• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Disapproval stands for "We Don't Need No Education". But at least it's not "Teenage Wasteland". :p

But people in general aren't adventurous enough with music, in my opinion. ....Actually people aren't adventurous enough period, but outside of music I'm not really one to talk. :x

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I do consider myself open to all types of music but I've absolutely abhorred the few They Might Be Giants songs I've ever heard. If someone wants to post one that might convert me I'd gladly hear it though.

Hop

I do consider myself open to all types of music but I've absolutely abhorred the few They Might Be Giants songs I've ever heard. If someone wants to post one that might convert me I'd gladly hear it though.

Do you know which ones you've heard and hated? Their career's been sufficiently all over the place that (unless you just abhor their voices) there's bound to be a few you can stand, but no sense suggesting something just like what you hated.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Do you know which ones you've heard and hated? Their career's been sufficiently all over the place that (unless you just abhor their voices) there's bound to be a few you can stand, but no sense suggesting something just like what you hated.

Honestly the only ones I've probably heard were the Malcolm In The Middle theme song and any others that have been used as theme songs or in cartoons. I feel like there's been a few. I was sufficiently turned off by those to never bother seeking out anything else. I definitely understand this is not a good way to judge a band's work, which is why I'm open to hearing more.

Hop

Honestly the only ones I've probably heard were the Malcolm In The Middle theme song and any others that have been used as theme songs or in cartoons. I feel like there's been a few. I was sufficiently turned off by those to never bother seeking out anything else. I definitely understand this is not a good way to judge a band's work, which is why I'm open to hearing more.

They haven't really done a lot of themes, comparatively speaking, but I guess you're referring to their Tiny Toons shorts as well (Istanbul, Particle Man).

You probably won't like their earlier material (it's them at their quirkiest), but as far as that goes, Ana Ng is probably the most "normal" song. Not as weird vocals or instrumentation.
So we can jump right to their latest album, and you have Canajoharie as another good-but-normal alt. rock track.
Cloisonne is more on their "pleasantly creepy" side, which they like to do a lot of but can obviously be off-putting.
Pet Name is the closest thing they have to a ballad. (I don't know if the bad quality is the video or just me.)
Boss of Me was one of their one-off genre experiments, they do a lot of those. Man, It's So Loud in Here is their one dance track, which is best if taken as a parody rather than an earnest effort.

Of course the big problem here is, I'm a fan, so I know what I like of theirs, but it's probably not what you'll like, so my recommendations could end up being total shit.

jgkspsx

Disapproval stands for "We Don't Need No Education". But at least it's not "Teenage Wasteland". :p
But there's a song on Lifehouse Elements called "Teenage Wasteland", and it has advantages over the final studio track. For one thing, the fiddle that gave the final track its name is pointless in a Rock Band song.

I'd imagined it would've been something like-
Stairway to Heaven
Paranoid Android
Welcome to the Jungle
Mysterious Ways
Hotel California
Rocking in the Free World
We Don't Need No Education
Satisfaction
Born To Run
Tiny Dancer
:lol The funny thing is, given what "won", I bet most of the people would put that in as the song title.

Hop

Aside from Anarchy Club, I'd like to direct attention to Ultra Vomit's French punk song about ducks. You quack at the end. I'm not making this shit up.

This week in RBN for XBox:

Indie Rock
Richard Snow - "Lonesome Cowboy" (160 MSP)

Metal
A Plea for Purging - "Heart Of A Child" (80 MSP) (2x)
Anarchy Club - "King of Everything" (80 MSP)
Chaotrope - "The Thief in the Night - Part II" (80 MSP)
Engel - "Calling Out" (160 MSP)
Halcyon Way - "Rise to Revise" (80 MSP) (2x)
Machinae Supremacy - "Rocket Dragon" (160 MSP)
Mystic Syntax - "Give" (80 MSP)
Raggedy Angry - "Easter Island Radiation" (80 MSP)
Strikken - "Machine" (80 MSP) (2x)

Prog
Rishloo - "Weevil Bride" (80 MSP)

Punk
SIMPL3JACK - "Song for Meg" (80 MSP)
Ultra Vomit - "Je Collectionne des Canards (Vivants)" (160 MSP)

Rock
Look Left - "Put Out the Fire" (80 MSP)
Trucker Diablo - "Drink Beer, Destroy" (160 MSP)

Coming to PS3 next week:

