• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

ZeroX03

Banned
The CW ratings are pretty awful. It's all about those secret Netflix numbers.

Most people I know (not comic book or CW folks by any stretch) are aware of the show or have seen it thanks to strong Netflix presence. Will be interesting if there's a similar effect after it hits US Netflix and whether an audience builds over hiatus.

Breaks are an unfortunate evil in television. Very hard to schedule an uninterrupted run without tripping over some holiday or event or whatever. For Riverdale if they could get like an 8/8 split like TWD that'd suit the show and Netflix nicely.

are we talking about nielsen rating? it only counts live tv? i guess if that's the case i'm not part of them as i watch it on cw site the next day. we just gotta post more pictures of betty and veronica during the break.

RedAssedApe

Banned
are we talking about nielsen rating? it only counts live tv? i guess if that's the case i'm not part of them as i watch it on cw site the next day. we just gotta post more pictures of betty and veronica during the break.

last time i checked its averaging about 2 million viewers after dvr and on demand viewing is included. which is about in line with other shows (i.e. half the audience never watches these things live)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dv...g-brings-less-than-half-of-top-shows-ratings/

personally i'm going to wait til the show is on netflix to check it out...too much other gaming and tv content to consume at the moment.

C93lM14UIAAxBye.jpg:large

C93lM19UQAAck18.jpg:large

Man, the goal is to look this good in a suit.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

You're not part of the Nielsen ratings because you'd either have a box on your TV given to you by the Nielsen company or you'd be filling out a weekly journal of what you're watching for them.

Video is from next week's episode, but here's
Archie and Veronica performing Kids in America.
link

You can see the exact moment
Betty decides she's over Jughead, poor Jughead.

link

look at cheryl and betty. when veronica starts singing. one is super jealous veronica is the total package. the other is oozing inside to break up with juggy

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
link

The almond milk in my fridge went bad from Betty's sour look. I didn't even know almond milk could go bad! Cheryl and Betty both look shook.

I think Detective Betty has just figured out Archie and Veronica hooked up by their stage chemistry. She's the Batman of Riverdale.
No idea why Cheryl cares.

Joni

Probably the story thread from the week before last where
Cheryl was supposedly hooking up with Archie and Archie rejected her. Guessing she's jealous like Betty.

Looking forward to next Thursday!
She looks kind of heartbroken even. Betty thinks she can still win while Cheryl knows she had lost.

Nitemare1

The CW ratings are pretty awful. It's all about those secret Netflix numbers.

Most people I know (not comic book or CW folks by any stretch) are aware of the show or have seen it thanks to strong Netflix presence. Will be interesting if there's a similar effect after it hits US Netflix and whether an audience builds over hiatus.

Breaks are an unfortunate evil in television. Very hard to schedule an uninterrupted run without tripping over some holiday or event or whatever. For Riverdale if they could get like an 8/8 split like TWD that'd suit the show and Netflix nicely.

No joke. I was five episodes in on netflix before I even knew this show was on tv.
I dont really watch any network TV though. I just happened to see a commercial for it while watching the news on KTLA one day.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Cheryl was supposedly hooking up with Archie and Archie rejected her. Guessing she's jealous like Betty.

Yeah, you're probably right.
Never considered her feelings might be genuine.

My prediction is Archie will go off with his mom to Chi-Raq for the summer. Probably more music opportunities there.

Killer Prediction: Ethel. Sometimes Polly sets off my alarm too. Redheads and Cooper Women are not to be trusted.

Nah, she still remembers that vicious Twincest burn that Veronica inflicted on her in the last episode.

The almond milk in my fridge went bad from Betty's sour look. I didn't even know almond milk could go bad! Cheryl and Betty both look shook.

I think Detective Betty has just figured out Archie and Veronica hooked up by their stage chemistry. She's the Batman of Riverdale.
No idea why Cheryl cares.
I mean she loss to v in the dance off. Now she sees her
singing
she shook

Zousi

Just caught up. Molly Ringwald, eh. 80s poster girl of teen movies as the mom then. Would be interesting to know the casting story behind this. Interesting choice for sure.

Joni

Just caught up. Molly Ringwald, eh. 80s poster girl of teen movies as the mom then. Would be interesting to know the casting story behind this. Interesting choice for sure.

Greg Berlanti's shows have been made such casting gags for years now. Dad Flash was the Flash, mom Supergirl was Supergirl, dad Supergirl was Superman, ...

chefbags

Yeah, you're probably right.
Never considered her feelings might be genuine.

My prediction is Archie will go off with his mom to Chi-Raq for the summer. Probably more music opportunities there.

Killer Prediction: Ethel. Sometimes Polly sets off my alarm too. Redheads and Cooper Women are not to be trusted.

Except Triss Merigold. I trust her with my life.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Joni

Some promising spoilers.

TVLine said:
PRE-FINALE:
Homecoming takes on a whole new meaning when Archie’s absent mom Mary (played by Molly Ringwald) returns to Riverdale. And she and her estranged husband Fred aren’t quite ready to finalize that divorce, executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa hints: “The question of ‘Is she maybe going to rekindle with Fred?’ is definitely in play.” Fred and Archie aren’t the only ones happy to see her back in town, either: “It’s a good thing that Mary Andrews is a lawyer, because someone needs a lot of legal advice.” Plus, “there’s definitely more trouble” in store for teen lovebirds Betty and Jughead, with an event that “one of them considers a big betrayal.”

SEASON FINALE (MAY 11):
Riverdale isn’t making us wait for an answer to its season-long mystery. Aguirre-Sacasa says the reveal of who killed Jason Blossom will actually happen the week before the season finale, so the finale “can really focus on the relationships, once the mystery’s been solved.” That said, the killer’s identity “opens the door on a lot of new mysteries,” the EP teases, with the finale packing “a couple of cliffhangers that will give you a hint of what’s to come” in Season 2.

Pachimari

I'm catching up on this one and the character names are starting to stick, but I still can't get used to Betty and Jughead being together. Still, everything that is happening around the parents is super interesting.

Still have one more episode to go before I'm caught up.

They say in the article, one reason why recasting. Due to his other commitments couldn't use him as much as wanted.

All of the characters aside from Betty, Archie, Jughead, Veronica, Cheryl, and their parents have been given short shrift. More Reggie/Dilton/Moose/Ethel/Midge/Kevin, please.

Grizzlyjin

Reggie is being recast for season 2 since the actor has commitments to 13 Reasons Why

http://tvline.com/2017/04/25/riverdale-reggie-recast-season-2-ross-butler-leaving/

Makes sense. Guess the actor wins either way. Both shows have cultivated themselves a very fervent young fanbase. That's good to have pushing your name for an up and coming actor. In premise, I don't know how much gas 13 Reason Why could possibly have in the tank but it'll lead to other roles. And there was so little Reggie in this season that it wouldn't be that jarring to have a new actor.

ZeroX03

Banned
Weird, but I guess it's a good thing they didn't make him a major player like Kevin without a contract.

13 Seasons Why should've never gotten a second season lol

SRG01

Weird, but I guess it's a good thing they didn't make him a major player like Kevin without a contract.

13 Seasons Why should've never gotten a second season lol

Yeah, it's a little weird to have a second season considering the premise of the show.

Top Bottom