• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

snesfreak

Banned
Lol Snes you are awesome.
Oh, I know.
smug.gif

eznark

Banned
Wow people hate on AD? Man this makes me wanna watch it again to see what people are hating on...

I mean how can you hate on AD?

I don't hate it. It's a generic, rote network sitcom. If it had Tim Allen I would probably love it! However, as it is, it's just a sitcom without any actors that I like very much. I see no reason that people have crazy attachments to it. There is just nothing interesting about it. Based on the sort of cult love for it I assumed it was going to be edgy or quirky or intelligent but it's none of those things. It's just a network comedy with a lazy ass voice over (all voice overs are lazy).

I don't like Community, but I totally get why people do. It's weird. It has interesting writing and out-of-place characters that make the show unique. I don't like it, but I get why others do. I totally do not understand why people have weird raging boners for Arrested Development.

Will Arnett is the best actor on the series, but his character is shit. Forcing a catch phrase four episodes in? Is this the 80's? If I want to see Will Arnett I will watch a far more compelling but still fairly generic show, Up All Night....is that still on?

Also, Michael Cera is pretty much the worst. David Cross is the best, but it doesn't seem like they let him be very David Cross-y or even feature him much.

I'll probably keep watching episodes in the background while playing Dota, but man...I'm shocked by how vanilla it is.

I don't hate it. It's a generic, rote network sitcom. If it had Tim Allen I would probably love it! However, as it is, it's just a sitcom without any actors that I like very much. I see no reason that people have crazy attachments to it. There is just nothing interesting about it. Based on the sort of cult love for it I assumed it was going to be edgy or quirky or intelligent but it's none of those things. It's just a network comedy with a lazy ass voice over (all voice overs are lazy).

I don't like Community, but I totally get why people do. It's weird. It has interesting writing and out-of-place characters that make the show unique. I don't like it, but I get why others do. I totally do not understand why people have weird raging boners for Arrested Development.

Will Arnett is the best actor on the series, but his character is shit. Forcing a catch phrase four episodes in? Is this the 80's? If I want to see Will Arnett I will watch a far more compelling but still fairly generic show, Up All Night....is that still on?

Also, Michael Cera is pretty much the worst. David Cross is the best, but it doesn't seem like they let him be very David Cross-y or even feature him much.

I'll probably keep watching episodes in the background while playing Dota, but man...I'm shocked by how vanilla it is.

You think a man in a $5000 suit cares what you think? C'mon!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You think a man in a $5000 suit cares what you think? C'mon!

Yeah, see. How is this funny enough to be quoted a billion times? I get the joke. It's just not that freakin hilarious. Same with people posting every stupid thing that came out of Tobias' mouth or the "bees, beads" thing.

LOL ANALRAPIST!!!!

*rolls eyes* Yeah, buddy. Very clever. Now, run along with your safety scissors.

jakncoke

Banned
For instance the me being a seachicken fan meme stopped being funny a long time ago yet is still prevalent to the nfl-age ecosystem. freeman is fat is still funny however.

jakncoke

Banned
lol phil simms had

92 of 173 passes for a 53.2% completion percentage and totalled 6 touchdown passes, 11 interceptions, and 1,229 yards.[2] The team also finished with a paltry 2–6–1 record in his senior season

stats and yet was still drafted in the 1st round. kinda funny.

eznark

Banned
So is The Wonder Years lazy in your opinion?

The Wonder Years is a great show despite the voice over. It also uses the VO as a sort of reminiscing I believe (it's been forever since I watched an episode) whereas AD uses the narrator as a crutch because it can't be bothered to keep its characters interesting enough for you to remember what cliched hi-jinx they are currently up to.

When there is a purpose outside of "hey, remember this guy from last week? Probably not so we should remind you" to the voice over, it can at least be tolerable.

The Wonder Years is a great show despite the voice over. It also uses the VO as a sort of reminiscing I believe (it's been forever since I watched an episode) whereas AD uses the narrator as a crutch because it can't be bothered to keep its characters interesting enough for you to remember what cliched hi-jinx they are currently up to.

When there is a purpose outside of "hey, remember this guy from last week? Probably not so we should remind you" to the voice over, it can at least be tolerable.

Truth. Also why the voice over in Christmas Story works.

...but I didn't say fudge

Talon

People don't get AD?

Next you'll tell me that people root for the Buccaneers!

Anyways, current Saints douchebag Drew Brees, former Saints douchebag Scott Fujita, and current NFL PA head douchebag Demaurice Smith are at NFL offices today. Presumably bitching about the pending bounties punishment for involved players.

Talon

:jnc As though there is something to get.
In jokes and callbacks. Show was more consistent - maybe to a detriment on an episode-by-episode basis - than any sitcom I can think of.

