• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favorite games to use a peripheral?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Also for thread purposes just using something like a standard arcade stick doesn't count.

So what are your favorite games to use a peripheral?

Raptomex

Light gun shooters. That PS3 rifle thing is awesome. I forgot the name of it. Also, the Wii is a great console for this genre and has some pretty cool gun peripherals. Not all of them work well, though. They need to make a comeback.

These helped me get back in shape during college.

DDRMAX2.jpg

PSE-2.jpg

lyrick

Samba De Amigo

RockBand/GuitarHero

Sega Bass Fishing

I guess my Vive technically should count although some would consider it more aligned to a platform.

Menitta

Fighting games with arcade sticks.

I've always wanted to try DDR fighting games. I tried it with Smash but it was mapped to the d pad

Aaron D.

8L6aFFC.jpg

People may clown on it for not being a "real" wheel, but for pure convenience and ergonomics, the MS Wireless Speed Wheel is an absolute dream.

Of course it won't match the feedback & fidelity of a dedicated setup, but going from the standard 360 pad to the Speed Wheel with titles like Forza 4 & Horizon was a night and day difference.

Damn, that derided peripheral was baller.

Lot of fun times with light gun games on the PS1, DC and Saturn.

Point Blank
Virtua Cop 1 and 2
Time Crisis 2
House of the Dead 2
Confidential Mission

Some favorites.

F-Zero GX w/Logitech Speed Force.
Rez w/PSVR or Vive.
Virtua Cop 2 w/Saturn Stunner Arcade Gun.
Duck Hunt w/NES Zapper.
Time Crisis 2 w/G-Con 2.

Top Bottom