• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
qu1n5.png

Looks like the ENGLISH PATCH IS OUT!

Warning:
This is still against the ToS. While it's very unlikely you'll get banned for using it, it's still possible.
Thanks to Killthee for the heads up.

WEEKLY MAINTENANCE:
Wednesdays at 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST
Tuesdays at 9:00 PM ~ 3:00 AM Eastern
Other Time Zones

Emergency Quest Twitter Bot
Again, thanks to Killthee for the information.

Jn24o.png

Phantasy Star Online 2 is an online action-rpg, with structure similar to games like Monster Hunter and Vindictus. You select quests and get character specific tasks called Client Orders while on the ship acting as the game hub and then group together with up to 3 other players to play the game. Combat wise, the game varies greatly between the three classes available. Going from hack and slash style combat for the Hunter to Lost Planet style third person shooter combat for the Ranger. The game itself is free to play, but not pay to win - there are no weapons for sale and all you can get for real money are exp/drop/money boosters, cosmetic items and various services.

Genre: Online RPG
Developer & Publisher: Sega
Pricing: PSO2 is free to play but has various paid premium services.
Release: 4th of July 2012 (Japan), Early 2013 (West)
Platforms: PC, Mac (with Bootcamp), Vita (Spring 2013 release), iOS (Simplified version, Winter 2012 release)
Official site: Link

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • OS: Windows XP 32bit | Windows Vista or Windows 7 32bit or 64bit
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or above
  • RAM: Windows XP:1.5GB+ | Vista or Windows 7:2GB+
  • HDD: 8GB or more
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT or similar or higher
  • Direct X: Direct X 9.0c or higher

KL7RZ.png

Registration and a much appreciated registration guide.
Link. If you plan on playing, download the client ASAP as updating can take quite a long time (few hours).

yStsv.jpg

0M7jl.png

- Real time action combat utilizing a unique, customizable combo system;
- Parties up to 4 people/Player + 3 NPCs;
- You can invite your in-game friend's character to the party as an NPC even if they're not online.;
- Interrupt Events are randomly generated side-quests that can appear at anytime, and anywhere outside of boss areas. Interrupt events are presented in an easy-to-understand way using voiced text that appears over the screen consisting of: "ATTACK", "DEFEND", PROTECT", "COLLECT", and etc.;
- Quest performance grading;
- My Room, which can be decorated and expanded. This gives you an area to invite over friends and team mates with surprisingly robust customization (Cisce's My Room album);
- The ability to switch classes for free while in the Lobby;
- Class-specific skill trees;
- Hard mode available for quests;
- Story, which can be progressed through the "Matter Board" feature after meeting certain conditions;
- You can break specific parts on the enemy's body;

DQggS.jpg

mti3t.png

FULL PAID CONTENT LIST
All the paid content is bought using a currency called Arks Cash (AC). 1 AC = 1 yen.
PREMIUM PASS PRICING
  • 30 Days = 1300 AC
  • 60 Days = 2500AC
  • 90 Days = 3600AC

CONTENTS
  • My Room
  • Selling items using My Shop (buying is free for everyone)
  • Premium Storage (300 slots)
  • Item Trading (both players need to have premium activated to trade item)
  • FUN Points Boost
  • Access to premium blocks

jAwol.jpg

VY6ti.png

- No IP block of any kind was present during the previous tests;
- It is possible to buy AC using a non-Japanese credit card, details can be found in the "Guides" section of this post (Keep in mind, that entering false information might get you banned, so do it at your own risk);
- Open beta characters were transfered to the "retail" version of the game;
- Ship 02 is the "official" server for the non-Japanese players;
- The game is almost completely in Japanese but an unofficial English patch was released during the previous tests and a new version should be around this time too;
- There hasn't been any announcement of the game releasing in the US/Europe;
- If you took part in any of the previous tests you're all set and don't have to register anywhere;

CAMPAIGNS
- Registering for PSO2 before 11PM JST on 11st of July will net you a Rappy doll My House Item;
- Reaching level 10 before 11AM JST on 18th of July will net you 4 Grinders and 2 Synthetizers;
- Buying at least 2000 AC before 11AM JST on 18th of July will net you 2 +50% rare drop rate 30 minute buffs;
- Buying at least 1000 AC with WebMoney until 1st of August will give you a chance to win 10000 Web Money points. 100 winners will be selected;

oqIzw.png

There are three races in the game, each with their weakness and strenghts (Human's main weakness is being boring) but they all have access to the same classes.

Human
7a5mD.jpg

Usual, boring, well-balanced human race. They fit for all three classes available.

Newman
LdQa3.jpg

Physically weak elf-like race of photon (magic) users.