You absolutely need to see the show in chronological order. Otherwise, people aren't interested, and I don't blame folks for it.

bionic77

Yeah, see. How is this funny enough to be quoted a billion times? I get the joke. It's just not that freakin hilarious. Same with people posting every stupid thing that came out of Tobias' mouth or the "bees, beads" thing.

LOL ANALRAPIST!!!!

*rolls eyes* Yeah, buddy. Very clever. Now, run along with your safety scissors.
While you are horrible person with no taste, we can all agree at least that rape jokes are played out and that people here need some new material.

Fat jokes are still ok. Sorry SNES...

Talon

Honestly, I gave it probably three shots before I finally came around on it. First time, I watched a few random episodes and was confused. Second time, I watched the first 3 episodes, and I wasn't feeling it.

I finally watched season 1 through and burned through the rest of them.

Now, granted, I wouldn't hold it against you for giving up on it. That's on the show. They made a show that's more serialized than standalone, and it made a big difference in ratings. I remember having only caught one episode when the show was still on the air, and I gave it all of thirty seconds.

People don't get AD?

Next you'll tell me that people root for the Buccaneers!

Anyways, current Saints douchebag Drew Brees, former Saints douchebag Scott Fujita, and current NFL PA head douchebag Demaurice Smith are at NFL offices today. Presumably bitching about the pending bounties punishment for involved players.

Something tells me that Goodellführer will not be as harsh on the players as he was with the coaches.

He's already killed the head, the body should fall, right Gregg?

eznark

Banned
In jokes and callbacks. Show was more consistent - maybe to a detriment on an episode-by-episode basis - than any sitcom I can think of.

You absolutely need to see the show in chronological order. Otherwise, people aren't interested, and I don't blame folks for it.

I watched the first four episodes basically back to back. It's so generic.

Oh sh1t

We agree on something

Time to go white sheet shopping.

People hating on AD makes me die a little inside.

Not surprised eznark doesn't like it though...what do you like?!

Sitcom wise? I like Parks and Rec, it's a pretty excellent show in all facets. Curb, Seinfeld, Tim Allen vehicles.

Arrested Development is wildly overrated, and I like the show.

It was an interesting quirky show that like a million other shows could have caught on but didn’t, then took on this meta role of the brilliant overlooked sitcom. AD isn’t good enough to warrant the praise it gets, but now it’s cool to like it so here we are.

Talon

If you like Parks & Rec and Curb, AD really should be up your alley.

It gets charming and similarly absurd in season 2.

bionic77

Home Improvement was such a shitty show and it is hard for me to believe that Eznark can like such a lazy sitcom, especially one where the woman runs shit and is smarter than the husband.

eznark

Banned
If you like Parks & Rec and Curb, AD really should be up your alley.

It gets charming and similarly absurd in season 2.

Like I said, I'll probably keep it on. I find it patently ridiculous that this show is going to get anywhere near as intelligent or interesting as Curb however. And the writing and acting in P&R blows it out of the water to this point.

Home Improvement was such a shitty show and it is hard for me to believe that Eznark can like such a lazy sitcom, especially one where the woman runs shit and is smarter than the husband.

I like anything with Tim Allen except for the truck commercials, and that's only because he is hawking shitty Chevy's.

Talon

Like I said, I'll probably keep it on. I find it patently ridiculous that this show is going to get anywhere near as intelligent or interesting as Curb however. And the writing and acting in P&R blows it out of the water to this point.
It doesn't reach Curb in terms of absurdity and blowing out, you know, actual interactions. Because Larry David is God of situational observations.

The writing is better than Parks & Rec. And that's honestly my favorite comedy on TV right now - even from a guy that hates Aziz. There's not exactly a Nick Offerman corollary (I'm assuming he's your favorite part), but the acting is excellent. Jeffrey Tamboor, Jessica Walter, David Cross, and Tony Hale are awesome.

I guarantee few things, ez, but I will guarantee that you won't regret giving Arrested Development the time of day judging by your tastes in sitcoms.

Wrayfield

Yeah, clearly long else Cromartie would've been mentioned. But that one makes me chuckle even more:

In college I was an intern for the Portland Trailblazers (mind you, this was during their Jailblazers heyday while Shawn Kemp was there). I did a bunch of stuff for the PR Department and one day I was filing a bunch of stuff in the office and I came across the Player Questionnaires that they have each new player fill out when they are acquired. It gives them some stupid personal info to include in the media guide and for the announcers and what not. Anyway, on Shawn Kemp’s questionnaire under hobbies it said, “girls”. And my personal favorite – under favorite breakfast he listed, “girls”

Top Bottom