• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur Legends (Wii) Famitsu scan

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Is this the game for the Wii?If so then i might have to start standing in line outside of best buy on sunday morning for a Wii.

AniHawk

neojubei said:
Is this the game for the Wii?If so then i might have to start standing in line outside of best buy on sunday morning for a Wii.

Sarcasm, right? This game looks like shit.

Busty

Banned
Looks OK.

I'm sure about fighting Mummys (plural?) in a Pyramid but looks interesting all the same.

AniHawk

Blablurn said:
omg -_- it looks so boring. imo soul calubur is not the right series for an adventure.

Fighting games have never translated into action or adventure well.

Death By Degrees (Tekken), Mortal Kombat: Shoalin Monks, Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero, & Mortal Kombat Special Forces, Virtua Fighter Quest. Now this piece of shit. The only reason it's getting attention is because it's a formerly big name franchise on the Wii (same deal with RE:UC).

Too much hate in this thread. We don't know anything about this game and no one's played it yet. Plus these screens don't look bad anyway.

AniHawk said:

Death By Degrees (Tekken), Mortal Kombat: Shoalin Monks & Mortal Kombat Special Forces(?), Virtua Fighter Quest. Now this piece of shit. The only reason it's getting attention is because it's a formerly big name franchise on the Wii (same deal with RE:UC).

Thank you.

Bildi

I'm not quite sure why you guys don't think it looks any good - I think it looks pretty nice. At least in those tiny screens.

As to whether it will be a good game is another question entirely...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I don't know how you guys can tell anything one way or the other on this one...that said, the odds are very high this is going to suck.

AniHawk

Alkaliine said:
Too much hate in this thread. We don't know anything about this game and no one's played it yet. Plus these screens don't look bad anyway.

It might look halfway decent if it didn't remind me of every soulless (no pun intended), uninspired action or adventure game that came out during the PSX and early PS2 era. Brown rooms. Gray cloned enemies. Yeah, it looks ****ing awesome.

Alkaliine said:
After SCII on the GC? These are terrible.

Soulless indeed.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Like salt in the Nintendo fan's wound.

The NPD and MC cannons are loaded and will be fired on Thursday in retaliation. Again.

onesvenus

I don't think it looks that bad, obviously it's not a PS3 o X360 game, but it's on par with sc2 on the gc, and that is enough for me.
Maybe the people should start to look at the Wii games as last-gen games in terms of graphics and not expect ps3/x360 graphics level in SD.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oops, well I'd better help this thread with a crappy animated .gif;

neo.gif

Drek

AniHawk said:

Death By Degrees (Tekken), Mortal Kombat: Shoalin Monks, Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero, & Mortal Kombat Special Forces, Virtua Fighter Quest. Now this piece of shit. The only reason it's getting attention is because it's a formerly big name franchise on the Wii (same deal with RE:UC).
Shaolin Monks was fun man. Don't be hatin'.

This looks very bland, but hopefully it means they keep the action/adventure mini-games separated from the main SC games from now on. It could be good though, who knows.

NeonZ

This is supposed to happen between Soul Blade and Soul Calibur, right? So no Talim and Raphael...

They could at least have released a spin off for the part of the series that actually was playable in a Nintendo system.

I can't imagine why anyone would be jaded about this promising-looking action game spinoff of a fighting series done by the team behind Death By Degrees, one of the finest action game spinoffs of a fighting series we've ever been privy to.

Alkaliine said:
You think the visuals look bad? For a Wii game, the textures are actually quite good.

This is a "almost" static game right? So you can invest a lot of memory in textures and characters, because you have not to move a lot. Like Smash Bros. Brawl.
Mario Galaxy has 10x better textures then this game and it is NOT a static game. How do you explain this ?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it actually looks pretty nice, though there are of course many reasons to doubt its quality. its visual similarity to ninja gaiden or dmc is kind of promising -- i was expecting dq swords with old sc assets.

Top Bottom