• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Path: Little Red Loli Rape Sim

FatalT

Banned
thepath.jpg

There is one rule in the game. And it needs to be broken.
There is one goal. And when you attain it, you die.

Six sisters live in an apartment in the city. One by one their mother sends them on an errand to their grandmother, who is sick and bedridden. The teenagers are instructed to go to grandmother's house deep in the forest and, by all means, to stay on the path! Wolves are hiding in the woods, just waiting for little girls to stray.

But young women are not exactly known for their obedience, are they? Will they be able to resist the temptations of the forest? Will they stay clear of danger? Can they prevent the ancient tale from being retold?

The Path is a game about growing, about changing, about making choices, about accepting the consequences of these choices. A game about playing, and failing, about embracing life, perhaps by accepting death.

This game was made by the same people who made The Graveyard, the game where you play an old lady who can walk around a graveyard and sit on a bench. Groundbreaking stuff, really. Anyways, The Path lets you play as six girls ranging from age 9 to 19. The goal of the game is to get to Grandma's house, just like in the original fairy tale story of Little Red Riding Hood. Of course, you can also stray from the path and explore in the woods, but stay away from WOLVES LOL.

In all seriousness, this game is pretty terrible but it deserves its own thread for seeming so innocent but really being hella disturbing. The actual goal of the game is completely different from what you would expect because this game is actually a LOLI RAPE AND MURDER SIM.

LOLI RAPE AND MURDER SIM

9 year olds. Full force. Every orifice.

Unfortunately for you guys, the game doesn't actually show any penetration or graphic imagery. All you get is a black screen and some cat-like screeching during rape scenes. In fact, you wouldn't even expect your character to be raped until after it happens. In one part, your little girl is walking around and comes across a stage with a piano on it. A little elf goblin comes out and sits beside your girl and they flirt and play the piano together. Cut to black screen with cat screeching. The screen comes back and your little girl is laying in the rain outside of grandma's house and looks obviously raped and battered.

After you drag your girl into grandma's house (I should also mention that the controls are complete and utter shit and your characters are slow as hell) you go through a series of morbid scenes in each room of the house. Eventually you get to grandma's bedroom where you die. Yes, you're raped and then you die. Game rocks.

Also if you don't send your girl to get raped and go directly to grandma's house you get to eat cookies with her, then a screen comes up scolding you for not partaking in the young and nubile rape by saying FAILURE.

I give it 10 out of 10 beaten and battered pre-teen cunts.

Pictures

path1.jpg

path2.jpg

path3.jpg

path4.jpg

path5.jpg

Other Impressions/Reviews

Rock Paper Shotgun (NO SPOILERS)

Die Hard Game Fan (SPOILERS)

Sites

Steam Page

Official Site

DogWelder

Not that I know anything about rape sims, but if you don't actually see anything or control the rape, it's not a simulator. </semantics>

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
They're not "back." Read the 'About' section of their site. They bought the name and URL.

Atilac

So the failure screen tricks players into leaving the path on the 2nd playthrough, which ultimately leads them to be raped by nature or creatures of myth?

mollipen

RSLAEV said:
Die Hard Game Fan (SPOILERS)

What the hell, how come no one told me DieHard GamfFan was back? Or is this just a website with the same name?

The only connection they have to the original GameFan is the name, which Dave okayed them for using. That's it.

The closest thing to GameFan that currently exists would probably be Play, as it has six (if I'm counting right) ex-GF people on the staff.

Acosta

Wow, stupid thread is stupid.

Tom Chick have a nice review for it, it´s a game worth discussing and we can do that without a smartass poster thinking he is funny.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Okay, let’s play a game. Raise your hand if you want to play a game based on Little Red Riding Hood. Hey look at that – lots of hands are up. Okay. Who wants to play a DARK version of that story akin to the original tellings? Still lots of hands. Okay, who wants to play a game where there is massive lag between button pressing and the actual reaction from the game? Oh. Less hands. Who wants to play a game where the interactivity only works half the time. Even less hands. Who wants to play a game with all this and involves you pushing your main characters, some as young as seven or nine years old to be raped by creepy pedophiles and then you make them crawl to their last bastion of hope and solace only to have them be murdered in a place they would otherwise consider safe? Wow everyones hand went back up.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
To clarify, the game's not really about a kid getting raped, and the OP was just embellishing what might be happening during the black "you are dead" screen with some random crap to rile up the forum, yes? We all know how well people generally read through the lines around here.

the game still seems pretty useless and brutal.
who wants to play a game where you just wander around and die?
and probably get raped beforehand?

i'm shocked at the number of female staff involved.

XiaNaphryz said:
To clarify, the game's not really about a kid getting raped, and the OP was just embellishing what might be happening during the black "you are dead" screen with some random crap to rile up the forum, yes? We all know how well people generally read through the lines around here.
I don't think it's a "might".
KibblesBits said:

Maybe... they thought women would like this sort of thing?

XiaNaphryz

ninj4junpei said:
I don't think it's a "might".
That's what I'm trying to get clarification on - is the OP just adding the raped part because it looks ambiguous (OMG the girl's all beat up and on the ground, it must have been teh rapez as well), or does it actually happen in the game, especially given that the Tom Chick review mentions nothing of the sort. Hyperbole is rampant on these boards you know.

XiaNaphryz said:
That's what I'm trying to get clarification on - is the OP just adding the raped part because it looks ambiguous (OMG the girl's all beat up and on the ground, it must have been teh rapez as well), or does it actually happen in the game. Hyperbole is rampant on these boards you know.
Well, the articles he links to say that much.

XiaNaphryz said:
The Tom Chick review doesn't, and makes a Silent Hill comparison. So which is it? :)

i don't think this thread should even have a single smiley in it. what a gross topic. why don't you go buy the game or find some links on youtube and report back?

pakkit

Banned
KibblesBits said:

:lol :lol

XiaNaphryz said:
The Tom Chick review doesn't, and makes a Silent Hill comparison. So which is it? :)
From the second site:
The Path is nothing more than one giant metaphor for rape. Rape and murder. All you do in the game is walk around, get a girl raped, and then you take her bleeding battered form to Granny’s house where she gets murdered.
Another example is with the oldest of the girls. You find an amphitheatre in the forest along with a piano. If you sit down to play the piano, an elf comes up to you, flirts with you, and then you start playing the piano together. The curtain of the stage slowly starts to come down while you play and then it fades out.

Then the screen goes black and when it comes back on, the girl is lying in the rain, beaten and injured and obviously raped.
:\

I just don't understand why anyone would make a game like this. I understand trying to make point of the world being hopeless and shit, but...

XiaNaphryz

ninj4junpei said:
From the second site:

:\
Which is why I'm confused as hell. Were there two different versions given out for review or something? Chick's review makes the game sound absolutely bland outside of a "If you're a woman, or if you have a daughter, The Path will be uniquely disturbing" comment.

Hmmm...

lethial said:
I thought these threads were exclusive to that creepy kid who makes all the loli 360 game threads.
This is on a whole other level than that type of stuff. I think this is quite out of his jurisdiction. :\

Chowfahn

Neo Member
This looks a lot like Yume Nikki. Awesome. I'll probably buy it in a few days.

And holy shit that GameFan review was terrible.

Top Bottom