• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N3 first impressions

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
There's still slowdown in the game. Not in the first level though. But beginning in the fourth!

:(

It's a fun game though, but I'll post impressions soon. I'm currently working through Ookami, Mother 3 and Yangus all at the same time.

How is the story presented? Is it all just in cutscenes that divide the levels? That's the impression I got from my preview time. Honestly, I REALLY wanted to like this game (I love Mizuguchi), but based on my experience with it it was completely underwhelming. I really can't see myself spending money on it unless I hear some seriously substantial positive feedback on the overall product.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
How is the game compared to the demo? Can you do more moves at the start? Does the enemy variety change up more? Are the backgrounds still lifeless? Is the enemy still stupid?

Chris Remo said:
How is the story presented? Is it all just in cutscenes that divide the levels? That's the impression I got from my preview time. Honestly, I REALLY wanted to like this game (I love Mizuguchi), but based on my experience with it it was completely underwhelming. I really can't see myself spending money on it unless I hear some seriously substantial positive feedback on the overall product.

Uh-oh. :\

I'm picking this up today; got a bad feeling right now.

Damn region coding!

I've gotta wait till fricken June for this one

and i've got 20 to 1 odds that i'll be stuck with a horrid english dub too :(

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jack Random said:
Damn region coding!

I've gotta wait till fricken June for this one

and i've got 20 to 1 odds that i'll be stuck with a horrid english dub too :(
I believe N3 is region free.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
oh, i might be even quicker actually - store opens at 10 am. It's now 9:30 am...
will get dressed and move my azz.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Damnt i have ot make a mad dash to akiba after 5 today to pick up my junk. I hope hte rain cools down by then.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
jj984jj said:
I believe N3 is region free.

I heard the same thing. If it is indeed true, I'll pick it up on sunday when I go shopping.

testudo

What exactly is Yangus? I'm playing through Dragon Quest VIII currently(my first Dragon Quest)
Is it a full RPG for Yangus(any other characters?) or does it play differently?
And what are the chances we will see this in the US?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
DCharlie said:
will be back in 5... hold on guys!

This is crucial. This will make or break my purchasing of N3.

sprsk

testudo said:
What exactly is Yangus? I'm playing through Dragon Quest VIII currently(my first Dragon Quest)

its totally different, if youve played any fushigi no dungeon game its pretty much that staring yangus.

im sure there are a few new things in it but its mostly that.

testudo said:

It's a Mysterious Dungeon sidestory title starring Yangus as a young boy. Not sure if it's coming over here or not.

Aryuken

Banned
So, does the game have English option? Because if it's region free but doesn't have english...what's the point?

arne

Aryuken said:
So, does the game have English option? Because if it's region free but doesn't have english...what's the point?

EDIT: remarkably polite so far.

Some folks are at least bilingual. With other folks, just because you can't read the text doesn't mean you can't "get" or follow the story. So, like spr0sk says, that way you can play it, still understand it in most cases and enjoy it.

sprsk

Aryuken said:

to play it before it comes out in america?

Aryuken

Banned
sp0rsk said:
to play it before it comes out in america?

With japanese language? ..... I fail to understand how that would justify the purchase. Of Course...you might know how to speak Jap.

sprsk

Aryuken said:
With japanese language? ..... I fail to understand how that would justify the purchase. Of Course...you might know how to speak Jap.

cause last i checked mashing attack buttons and killing thousands of trolls didnt actually require knowledge of anylanguage. Even if you cant speak japanese its still playable and enjoyable.

Aryuken

Banned
sp0rsk said:
cause last i checked mashing attack buttons and killing thousands of trolls didnt actually require knowledge of anylanguage. Even if you cant speak japanese its still playable and enjoyable.

I understand.

Kinda.

I mean jesus....60 bones for that?

I'll just leave.

Captain N

Its been a year since that guy left..come on now! I hope it is region free so I can buy it when I pick up my DS Lite this week.

thetrin

Aryuken said:
I understand.

Kinda.

I mean jesus....60 bones for that?

I'll just leave.

Yea, better get outta here before you piss more of us off.

Brofist

sp0rsk said:
well hes gotta play the game before he can give us impressions

we're only waiting for region free or not, should only take as long as booting an Xbox360 game takes ;)

DCharlie

it's NOT region free.

anyways, my local store - when i got there - was sold out _when they opened_.

So i'm guessing they got two copies in and both were on preorder, so i had to treck to another store to get it.

Anyways, yes, not region free - so don't order it if you have a US machine.

.hacked

DCharlie said:
it's NOT region free.

nooooooo5pv.png

thetrin

That is totally lame. Well, that's one less game to buy this month.

DCharlie

Just played a bit - it's pretty fun, but so far it's just mash-mash-mash.

AI is still pretty thick , but the slashing through hordes of enemies is pretty fun. Graphically, it's not bad at all so far - frame rate is stable (although looking at Reno-'s post that might change) things all look good enough. The music is pretty good so far as well.

Will try and play some more, but i have Okami to try now too! :D

Top Bottom