• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro: MSIFUSIHTS/SY2: The Straight-Up Official Thread!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
soultron said:
Dacvak said he would be making announcements through the thread when I contacted him. ;J
Excellent :)

cooljeanius said:
Did some testing today. We now have our first entries in the official bug tracker!
Just one detail: the default controls have changed a bit. They'll be listed in the build description I'm preparing, detailing what's missing and what's placeholder, once QA starts officially.

- WASD to move
- left mouse button to shoot
- Q or Shift to pick up/throw stuff
- E to cycle through your weapons
- Spacebar to jump

The mouse wheel should be added as a secondary way to cycle through your weapons later down the line (not in the QA build), and the right mouse button will be assigned to slicing (slicing is not in the build yet).

Jocchan said:
Just one detail: the default controls have changed a bit. They'll be listed in the build description I'm preparing, detailing what's missing and what's placeholder, once QA starts officially.

- WASD to move
- left mouse button to shoot
- Q or Shift to pick up/throw stuff
- E to cycle through your weapons
- Spacebar to jump
Oh, ok. The testing instructions still have this as the controls:
Brosquad Bug & Gameplay Test 1 said:
Controls

Number keys 1 - 4: Weapon selection
WASD: Movement
Mouse Movement: Facing
Mouse Button 1: Fire Currently Selected Weapon
Shift: Pick-up Object / Throw Carried Object
Spacebar: Jump

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Yeah, some details are still a bit outdated. Everything will get sorted out, so we can start officially ASAP :)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Today I sent dentoomw a description of the build: how it controls, what's in, what's still out, what's placeholder, what are the desired behaviors for some elements, and what kind of feedback we need besides bughunting.

bistromathics said:
bug tracker? link?

nm, it's prolly in wave
It's in the QA wave :)

bounchfx said:
the website is looking bad ass. great job guys.
Thanks man! :D

Machado said:
how can I play the demo?
Did you enlist for QA?

dentoomw

Hey Dudebro fans,

Apologies for not having posted here for some time, but glad to see a lot of excitement over the upcoming QA :)

I still need to get around to updating the test plan I have up on the Wave with the developer notes, It should be ready within the week. At the moment, I'm just getting the Brosquad testers up and running with access to the Wave and stuff. You should have received a PM from me about this if you signed up and were accepted before in the old old thread (which I can't seem to find at the moment, grrr)

cooljeanius actually went ahead and started testing even without all the documentation ready :D thats cool with me though, glad to see at least one of our testers is excited :lol

dentoomw said:
cooljeanius actually went ahead and started testing even without all the documentation ready :D thats cool with me though, glad to see at least one of our testers is excited :lol
Lol, didn't even realize the documentation wasn't finished. I just noticed it start appearing and assumed that would be all. :lol

Cow Mengde said:
Your time-line damn better be as good as the one in Zelda.

We're not leaving it to the fans to put things in order, but you can bet there will be the same amount of discussios. It's A LOT deeper than you would expect.

Carlisle

I'm still here! Just thought I'd do some chiming in. I've gotten ridiculously busy the last several weeks or so. But I'll be coming into a fuckload of permanent, daily free time in 2 weeks. I barely even have time to check GAF anymore, let alone bro some dudes, or even game.

2 weeks baby. 2 weeks.

bounchfx

I'm surprised you guys aren't switching over to Source after Alien Swarm just came out. it's tile based, has the 3rd person shooting, and is very easily mod-able. not to mention fantastic lighting. just something to think about... :)

bounchfx said:
I'm surprised you guys aren't switching over to Source after Alien Swarm just came out. it's tile based, has the 3rd person shooting, and is very easily mod-able. not to mention fantastic lighting. just something to think about... :)

I'd venture they'd want to avoid Dudebro Forever. ;-)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
bounchfx said:
Actually it's extremely tempting, but...

The Blue Jihad said:
I'd venture they'd want to avoid Dudebro Forever. ;-)
... this is one of the biggest reasons why I believe we shouldn't.
We already sunk a good deal of time with Unity, switching over would mean redoing a lot of things from scratch, and we're already behind our schedule.
Unity is still a capable engine, and version 3 (scheduled to come out this Summer) has some really neat stuff.
If we started development today instead of months ago, we'd probably go with either Source or UDK.

dunno if you guys saw this, it's from the facebook group.

The ladies love wearing dudebro: :D

er0m1j.jpg

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah, that's my girlfriend. I bought her a Dudebro T-shirt and she wanted to model it. :lol

howtojoin.png

If you want to help:
1. Follow this FAQ: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcs6hh5g_23cgnp39cs
2. PM Danthrax your e-mail to be added to the staff list, Dropbox and the Google Waves
3. Contact your team lead to get assignments
4. Make sure you keep following the waves, this thread, and read the GDD
5. Remember that no one will PM you asking to do X or Y (we're too many), if you need assignments/feedback/direction/info/a beer/whatever just PM your lead
6. Use the IRC channel (more details below) to stay in touch with the team!!!
7. ???
8. PROFIT!

Useful links:
Sign-up FAQ: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcs6hh5g_23cgnp39cs
Dudebro Game Design Document: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcs6hh5g_8dv7w2pfm
Dudebro official website: http://www.grimoireassemblyforge.com/dudebro/
Dudebro Wiki: http://dudebro.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
CafePress Store: http://www.cafepress.com/dudebro2

And CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES because I or another Dudebro volunteer may have PMed you about something important!

