• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary Collection announced for Wii

Aeana

Don't get too excited. It's the Famicom versions of Dragon Quest 1-3 and the Super Famicom remakes of those games, packaged together on a disc a la the Mario Anniversary collection.

Truth101

Banned
Aeana said:
Don't get too excited. It's the Famicom versions of Dragon Quest 1-3 and the Super Famicom remakes of those games, packaged together on a disc a la the Mario Anniversary collection.

I like this...

I wonder how much money this will print?

Aeana

It'd be nice if they fixed DQ1 and 2 FC. Or at least added saving to them (the Japanese originals only have passwords).

I wonder how this affects the chances of them coming to the 3DS virtual console.

Lazily going in and out of sleep mode makes random battles so much more palatable.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, DQ is actually coming to Wii, isn't it?
I need to get a Wii.

Huff

Banned
Somnid said:
If it did hit America (which it won't), I'd probably buy it (so realistically I'm not).

You took the words out of my mouth. This reminds me to finish 6 and start 9.

king zell

celebrating it's 25 anniversary, this compilationis coming for the Wii this September including the first three games.

there is jump scan for it.

Teknoman

I'd buy this if it was localized...or at least release the damn VC titles that released here (or the GBC titles on the 3DS shop).

cvxfreak said:
Should have been DS instead.
They completed their commitment to the DS and now it's time to drum up hype and support for the future release of X.

It just sucks that one platform had excellent remakes while the other is getting ROM dumps.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Love that they're doing this. I'll pick this up day 1.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I can't help but to feel slightly disappointed. Looking forward to the soundtrack where half of it is composed of sound effects. (I kid, I kid).

I'll get it if it comes out here, but it sounds lacklustre to me.

Big One

Banned
AniHawk said:
...what's the point of putting the same games twice on the same collection?
Some people prefer the others. III's remake is fantastic in particular and worth replaying for imo.

Aeana

AniHawk said:
...what's the point of putting the same games twice on the same collection?
Might as well. Although if they don't fix 1 and 2 Famicom (they won't), then there's no reason to play them. NA got much upgraded versions of those games on the NES. I don't want to keep track of 52 character passwords for DQ2 anymore.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'd say it's guaranteed not coming here.. They're not gonna hack English into ROMs.

Jumping on the localization train. And shame these aren't on DS/3DS. DQ IX is really quite a fantastic game.

BocoDragon said:
I'd say it's guaranteed not coming here.. They're not gonna hack English into ROMs.

Rational enough reasoning, disappointing as it is.

Credo

Definetly will buy if it ever comes to America, but I'm pretty skeptical it will. I've never gotten around to playing the first 3 games.

rpmurphy

Aeana said:
It won't come out in NA because the SFC versions aren't translated.
Yeah, but DW1-4 on one disc would be nice. Nintendo ought to push them for a release but I'm guessing that's unlikely. Hope to be proven wrong though.

Top Bottom