Jonathan Coulton ft. Sara Quin - "Still Alive" ($1.99) - Rock
Powerman 5000 - "V is for Vampire" ($1.99) - Nu-Metal
Solution .45 - "Lethean Tears" ($0.99) - Prog
Bankai - "The Epic, Part 3.7 (RBN Remix)" ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic
After the Burial - "My Frailty" ($1.99) - Metal

Hop

And, Megadeth is back.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (February 21st, 2012):

• Megadeth - "Symphony of Destruction" X
• Megadeth - "À Tout le Monde"
• Megadeth - "Public Enemy No. 1"

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 22nd)

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Rapstah

Symphony and Public Enemy were expected. I can't see the latter being very fun on anything except guitar though, and hardly that compared to the two albums we have.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Eh Megadeth....

I'd be more excited if we were lacking Megadeth, but eh. I don't think I'm going to buy this pack...

vid

I don't even really know where to post this anymore since the Rock Band thread is dead...

Is anyone interested in setting up a full group run through of Abbey Road? I know this is two years LTTP, but I still love me some The Beatles: Rock Band.

I don't even really know where to post this anymore since the Rock Band thread is dead...

Is anyone interested in setting up a full group run through of Abbey Road? I know this is two years LTTP, but I still love me some The Beatles: Rock Band.

If I had Live Gold, I would jump in in a heartbeat.

Hop

The game gets its first Latin genre track today, as well as a punk song turned instrumental because the lyrics were apparently too violent.

Latin
Leche de Tigre - "Desconocido" (80 MSP)

Metal
Anarchy Club - "Built to Grind" (160 MSP)
Forbidden - "Omega Wave" (160 MSP)
Strikken - "Ashes" (80 MSP) 2x

Pop/Dance/Electronic
EA - "Calling to Dance" (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Maríafer - "Por Nada" (80 MSP)

Punk
The Duel - "What Do You Do When the Money Runs Out" (160 MSP)
Spassm - "Ghost of Fallen Pluto (Instrumental)" (80 MSP)

Reggae/Ska
MC Lars feat. MC Bat Commander and Suburban Legends - "This Gigantic Robot Kills" (160 MSP)

Rock
Jerry Naylor - "Not Fade Away" (160 MSP)
Valor & Vengeance - "Over & Over" (160 MSP)

Coming to PS3 next week:

Otep - "Fists Fall" ($1.99) - Metal
Psychostick - "BEER!!" ($1.99) - Metal
dB soundworks - "Can 'o Salt (Remix)" ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic
Rishloo - "Diamond Eyes" ($0.99) - Prog
Drugstore Fanatics - "Bullet" ($0.99) - Alternative

HUEY LEWIS!

Rock Band said:
DLC Week of 2/28 - Huey Lewis & The News 3 Pack! Keys on all tracks!
Hey gang,

With nearly 20 top-ten singles under their belt, San Francisco-based rock & rollers Huey Lewis and the News’ remarkable career has spanned more than 30 years. The band made their Rock Band debut with “The Power of Love” on the Rock Band 3 disc, and now three more of the group’s hits are headed to the Music Store on February 28th.

“Do You Believe in Love,” from 1982’s Picture This, and the band’s first top ten hit, kicks off the three pack. “The Heart of Rock & Roll” and “I Want a New Drug” – both from their platinum-selling third record, 1983’s Sports – round out this collection of chart-topping hits. All songs will feature support for keyboards, with a Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade available for “I Want a New Drug.”

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (February 28th, 2012):

* Huey Lewis and the News – “Do You Believe in Love” O
* Huey Lewis and the News – “The Heart of Rock & Roll” O
* Huey Lewis and the News – “I Want a New Drug” X O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 29th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Huey Lewis and the News Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Solid choices for the pack. Too bad we didn't get Hip to be Square though.

Hop

Beat me to it, ya bastard :p

No real surprises all around, nice to have an all-keys week though.

4Er7A.gif

Xusder

Unconfirmed Member
Not what I wanted (I have my choice picks), but any Huey is good enough for me.

Hell, this pack is going to be awesome next week. Already just recently bought the points in anticipation!

bananas

Banned
Reggae/Ska
MC Lars feat. MC Bat Commander and Suburban Legends - "This Gigantic Robot Kills" (160 MSP)
Awesome. Hopefully this leads to actual Aquabats content being released. Hopefully with the Super Show launching on March 3rd, it becomes relevant enough for someone to release songs on RBN.

jgkspsx

I would not buy most Huey Lewis, but I will buy I Want a New Drug.

