• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MormaPope

Banned
cgday_zps55e29cd2.jpg

Update:

Hideo Kojima said:
Currently I'm working on the challenge (which I'm going to announce at GDC) on the production procedure over FOX engine. I strongly believe making the artificial waxwork look real or lively and making real person's expression ASAP over CG share much of common.
Source: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/lbf370

So, /v/ posted a theory.

Joakim is 100% CGI in that interview. This is an elaborate tech demo for the Fox Engine.
- It explains why the two are never in the same frame together
- It explains the bandages
- It explains why the game being on the Fox Engine was the big reveal.

If you look at his cheek during the interview, the shading seems suspicious. And the closer you look at it, I have a hard time believing he is actually there.

pGNwNhI.png

Cleared up the Twitter image a little. Tried to offer more definition. No matter what I did there was no definable definition on the neck area.

Also worth noting that messing with the levels of the image showed some rather interesting artifacts on everything apart from his head. Suggesting a higher resolution image has been layered atop the low resolution body.

9GXNPVB.gif

Points worth noting:

• The upper eyelids only half drop. The attached skin doesn't move at all. (i.e. the eyebrow, the recess below the eyebrow)
  • The lower eyelids simply don't move. I don't know about you, but I can't move my upper eyelids independently of the lower. More-so, when you are shocked or taken aback by something, the natural is to winch/squint.
  • The point of light in his pupil doesn't move in relation to his head movement. In fact it's static within the pupil at all times.
  • The shadows around the bandages on the right of the image are not consistent with the head movement

New interview link, other one got Viacom'ed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRpbxBDA1-Q

Geoff Keighley is obviously real, but there are many oddities about Mogren during the interview.

Face rendered by the Fox Engine:

Wild and crazy speculation of course, but if this is true, this interview was one hell of a ruse.

Just started a poll.

Go to http://www.vot.rs/949279 to vote.
Go to https://www.mentimeter.com/public/58e2a49fa361 for the results.

Voting for TeamCG and Team Real. Cast your vote, and let Kojima be with you.

QiBRRhl.png
31QwmH4.png

tumblr_lubofiO4PZ1qhwlteo1_500.gif

tumblr_lvaxrz1eQX1r05n56o1_500.gif

Created by toddhunter.:
joakim_mind_blowny7zqt.gif

Takao

Banned
Threads like these are why Kojima does what he does. Some where a Konami employee is reading this, and laughing.

The carnival of stupid is back in town baby.

Bricky

If so, graphics have fooled me to the point where I thought they were real, which would be a big 'holy shit' moment.

BosSin

I'm still on the fence with this one, there are some oddities with the video but the guy himself looks too real.

Dawg

I'm going to put my previous reply here.

Sure, they covered most of his head up... But the mouth and the eyes are always a very difficult part to cover up with cg and there are details in his face that cg would easily miss.

Look at this bigger image for example. There's a lot of details in his face that cg would miss. The small red dot under his lips for example. And the cracks in his lips because they're dry.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm just mind blown we can even think something like that. Kojima is doing his job, it seems. :lol

Definitely not CG, although the end of the video is slightly strange.

I think the awkwardness comes from the dodgy accent and general behavior.

Makai

Sure, they covered most of his head up... But the mouth and the eyes are always a very difficult part to cover up with cg and there are details in his face that cg would easily miss.

Look at this bigger image for example. There's a lot of details in his face that cg would miss. The small red dot under his lips for example. And the cracks in his lips because they're dry.
Have you seen this?
http://vimeo.com/36048029

Runs on lowend laptops and you can see his pores.

Hilarious. This is getting crazier (I don't believe this is true at all), even if it's not the case I love that the speculation has gone to such an insane place.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Haha, this is hilarious. I kind of hope it's true just because of how amazing it would be.

I dunno, the guy seems to just act like a bit of a weirdo and I don't really see anything that looks CG. I guess that might explain why they would cover the hair, though.

Related, but kind of not on-topic. Look very closely at the laptop in the picture Kojima's just tweeted.

BFXtUpDCQAEed9b.jpg:large

That sure looks like Keighey's picture from about 12 hours ago, doesn't it (at least the top half does anyways)?

Santar

People are going waaay overboard here, he's real just look at how he moves and emotes, cgi's never been able to create anything like that yet.

MormaPope

Banned
A pic from Geoff posted today

Notice what looks a mic dangling from his shirt? Notice how the mic has been moved out of frame during the interview or how it's not even there anymore. Also Kojima has been putting out comparison pics of Fox Engine vs. real life, and Geoff posted that pic the same day as the interview.

DrBo42

Related, but kind of not on-topic. Look very closely at the laptop in the picture Kojima's just tweeted.

BFXtUpDCQAEed9b.jpg:large

That sure looks like Keighey's picture from about 12 hours ago, doesn't it (at least the top half does anyways)?

Good eye, I believe you're correct. Doesn't really mean anything though.

Notice what looks a mic dangling from his shirt? Notice how the mic has been moved out of frame during the interview or how it's not even there anymore. Also Kojima has been putting out comparison pics of Fox Engine vs. real life, and Geoff posted that pic the same day as the interview.

It is there in the interview, they just don't have it in frame for most of it. I definitely saw it at one point though.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap

dude, you're so behind it. such details are easily done in Zbrush.

Kariodude

Banned
Any oddity with the way he looks is because he's in front of a green screen. People always look a little off when there's a green screen behind them.

the mark

Have you seen this?
http://vimeo.com/36048029

Runs on lowend laptops and you can see his pores.

Oh god the music....seems to be the most epic head in the history of heads.
Looks great but the face isn't animated and the eyes are closed.
That's where it would be extremely difficult to trick the human eye.

Never ever is Mogren CG.
It's a nice idea but he's to human...more than any CGI used in movies.
How should that be possible?

Makai

You can see it in the last scene.

Top Bottom