• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Several indie games announced for PS4 and Vita at BitSummit

viveks86

bitsummit_04_cs1w1_400x267.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia showcased a new lineup of PlayStation 4 (and two PS Vita) indie games during its stage event at BitSummit in Kyoto today.

Assault Suit Leynos/Target Earth (PS4, Dracue Software)

Reportedly a full remake of the original Mega Drive game.

Target_Earth.jpg

here's a shot of that Leynos remake:

376j0kQ.jpg

Leynos site: http://leynos.dracue.co.jp/
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PyoijgijT4
Composer: Tsukumo Hyakutaro (Thunderforce V)
Mecha Design: Toru Yoshida

Development will be done by the Gunhound team. A Kickstarter will be launched to fund development, and localization for western regions.

Infinita Strata (PS Vita, Office 5656) – No details.

One Upon Light (PS4, SUTD Game Lab)

• Immerse yourself in the monochromatic world of One Upon Light.
  • Over 20 levels of intriguing, hand-crafted puzzles!
  • Manipulate surroundings to cast shadows and keep yourself safe from the light.
  • Explore the darkness and uncover mysteries behind the world you are in.

95f53d41b414ee6277d7f10589eff625.png

resized_a0e9c5bc4009421d6beb7ac077ea97bd.png

resized_4a8e03481629747f5f8588d157cacc37.png

Trailer

Prismatic Solid (PS4, YO1 KOMORI)

A shoot ‘em up initially launched as a $1 Xbox LIVE Indie Game in June 2010.

prismatic-solid-boss-level1.jpg

prismatic-solid-boss.png

Old Trailer

Revolver360 Re:Actor (PS4, Cross Eaglet)

A “rotary shoot ‘em up” first sold for PC at Comiket 85 last year

R360R-2013-01-07-15-58-45-33.jpg

R360R-2013-01-07-16-02-46-73.jpg

Old Trailer

Rocketbird 2: Evolution (PS4 and PS Vita, Ratloop Asia)

Releases Fall 2014

Rocketbirds-2-Evolution_2014_03-07-14_001.jpg

Rocketbirds-2-Evolution_2014_03-07-14_002.jpg

Rocketbirds-2-Evolution_2014_03-07-14_003.jpg

Trailer

http://gematsu.com/2014/03/ps4-indies-bitsummit-kyoto-assault-suit-leynos-two-shmups-first-look-rocketbirds-2

Also, is there a bigger version of the first picture listing all the games? I noticed TorqueL, but can't make out if there are other logos that haven't been formally announced.

There isn't. But these are all the logos:

Mighty No. 9
Project Phoenix
Airship Q
Torquel
Prismatic Solid
Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
Contrast
La Mulana Portable
Revolver360 Re:Actor
Warframe
[This is the only one I can't make out]
Blacklight: Retribution
Assault Suit Leynos
Infinita Strata
Yakem Rodem (PSM)
Pavilion
Machinarium
One Upon Light
Don't Starve
Cytus Lambda
Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Here's more on Airship Q. Hearing about this game for the first time.

Creator: Miracle Positive Co., Ltd.

Game Website: https://www.facebook.com/airshipq

Description:
Airship Q is a sandbox action RPG, where players solve mysteries by controlling an airship in the open sky as a character who has been transformed into a cat. Airship Q is one of the first Japanese sandbox action games delivered by an independent game developer.

Rain falls, water flows, plants grow, and land changes ?
While everything is rapidly changing, the character quickly runs, jumps, controls an airship, digs, builds, fights, and dies. All actions the character takes will create a unique world you could never have imagined.

Z1TYAuzQRKy28Yoet0Kb_air_game1_450.jpg

Trailer

salromano

bitsummit_04_cs1w1_400x267.jpg

Also, is there a bigger version of the first picture listing all the games? I noticed TorqueL, but can't make out if there are other logos that haven't been formally announced.

There isn't. But these are all the logos:

Mighty No. 9
Project Phoenix
Airship Q
Torquel
Prismatic Solid
Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
Contrast
La Mulana Portable
Revolver360 Re:Actor
Warframe
[This is the only one I can't make out]
Blacklight: Retribution
Assault Suit Leynos
Infinita Strata
Yakem Rodem (PSM)
Pavilion
Machinarium
One Upon Light
Don't Starve
Cytus Lambda
Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Also, here's a shot of that Leynos remake:

376j0kQ.jpg

Again, really small.

sense

I don't think they should make a Rocketbirds 2.

get outta here!!!

i actually enjoyed the game when it went on sale for like 5 bucks. the game was simple and funny at times and puzzles were decent. it was short and i hope they improve on the next game.

I love it

I could get em on PC for a fraction of the price with more control and graphics options, so I don't. Where's my Japanese games, Sony? Not much on the horizon for PS4 outside of the annual trashcan franchises and indies. I'm worried for my PS4 after Infamous and Ground Zeroes :|

I could get em on PC for a fraction of the price with more control and graphics options, so I don't. Where's my Japanese games, Sony? Not much on the horizon for PS4 outside of the annual trashcan franchises and indies. I'm worried for my PS4 after Infamous and Ground Zeroes :|

that's weird, you bought it for japanese games but there's none coming up that interest you?

Look I like Indies as much as the next guy.

However, I think PS4 is getting a deluge of these.

I want major AAA game announcements.

PS4

Assault Suit Leynos
Prismatic Solid
Revolver 360
RocketBirds
One Upon Light
Flock

Vita

Airship Q
Torquel
La Mulana
Infinita Strata

viveks86

Here's more on Airship Q. Hearing about this game for the first time.

Creator: Miracle Positive Co., Ltd.

Game Website: https://www.facebook.com/airshipq

Description:
Airship Q is a sandbox action RPG, where players solve mysteries by controlling an airship in the open sky as a character who has been transformed into a cat. Airship Q is one of the first Japanese sandbox action games delivered by an independent game developer.

Rain falls, water flows, plants grow, and land changes ?
While everything is rapidly changing, the character quickly runs, jumps, controls an airship, digs, builds, fights, and dies. All actions the character takes will create a unique world you could never have imagined.

Z1TYAuzQRKy28Yoet0Kb_air_game1_450.jpg

Trailer

sense

I know right. the system has been out for like 3 WHOLE months. i mean the system has been out for so long that developers should have had AAA games ready to go by now.

Coxy

holy shit Assault Suit Leynos remake? damn I hope it turns out good, was never expecting to see that come back, loved it back in the day

Tagyhag

La Mulana on the Vita will be awesome, hopefully it sells well so then maybe 2 will come out on it later on.

I wish the list had higher quality indies though, most of these look like filler.

Salex_

I'm starting to think for every 10 indie games announced, people think 1 non-indie that was announced is suddenly gone. People don't realize that Sony has already announced more retail 2014 exclusives than the competition.

Anyways, I'm disappointed in the lack of 3D indie platformers and games within the fighting game genre. AAA developers seem to be scared to use some of the unexplored fighting game gameplay mechanics from Bushido Blade, Bleach: Dark Souls, Urbans Reigns Tom & Jerry War of the Whiskers, etc. Sequels to SF, Tekken, KOF, and so on is cool and all, but there's so much potential to make the genre more popular if developers looked beyond the tradition fighting game.

Good to see some Japanese indie talent. Saying that, there isn't much there that appeals to me. Maybe ASL and Once Upon Light.

Top Bottom