• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PSN] Loco Roco Interactive Screen Saver coming soon!

Orobi

Loco Roco Interactive Screen Saver
free on PSN coming to June! :)
Maybe is just a "teaser" of the "next" Loco Roco on PS3
Source: Scee release schedule on a local shop

Id like if it has a bit of music and a few small lyrics!!!

Bajumbo moi noi noi jecker
Dabatto bunkergait jun jun
Nora juerue-rotto pura-pura petto
Puraret dum dum
Papuranoi noi noi jecker
Dabatto bumperget tum tum
Ora poerketino bookeran tan-tan-s

nofi

Wonder if there'll be more. Nice idea, actually.

1.9 UPDATE CONFIRMED - Screensaver support.
:)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
nofilter said:
Wonder if there'll be more. Nice idea, actually.

1.9 UPDATE CONFIRMED - Screensaver support.
:)

well, the Folding@home is kind of like a screen saver. except it helps compute stuff

-Rogue5-

davepoobond said:
well, the Folding@home is kind of like a screen saver. except it helps compute stuff

That and fl0w could both be considered interactive screensavers... They're good if they're free; doubly good if they help kick diseases' asses like folding.

nofi

-Rogue5- said:
That and fl0w could both be considered interactive screensavers... They're good if they're free; doubly good if they help kick diseases' asses like folding.

Well, if the LocoRoco one is anything as interactive as Fl0w I'm a happy boy.

Hell, even if it's just one level that has online leaderboards... :D

-Rogue5-

nofilter said:
Well, if the LocoRoco one is anything as interactive as Fl0w I'm a happy boy.

Hell, even if it's just one level that has online leaderboards... :D

I wouldn't be surprised... I mean they've released like 5 different Loco Roco demos on PSP, so giving PS3 owners a "demo" level that doubles as a screensaver wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

nofi

And June starts on Friday, so there's no doubt us Euros will see it in the PSN IN JUST 4 DAYS.

Oh, wait.

jiggle

locoad.jpg

hope that's actually about a game, not this screen saver XD

PARANO1A

PS3. Does heaps of awesome stuff but no games :lol

An open letter to Sony: TAKE YOUR DEVS OFF SHIT LIKE INTERACTIVE SCREENSAVERS AND GET SOME ****ING GAMES OUT THEN YOU MAY SELL MORE THAN HALF OF THE 360'S SALES VOLUMES

Thanks

PARANO1A said:

An open letter to Sony: TAKE YOUR DEVS OFF SHIT LIKE INTERACTIVE SCREENSAVERS AND GET SOME ****ING GAMES OUT THEN YOU MAY SELL MORE THAN HALF OF THE 360'S SALES VOLUMES

Thanks

Example of what happens when a Junior who doesn't know what he's talking about appears!

PARANO1A said:
I'll keep that quote for May's NPD's I think. :)

I don't go to NPD threads aaaand I'm just saying you don't know what you're talking about when you say "lolz developers making screen savers instead of games".

seb

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
Id like if it has a bit of music and a few small lyrics!!!

Bajumbo moi noi noi jecker
Dabatto bunkergait jun jun
Nora juerue-rotto pura-pura petto
Puraret dum dum
Papuranoi noi noi jecker
Dabatto bumperget tum tum
Ora poerketino bookeran tan-tan-s

Is it wrong that I'm singing this in my head ?

Goldrusher

PARANO1A said:

Thanks

bishopkart.gif

pswii60

I've never played PSP LocoRoco but I still can't wait for PSN LocoRoco because from what I've seen from the PSP version vids, that game with tilt will rock.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sony releases free content, NeoGAFers interpret it as Sony going out of the games business and into interactive screen savers. No more games for PS3 confirmed.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
PARANO1A said:

Thanks

seriously? because they're making a loco roco screen saver that makes you go on a tirade about how they're not making games?

content is content, and FREE content is nicer, if not better than a game imo. its not like it takes all that long to make in the first place ya jackass

Forsete

PARANO1A said:

Thanks

PARANO1A said:
I'll keep that quote for May's NPD's I think. :)

slag2slo.gif

Hopefully this is a real screenaver you can turn on and off within the XMB, and not in the "games" section where you would have to click to activate.

mabuza

Banned
PARANO1A said:

Thanks
****ing juniors

davepoobond said:
Folding@home will see a universal decline when the LocoRoco screensaver hits in June, exactly like what cartoons did for educational programming.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Hopefully this is a real screenaver you can turn on and off within the XMB, and not in the "games" section where you would have to click to activate.
Not necessarily. Just look at how Folding client works. It has a screen saver mode that activates after the preset amount of time, and you set that by pressing triangle button over the icon in the games section.

Presumably, if you have more than one such software, only the last one you set to activate after the time of inactivity would do so - others would have to be automatically set to disabled.

Marconelly said:
Not necessarily. Just look at how Folding client works. It has a screen saver mode that activates after the preset amount of time, and you set that by pressing triangle button over the icon in the games section.

Presumably, if you have more than one such software, only the last one you set to activate after the time of inactivity would do so - others would have to be automatically set to disabled.

Oh shit I didn't even know you could do that with folding! Turning on PS3 now...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So, there's no confirmation of this - we are clinging to something printed on a game store, if even that report is true.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Oh shit I didn't even know you could do that with folding! Turning on PS3 now...
Yeah, it's actually pretty handy if you have a plasma TV like I do - prevents burn-in if you forget to turn PS3 off and just leave it sitting idle.

GrayFoxPL

Orobi said:
Loco Roco Interactive Screen Saver
free on PSN coming to June! :)
Maybe is just a "teaser" of the "next" Loco Roco on PS3
Source: Scee release schedule on a local shop

Sweet!:)

63v2978.gif

Marconelly said:
Yeah, it's actually pretty handy if you have a plasma TV like I do - prevents burn-in if you forget to turn PS3 off and just leave it sitting idle.

Hmm, I am thinking now it's too bad you can't have the Photo Album be a screensaver. That would rock too.

I put all my photos on the PS3... the photo slideshow is so incredibly awesome.

GrayFoxPL

castle007 said:
Jesus christ, what movie is this?? They need better actors
If you look closely you will notice how she doesn't actually hit him.

The actor playing the hero is too expensive. He's a pussy too. The director didn't want to risk, so he told her to swing far from his face. It came out fake but still it's better then scraping the show because of "Star" asshole suing everyone around :\.

Madman

PARANO1A said:

Thanks
I'm sick of all this free stuff that takes little development time!

Top Bottom