, "Alright guys, go home! We'll call you back when the community feels like it's the right time for a new Xbox!"

Gamezone

Gold Member
Didn't The Evil Within developer a few years ago predict that there wouldn't be a next generation console? Just a TV and a controller?

True Fire

Game companies are always testing future capabilities. Their R&D is millions of dollars—I imagine they've already seen what next next next next generation will look like.

bigjig

But how is MS ever going to build up its first party software lineup when all they do is concentrate on hardware!?

El_Chino

A Matrick-less next Gen Xbox should be a thing to behold.

Like the OG Xbox and the Xbox 360.

But how is MS ever going to build up its first party software lineup when all they do is concentrate on hardware!?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Venom.

I think the Xbox One X was envisaged as a next-gen console, but Microsoft learnt that they couldn't launch a next-gen machine without Sony because publishers were not going to make next gen games for the manufacturer with a smaller market share. Also, Xbox Two will benefit in sales numbers if it launches in the same launch window as PS5 because of the hype and publishers able to convert games.

News of Xbox Two before XBO X launches without any exclusive games may indicate Microsoft is not fully behind it.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Not surprising in the slightest.
The one after this one is already on a roadmap somewhere with target specs and general architecture.

Of course it is. People that think PS5 will completely take MS by surprise have another thing coming when MS releases the neXtbox right after, most likely with better specs since MS seems to be going all out with hardware (finally).

Xbox One X-2 Xbox United

It would honestly surprise me at this point if they weren't already designing the next iteration. It takes years.

They do both. Microsoft has a LOT of teams. Some work on hardware and some work on games. It's the same way Microsoft has teams working on Windows, Office, SQL Server, Visual Studio, Azure, etc.

Dynomutt

I feel like MS is playing the long game. Hopefully Sony goes 3rd party and they no longer have a direct competitor. I pray this never happens though the more the better.

Top Bottom