EDIT: Just watched the video again, and... I guess the only thing I like about it is the similarity with Ghostbusters, whose lyrics at least had soul. No buy.

Now if only they'd release some of those songs that the News cut with some computer programmer nerd with funny glasses and red shoes...

Hop

Pretty light week this time around, but on the upside it's all pretty good material. And strangely, PS3 gets more metal than XBox!

Metal
The Faceless - "XenoChrist" (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Swound! - "In My Head" (80 MSP)

Prog
Gatling - "Absolute" (80 MSP)

Reggae/Ska
Sunny Side Up - "Corporate Control" (80 MSP)

Rock
Jerry Naylor - "Mystery Train" (160 MSP)
The Trews - "Hope & Ruin" (80 MSP)

Coming to PS3 next week:

Devin Townsend - "Hyperdrive" ($1.99) - Metal
Amberian Dawn - "Blackbird" ($1.99) - Metal
Alestorm - "Shipwrecked" ($1.99) - Metal
Lemon Demon - "BRODYQUEST" ($1.99) - Novelty
Wrong Side of Dawn - "The Grinder's Tale" ($0.99) - Alternative

Hop

And Harmonix totally copies our "random mix of singles" idea.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (March 6th, 2012):

* Everclear – “Santa Monica” X
* Good Charlotte – “The Anthem”
* Mastodon – “Curl of the Burl”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 7th)

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Ridley327

Leave it to Harmonix to find a way to make Good Charlotte look like one of the better choices this week.

There has never been a point in history where Everclear hasn't been the absolute dregs of alt-rock.

zulux21

It's nice to see some Good Charlotte on there, given we only have boys and girls, but I think I would have preferred something more like The River or Misery. I also might have to pick up The Grinder's Tale - Wrong Side of Dawn as the keys look like fun.

Hop

It's nice to see some Good Charlotte on there, given we only have boys and girls, but I think I would have preferred something more like The River or Misery. I also might have to pick up The Grinder's Tale - Wrong Side of Dawn as the keys look like fun.

That track was a bit of a surprise for me, in review it seemed like just another hardcore-masquerading-as-alternative track between the artwork and the tiering but it's actually decent.

(Also I really hope the next SNMT song gets its pass this weekend. That, with Giraffes? Giraffes!, will make a hilarious dichotomy.)

Hop

Making up for last week's light releases with a healthy batch of songs, some of which are utterly ridiculous (and I'm sure you can tell which ones those are). For PS3, it's a country kind of week.

Indie Rock
Giraffes? Giraffes! - "I am S/H(im)e[r] as You am S/H(im)e[r] as You are Me and We am I and I are All Our Together" (80 MSP)
Mind the Gap - "Twitter Twatter" (80 MSP)

Metal
A Lie to Live By - "We Actually Do This Thing Where We Drop the First String" (80 MSP)
Alestorm - "Back Through Time" (160 MSP)
Anarchy Club - "Rise and Shine" (80 MSP)
Brutal Assault - "No War" (160 MSP)
Claire St. Link - "The Panic Range" (80 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "Color Your World" (160 MSP) 2x
Devin Townsend - "The Greys" (160 MSP)
Engel - "Sense the Fire" (160 MSP) 2x
Forbidden - "Omega Wave" (160 MSP) 2x
Gnostic - "Visceral" (160 MSP) 2x
Lucy Seven - "Liberation" (160 MSP)
Strikken - "Forever in Lies" (80 MSP)
The Faceless - "XenoChrist" (160 MSP) 2x

Pop-Rock
Dance for the Dying - "Kitty Fight Song" (80 MSP)

Punk
Left Spine Down - "Welcome to the Future" (80 MSP)

R&B/Soul/Funk
Rachel Lynn Sebastian and DJ Jounce - "I Gotchu Babe" (160 MSP)

Rock
Roman Klun - "Stairs on the Hill" (160 MSP)
Rosemary's Garden - "The Jack" (160 MSP)

Coming to PS3 next week:

Pythia - "Heartless" ($1.99) - Metal
Quartered - "Eternity Below" ($0.99) - Rock
Jaron and the Long Road to Love - "Pray For You" ($1.99) - Country
Big Kenny - "Happy People" ($0.99) - Country
Kylie D. Hart - "Leave Me Be" ($0.99) - Country

Top Bottom