View Single Post
Gummb
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
(12-25-2012, 11:33 PM)

Originally Posted by miksar

You can complain about everything, but the point in complaining is actually improving things, not just complaining for the sake of complaining. Fixing the controller region-lock issue won't improve anything because no one can take advantage of it so far. Things like making mature games available to buy only for a few hours a day are much more important. I don't want Nintendo spending a single second resolving a non-issue as long as a serious issue is still present.

Furthermore, before complaining, we should understand why the reason Nintendo did it. Is it just an anti-consumer corporate greed measure? I hardly doubt it. If GamePad has a firmware, I can see how it can be a problem as it has TV functions implemented in it. No one complains that we don't have a universal firmware instead of European, American and Japanese.

This is very true, we never knew the Wii U's firmware could be updated until this problem happened. It's very possible that the GamePad's region lock is a consequence of ensuring that the GamePad remains usable for the system it was originally meant to be played with. The truth is that we don't know. Until Nintendo comments, it is irresponsible to speculate and generate piles of slander for something we don't understand.

In the mean time... :lol