• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Climax Studios working on new Prince of Persia...?

Salsa

from the other thread:

"Unnanounced character action platformer - 2013"

http://www.climaxstudios.com/our-games/

Platform_Char_Action_07.jpg

Platform_Char_Action_04-1024x514.jpg

Platform_Char_Action_06-1024x514.jpg

Platform_Char_Action_05-1024x514.jpg

Platform_Char_Action_09-1024x514.jpg

Platform_Char_Action_08-1024x514.jpg

Salsa

as far as I know they're working with Konami as a publisher but there's no fucking way that game is NOT a prince of persia game..

so yeah, I dont know

Salsa

Nothing on there is that impressive.

not trying to say that either, but some of the lighting and specially the antialasing makes me think those screens arent really indicative of what a handheld game could look like

so yeah, could be vita but those screens leave me wondering

from the looks of it XBLA/PSN type stuff seems more likely?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, that looks kind of neat.

Liking the art direction.

Takao

Banned
that's some bullshot if this is Vita

then again some textures look pretty low res

According to Ubisoft this is a Vita game:

assassins_creed_liberation.jpg

The image quality is no where near that good on the real deal.

If this is a PoP game on any platform it would be pretty stupid to post up pictures. Publishers usually don't allow developers to do things like that.

Maybe ubi main teams are too busy with ac and watchdogs, so they handed pop to an outside dev.

Although it's improbable climax or ubi would just dump images of a pop game like they did here. It would prolly get a proper announcement.

Salsa

If this is a PoP game on any platform it would be pretty stupid to post up pictures. Publishers usually don't allow contracted developers to do things like that.

the weird thing is that they've told they're working on 2 games for Konami

now the site shows these screens, and other screens for a horror game

so, are these the two games for Konami?

there's little chance both Konami AND Ubisoft allowed them to do this at the same time

are they seriously putting out a new IP for Konami that looks exactly like POP then?

not sure what to think

Something about the game looks off, the prince looks...modern?

Still hoping that someday Ubisoft will give PoP 08 another chance.

Shiggy

well it's listed under "unnanounced character action platformer - 2013"

as in, "we're working on it for someone"

They are probably not allowed to announced work for publishers. So self-funded? Is Climax in some financial trouble? Darkworks also announced Black Death when they were out of funding.

shaowebb

Ehrmagerd!

Yes. All of my yes. This is one of my few game series that I will buy every game for. Please let there be more. Let this be good.

Kifimbo

They do when the franchise becomes low priority (see Might & Magic).

Well, Might & Magic X is actually the first mainline Might & Magic game from Ubisoft, outside of "spin-offs" (Heroes and Dark Messiah). It was always a low priority franchise for them. Unlike PoP.

SJRB

Gold Member
Dien't Ubi put the POP franchise on hold indefinately? Pretty sure I read an interview about this not too long ago.

Salsa

It was always a low priority franchise for them. Unlike PoP.

POP is at the bottom as far as priorities for them go man. Ass Creed was the new POP, Watch_Dogs will be the new Ass Creed, etc.

Every time they have a new succesful franchise they sorta drop the last. Prince of Persia will obviously get another attempt at a reboot down the line but I wouldnt be surprised if they outsorce a game like this

Shiggy

Dien't Ubi put the POP franchise on hold indefinately? Pretty sure I read an interview about this not too long ago.

They just announced an iPad game.

This is definitely not a new PoP though. To me, it looks like Climax is trying to get some interest by publishers with this publicity stunt. It could be that they are lacking any publisher-funded projects at the moment if they start original titles instead of some cheap titles like Eyepet and Smart As.

Edit: They show lots of activity at the moment and also have open positions. Financial problems thus don't seem to be the problem.
http://www.linkedin.com/company/climax

Kifimbo

POP is at the bottom as far as priorities for them go man. Ass Creed was the new POP, Watch_Dogs will be the new Ass Creed, etc.

Every time they have a new succesful franchise they sorta drop the last. Prince of Persia will obviously get another attempt at a reboot down the line but I wouldnt be surprised if they outsorce a game like this

Just saying they haven't done that with Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil or Driver.

Salsa

I'd rather have a new Prince of Persia then the yearly ass creed. But who is Climax Studios? Never heard of them.

they're kinda all over the place

they made the terrible Rocket Knight XBLA game but they also made the fantastic Silent Hill Shattered Memories

so yeah

Top Bottom