IRC details:
server: irc.gamecubecafe.com
channel: #dudebro

thank you for your attention and have a fantastic day!

Sill4

If marketing wants some additional promo art for t-shirts, just give the word. Dudebro deserves to be everywhere in many varieties!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sill4 said:
If marketing wants some additional promo art for t-shirts, just give the word. Dudebro deserves to be everywhere in many varieties!
I agree, we need more designs.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
carlosp said:
i hope i wont get banned for this but is there a console version planned? Does Unity work on the consoles at all?
Unity supports iPhone, iPad, WiiWare and PSN, and XBLA support is heavily rumored to be coming soon.
That said, we're focusing on finishing the game first. Honestly, I'd love to see it ported to every platform under the sun... but no one would want to play a bad game, so we need to make it good first.

Sill4

Jocchan said:
Unity supports iPhone, iPad, WiiWare and PSN, and XBLA support is heavily rumored to be coming soon.
That said, we're focusing on finishing the game first. Honestly, I'd love to see it ported to every platform under the sun... but no one would want to play a bad game, so we need to make it good first.
Or we just pay for top reviews.

dentoomw

Just wanted to update everyone that we've officially started the QA process :) Should be an interesting next few days... :D

Also, if anyone has sent me a PM and I have NOT replied, please just resend it again. I have to constantly clear out my inbox since I'm still capped at 50 messages lol :( so I may have read your message but simply forgotten to reply. My apologies if this has happened.

Hey, has anyone else here played Guerilla Bob for iDevices? I've been playing the lite version on my iPod Touch, and it's been reminding me of Dudebro for a few reasons:
• Character design is somewhat similar
• Looks like it's made in Unity
• Both are "dual stick" shooters
• Both are humorous
What do the rest of you think?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
cooljeanius said:
Hey, has anyone else here played Guerilla Bob for iDevices? I've been playing the lite version on my iPod Touch, and it's been reminding me of Dudebro for a few reasons:
• Character design is somewhat similar
• Looks like it's made in Unity
• Both are "dual stick" shooters
• Both are humorous
What do the rest of you think?
I did! I found out about this game back in February. At first I thought it was quite similar too, but it's actually really different (which is good) :)

Sill4

Is it fun? I may have to put it on my iphone. Has anyone tried Alien Swarm yet? It looked pretty similar from the screens I saw.

2010, year of the top-down shooter?

JambiBum

Since we need more designs for shirts I'm gonna see if I can get my brother to design some stuff if he has time. Guy is magical with graphic design.

dentoomw said:
Just wanted to update everyone that we've officially started the QA process :) Should be an interesting next few days... :D

Also, if anyone has sent me a PM and I have NOT replied, please just resend it again. I have to constantly clear out my inbox since I'm still capped at 50 messages lol :( so I may have read your message but simply forgotten to reply. My apologies if this has happened.

Hmm, thought Dacvak would make a new thread. Guess you guys have enough people without it?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah, more T-shirt designs would be sweet. I really like the ones we have right now, too. The problem is that we'd need to spend money to upgrade our shop to put multiple designs on the same type of shirt ... right now, I have each design on separate types of T-shirts. And spending money to upgrade the shop kinda defeats the purpose of the shop, especially when we don't get many sales :lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
whitehawk said:
Okay just want some quick feedback. I was messing around and came up with this. I just want to know if it's worth continuing and finishing, otherwise I'll just scrap it.

http://www.box.net/shared/2ozbc7dsjh
It's totally worth it, man.
Extremely badass, as Sill4 said it would work perfectly for act 6-2.

Sill4 said:
Is it fun? I may have to put it on my iphone. Has anyone tried Alien Swarm yet? It looked pretty similar from the screens I saw.

2010, year of the top-down shooter?
Honestly, I didn't like Guerrilla Bob much. I hear it had a major update, though, so now it may be worth it.
Basically, you (used to) walk through linear levels with a small number of bullet sponge-ish enemies attacking you (3-4 tops at the same time). Kinda fun at first, but it got extremely repetitive fast. Hopefully the update fixed that.

EDIT: Sorry, I should have specified I was talking about Guerrilla Bob, not Alien Swarm.

whitehawk said:
Okay just want some quick feedback. I was messing around and came up with this. I just want to know if it's worth continuing and finishing, otherwise I'll just scrap it.

http://www.box.net/shared/2ozbc7dsjh
Although I'm not involved with the project, just want so say: "I love it".

@Jocchan

It's not a very major update, mostly bugfixes as far as I'm aware of. But the game has many mod potential (source code will be made available, tilebased editor, add-on support etc.).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I guess we're being langdell'd:

"GRIMOIRE ASSEMBLY FORGE" is a violation of the trademark brand GRIMOIRE RPG held in Sydney, Australia. This page contains copyright violations for both Bioshock and Grimoire Roleplaying Systems computer game products which constitute digital media theft and this page and it's maintainers have thirty days to remove these materials or they will be prosecuted in a court of law where the trademarked brand is held.
http://dudebro.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Also, lol at the Bioshock mention (the page is hosting a photoshop made by someone).

Top Bottom