• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct - Today! Right Now! [cvxfreak summary Post #85]

boiled goose

good with gravy
Same. Imagine if Apple released a new iPod and it wouldn't play any of your old songs. Nintendo is selling the hardware and the software. I expect the digital Nintendo software that Nintendo sells me to work on all Nintendo hardware I purchase. I can wait.

till nintendo figure their stuff out i will wait.
no $ from me...

There is a reason why digital content can be transferred forever.
YOU CANT RESELL IT.

ASIS

good to know miiverse can have different news feeds

can't wait to have a gaf only feed !!!

That reminds me, what happened to the communities introduced in MK7? Seemed like such a good idea back then. Communities with Miiverse may just be enough for me to be interested in online play, even if a bit.

I'm hoping they average around 10-15 GB. A 500GB HDD puts me around 30-50 games. By that time, I usually am ok with Refrigerator maintenance. I usually don't have a need to play that many games. Unless they have some 1TB drives around $50-60. That's what I'm seeing a lot of the 500GB go for. Maybe I should wait another week and see what I can get on black friday.

1TB is 69 dollars and 2 Tb is 89 dollars at Frys. They're externally powered and manufactured by Toshiba

Pociask

But the games do work. Just go to the Wii mode and they'll all be there.

Is Apple giving remastered songs for free?

Obviously we have different versions of work. "Plays all your old songs, but with none of the new features advertised on our new hardware, and with the very real possibility it will be impossible to carry them over another generation" doesn't hit it for me.

By the way, how do I play all the NES and SNES games I bought on the Wii VC on a 3DS?

Medalion

Banned
Fat32 is the most common

But it has never been confirmed as such

Anyone that tried this with the Wii, I think they said they used FAT32

Terrell

There are LOTS of file system directories with 2TB limits. ext3 being the first to come to mind.
If Nintendo were dead set on preventing piracy, a rarely-used variant combined with other measures could make the difference.

squall23

But the biggest megaton of all!
ygWVv.png

Behold the future. We can digitally download food and drink through the Wii U's eShop!
Soon I'll finally be able to defy the anti-piracy promos during movies and actually download a car!

AzaK

Just watching that Nintendo direct and noticed they are using base 10 in their marketting. So my 32GB is not 32 GB...and that's before formatting. I really hate that sort of thing..

rpmurphy

Doesn't matter. Like the 3DS everything will be referenced by incomprehensible GUIDs linked to an encrypted database of title info. You would have no way to know what you are managing.

I'm assuming he'd want to backup the files, so that should be possible.
It's about being able to re-purpose the external HDD if you decide to no longer want to use it for the Wii U. If there's no way to manage the files with a PC, the only options here are to wipe it clean and lose everything or transfer it to another external HDD that is formatted for the Wii U. The former is a terrible option and the latter has no point.

AzaK

Well, technically they are using the correct symbol. "Your" GB is actually a GiB, or Gibibyte. More information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibibyte

Yes but the established norm since almost the dawn of computers has been base 2. It just confuses the issue. DVD's generally still use base 2. When companies list their games they likely list them in base 2. When you get a directory of a filesystem it's base 2.

Anyway, no major, just annoying.

netBuff

When you get a directory of a filesystem it's base 2.

Not really important, but maybe interesting: That's no longer necessarily true, Apple changed the way they display available/used storage to base 10 with Snow Leopard. And many Linux desktop environments use correct prefixes for base 2 units.

Top Bottom