• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

The aspect ratio won't change during the IMAX scenes, so you will lose the additional footage on the top and bottom of the screen.

It's very likely fluff imagery anyway. If anything important were being lost they'd have kept the aspect ratio for those scenes.

Psykoboy2

That TDK imax intro footage is pure amazing.

Shame on you Zack.

So true. The first time I ever saw it was for Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen. When that screen expanded and filled my whole TV it was magnificent. Regardless of the movie, it was beautiful to see.

tim1138

It's very likely fluff imagery anyway. If anything important were being lost they'd have kept the aspect ratio for those scenes.

The IMAX shot from the Knightmare sequence was amazing.

bvs-imax-screen.jpg

antovolk

Is Zack even in charge of things like that?

Yeah. Brad Bird said a firm no to expanding IMAX footage on the MI:GP Blu:

6823222986_ebb1a5587f.jpg

JJ said the same about ST Into Darkness but then made a version with variable aspect ratios for the Blu re-release the following year and the 4K.

Tweeted Larry Fong about this, curious what he will say.

Bleepey

I don't get DC, they think audiences will be confused by their being multiple suicide squads and thus they put the kybosh on Arrow's Suicide Squad, then they introduce Superman to Supergirl. Weird

Boke1879

I don't get DC, they think audiences will be confused by their being multiple suicide squads and thus they put the kybosh on Arrow's Suicide Squad, then they introduce Superman to Supergirl. Weird

Arrow's SS was trash anyway. Their Deadshot was decent.

Magwik

Banned
Suicide Squad isn't essential to Arrow like Superman is to Supergirl.

Effect

Don't expect him to be a regular or anything. They needed to cast him because of how essential to Supergirl he is. The chat window thing was not working and how the finale used him was unacceptable. We'll likely see more Clark Kent then Superman though. Also I expect they'll make it clear the difference between the Supergirl version and Cavil's movie version in the marketing.

The problem will be if people start liking the TV version more. I hope they don't go down the Reeves route to be ultra safe. They need to keep breaking people of that version. It should not be the definitive version of the character. I HATE bumbling Clark.I don't want a perfect Superman that has no faults.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn, Icon lives here doesn't he.

So, we'll get a WW trailer with Suicide Squad. Right? Or just a teaser, movie is still a year away.

antovolk

Still thinking Comic Con instead.

Not really as I think it's gonna be basically both though. Debut it/release online at Comic Con, then have it debut theatrically with Skwad. No doubt it'll come out around that late July period IMO.

Question is - whether Hall H will get an exclusive trailer for themselves - a bit like MOS which had that "Journey to the Line"-soundtracked trailer for Hall H while they released a pair of teasers for TDKR.

Then the question is how they'll make enough space for both the 2nd WW trailer and the first JL one, which I'm pretty sure they will drop a year out with Fantastic Beasts/Rogue One. Maybe save the 2nd WW trailer till something like Assassins Creed/Passengers?

Penguin

Goddamn, Icon lives here doesn't he.

So, we'll get a WW trailer with Suicide Squad. Right? Or just a teaser, movie is still a year away.
I imagine it premieres at SDCC and then is with the movie during its initial run

We got first SS trailer 13 months out.

Only because they absolutely wasted Michael Jai White as Bronze Tiger. Perfect casting and they do nothing with it.

Well, Bronze Tiger... I feel like that was mostly the actor... he was kiled off-screen in one of those tie-in comics I hear

antovolk

I imagine it premieres at SDCC and then is with the movie during its initial run

But it was never intended to be released publicly though, that January trailer was basically meant to be the first one (although if they haven't released that SDCC one the Jan one would've been far more teasery)

While JL having a teaser a year out is a given, I'm not so sure about WW?

Dead

well not really...yet
Disappointing about the lack of IMAX scenes, but tbh not that fussed about it. I prefer the consistent AR presentation rather than the switching.

That being said, The switching is especially awful in Nolan films since it changes within single scenes. At the very least IIRC Zack filmed the IMAX stuff in BvS in blocks though, so you dont get that effect.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't expect the real Superman to appear in Supergirl. This is cool imo. GOtham should have its Batman too.

Those shows are just awful and no doubt Superman will be too. And then it is just a matter of time before we get the "lol, this Superman is better than the Cavill one, switch it up" kinda comments. Yuck.

ReiGun

The times they are a-changing. Their TV division is huge now and is currently doing better with audiences than the films. I imagine we'll see a lot of the embargo stuff start to dissipate in the coming years. Supergirl getting to use Clark and Legends of Tomorrow getting the freaking Justice Society are probably just a start.

I didn't expect the real Superman to appear in Supergirl. This is cool imo. GOtham should have its Batman too.

They do. He's 13.

IconGrist

I'm very surprised by the Superman on Supergirl news. Look how Ezra gets blasted in comparison to Grant (unfairly if you ask me). There's no way this will do Cavill any favors.

strafer

I'm very surprised by the Superman on Supergirl news. Look how Ezra gets blasted in comparison to Grant (unfairly if you ask me). There's no way this will do Cavill any favors.

It's just two episodes. It will hardly impact Cavill in any way.

IconGrist

It's just two episodes. It will hardly impact Cavill in any way.

We're still arguing Man of Steel 3 years after the fact. 2 episodes of discount Reeve Superman will be used against Cavill for a good while. Ezra has been Flash on screen for less than a minute and people already argue his Flash is inferior.

a916

Well, Bronze Tiger... I feel like that was mostly the actor... he was kiled off-screen in one of those tie-in comics I hear

Something tells me DC should dial down the 1 year out stuff... by the time the movie needs a push, you have to show off newer footage. This serves no purpose... I get that fans want it, I definitely do lol, but I don't know why WB did that full on trailer for SS.

Ross61

Something tells me DC should dial down the 1 year out stuff... by the time the movie needs a push, you have to show off newer footage. This serves no purpose... I get that fans want it, I definitely do lol, but I don't know why WB did that full on trailer for SS.

They trailers for Suicide Squad definitely have done their job of getting us excited while also leaving us clueless about what's going on. If it wasn't for the negative backlash from the first Comic-Con photos, we would probably on be at two trailers.

a916

I feel for that Flash movie, not only are they going up against the really good CW show, but they also have to go up against the movie stealing scenes of Fox's Quicksilver.

Ninjimbo

We're still arguing Man of Steel 3 years after the fact. 2 episodes of discount Reeve Superman will be used against Cavill for a good while. Ezra has been Flash on screen for less than a minute and people already argue his Flash is inferior.
People with agendas will always find something. I still have to hear about how Brandon Routh is a much better Superman than Cavill from some friends.

GeeTeeCee

It's the nature of these massive money making properties now that studios feel the need to start building hype long in advance. Heck, we technically even got a teaser for Infinity War a while back, and that's still years away.

It's not film related, but I'm still annoyed that EA showed off Star Wars Battlefront three years in a row, and only had anything of substance to show the third year. At least with Suicide Squad those of us who weren't at Comic Con were never supposed to see that trailer originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom