• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eternal Sonata / Trusty Bell PS3 & 360 comparison screencaps (56k go away)

rykomatsu

Linked from: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/yoda-dip-jp/searchdiary?of=1&word=*[Game Compare]

Top image = 360 version, Black level set to intermediate
Bottom image = PS3 version, RGB set to Full Range RGB
Both are HDMI output

TrustyBell_07_360.png

TrustyBell_07_PS3.png

TrustyBell_11_360.png

TrustyBell_11_PS3.png

Might be because of the lighting, but it feels like the AA is better on the ps3 version or at the very least, a softening filter might be used. Color difference might be due to output differences between the 360 and PS3 and can probably be corrected with color calibration of the monitor/tv being used or changing the 360 to extended black levels, though the 360 version does look slightly washed out.

Other than that, appear to be more or less the same...then again, I don't discern visual changes well sometimes.

odd lighting in the PS3 version for this screen, though
TrustyBell_17_360.png

TrustyBell_17_PS3-1.png

Cheers

Hunahan

Banned
Loading up a couple gigs of screens for that simple of a conclusion is utterly redundant.

They look exactly the same.

Cut the OP down to two screenshots tops, imo. Link the rest.

Can somebody zoom in 300x on a flower in the background to determine which is superior even though i already bought the 360 version a couple months ago and have no interest in rebuying the game.

Seriously? This nitpicky on this similar of rendering?

But honestly, the three things that stick out: lighting on the indoor shots on the ps3 seems missing, specifically from the candles; water specularity on the bridge shot is missing on the ps3; and the last one with the really funky light triangle that didn't blend properly. Other than that, the other differences in color/softness seem more dependent on the video settings than anything.

duckroll

The pics all look the same, wtf. For those that care about actual differences...... it takes like 2 seconds to save in the 360 version, and like 20 seconds in the PS3 version. Lolz.

Edit: You have 10 mins to rehost/remove all those pics, or I close this thread. Stop hotlinking huge pics from someone else's host.

iceatcs

last part is only difference but it look like on purpose because the different ground texture.

Technical - none of different. Good port in visual! I hope they will able do with TOV as well.

Rpgmonkey

At least it was pretty much the exact same visually.

Decent port overall then I'd say. :p

And I'll agree with the others about the number of pics being overkill. :(

rykomatsu

duckroll said:
The pics all look the same, wtf. For those that care about actual differences...... it takes like 2 seconds to save in the 360 version, and like 20 seconds in the PS3 version. Lolz.

Edit: You have 10 mins to rehost/remove all those pics, or I close this thread. Stop hotlinking huge pics from someone else's host.

says go ahead and link from that host on the webpage

NolbertoS

Cut down on the pics. and honestly same pics on both versions. I might just trade in my Eternal Sonata 360 version for the PS3 one, only cuz the PS3 version has extra goodies.

Banned
Do we really need this system wars BS?

Anyone that wants the game will have either bought it a year ago, or will be waiting for the PS3 one.

And while it looks quite nice in places, it's really not that good a game at all. (finished it on 360 recently, shouldn't have bothered)

thuway

duk said:
sup with the horrible lighting in the ps3 version?
Are you fucking serious?

On topic:

Can someone find out if they managed to fix the abortion of a story in the 360 version? I think just about everyone here wants to know about the dialogue changes, multiple endings, etc.

duk

Banned
thuway said:
Are you serious?

On topic:

Can someone find out if they managed to fix the abortion of a story in the 360 version? I think just about everyone here wants to know about the dialogue changes, multiple endings, etc.

its not that big of a deal but look at that last pic... again small crap... who cares

Diablos

Three notable differences so far:

-In the first screen in the OP, the leaf texture on the plants in the center looks sharper in the 360 version.

-In the third screen in the OP, the PS3 version is missing the little plant on the right side of the screen where the light is coming out. It looks better.

-In antipode's post the lighting definitely seems off for the PS3 version. I wonder why?

So far they look pretty much identical, but the lighting issue is really strange; I wonder if it's a weird isolated thing or throughout the game. If it's a problem through the whole game, that isn't good.

Oh well, not like ES is a game I have a lot of respect for anyway :p

edit: You know, especially in the first pic, ALL of the textures look sharper/more detailed for 360.

Darkpen

Banned
what's up with the lighting in that last pic? Also, it just looks like they have more AA effects in the PS3 version, or perhaps depth of field?

Diablos

Dante said:
I can't believe they are charging full price for this :/
Yep. I regret spending $60 on it myself; thankfully I got Dead Rising along with it as my first 360 games.

Eternal Sonata really isn't worth anything more than $30, and even that's pushing it... I paid full price unfortunately.

better aa is not present in these screens.

why in the hell is the foliage missing from the tunnel in that last pic? and what's up with the lighting?

edit: why do i even care? this game blows in every department other then graphics (which are good or just decent depending on your taste anyway).

Crisis

Banned
I can't see a damn bit of difference. Like at all. However I can't believe Namco is charging $60 for this. $39.99 would have been the right price over a year later.

icecream

Public Health Threat
So the point of this thread is that they're no different graphically. Got it.

The more important thing is whether or not the extra content makes the game bearable. That is the selling factor.

Looks basically identical aside from a few minor tweak. And considering the PS3 version has additional content, it's a pretty good port I would say.

mintylurb

It looks like the ps3 version has some softening/blur filter. Btw, didn't this guy do those Ridge Racer 6/7 and Armored core 4 comparisons?

Ed: oh, duckyrori is here. Time to bail out!!

Top Bottom