Cast
OyxIY.jpg

Robot-like man-made race with artificial bodies. They excel in Ability, HP and to a degree in Striking and Ranged Strength. (Thanks to SuperAngelo64 for the correction)
Brand new to PSO2 is the inclusion of FOcast which allows Cast's to finally play as Force characters, a first for the series.

UBASn.png

All 3 classes are available for all the races. Switching between classes is possible while in the Arks Lobby and is free. Each of the jobs comes with it's own skill tree which can be advanced at the rate of 1 point per level. All class skills are learned through skill discs and can only be set to certain weapons (excluding the Force class).

Hunter
kpJrb.jpg

Close combat warriors who can equip swords, wired lances (blades on wires allowing to throw enemies around), partisans etc. This gives brand new playing styles for every single weapon type, making the game feel as fresh as possible.
Their "dodge move" is a side step. Allowing players to quickly dodge and avoid enemy attacks at will. This combined with Guard is one of your most important assets during boss battles.

Ranger
bmYNN.jpg

A ranged class which can enter an over the shoulder aiming mode for better accuracy and breaking specific parts of enemies' bodies.
Rangers have access to three main different types of ranged weapons including: Rifle, Launcher and Gunslash. Gunslash is a unique weapon available for all classes that combine together a ranged weapon with a sword that can be swapped at will.

Force
e9BXQ.jpg

A powerful magic class using devastating techniques on enemies along with the ability to heal allies.
Forces have a wide range of magic abilities, covering all of the elements in the game along with specific moves tailored to certain styles of play (AOE attacks for example)

Cn9lZ.png

- MAGs: are raisable pets that follow you in battle and provide usefull assistance such as passive stat boosts, support fire, and healing. Mags will charge up 'Photons' during combat. When the Mags have reached their Photon capacity, Mags can invoke powerful, single-use abilities:
leQT6.jpg

p5yHi.png

- You can level up your character to Level 40.
- Mag gets second evolution on level 100.
- Frozen Thundra Area
- Time attack mode
- Story chapters 2-4 added
- New costumes and hairstyles
- New weapons (not weapon types) and armors

oHcpu.jpg

kGuRt.png

The list of planned until Spring 2013 is as follows:

Mid-July
Field Update
  • New "Mines" area, with new boss and stuff (details here)
  • New drops
  • New Client Orders
  • New interrupt events
Fashion update
  • New costumes, parts
  • New hairstyles
  • New accessories
  • New voices
  • New lobby actions

Mid-summer mid-scale update - "Soaring Crystal Dragons" (Working title)
Field update
  • New field
  • New enemies
  • New boss
  • New interrupt events
  • New emergency quest
Story update
  • New story quest
Fashion update
Implementation of an Event Lobby

Early autumn large-scale update
Class/Weapon update
  • 3 new classes
  • 5 new weapon categories
  • New Photon Arts and Techniques
  • Very Hard Mode
  • Class level cap rise up to 50
  • Introduction of rare enemies and bosses
  • New interrupt events
  • New emergency quest
Story update
  • New story quest

Mid-autumn mid-scale update
Field update
  • New field
  • New enemies
  • New boss
  • New interrupt event
Story update
  • New story quest
Introduction of a new system (details unknown)
Fashion update

Early winter Smartphone update
  • Release of the PSO2 iOS version

Mid-winter large-scale update "Where darkness gathers" (working title)
Field update
  • New boss
  • New field
Introduction of a new system
Fashion update

Early Spring 2013 update
Release of the PSO2 PS Vita version

TMZqi.png

- Registration guide
- Client Orders
- AC purchasing guide (from anywhere)
- MAGs
- Closed Beta mini guide
- Controls
- Guides covering basically all aspects of the game
- Guide section of the PSOW forum, pretty awesome
- Skill calculator
- Translation of the window that appears after selecting a quest (thanks Jubern)
- Whispering to anyone through the visionphone
- What to do when invited to a Team, plus the team chat mode (by Blueblur2)
- Interface translations (thanks Skyfireblaze)
- Wiki containing loot tables etc. In Japanese only

nTPFa.png

NeoGAF team was created on Ship 2. If you want in, get in touch with (Character name - Player name)
Twentytwo - Twentytwo
ハセモ - Keii
skyy
djplaeskool
ノエル - Netto-kun
Guide how to whisper to anyone and a guide what to do when invited to the team can be found in the Guide section above.
You talk to the team by pressing "O" or selecting the 3rd option in the chat window - 3.チーム.

GAF PLAYERS:
List format is GAF name - Character name - Player name. All are on Ship 2 unless stated otherwise.
Cisce - Cisce
Keiician - ハセモ - Keii
twentytwo22 - Twentytwo - Twentytwo
Gloam - Gloam
Kyudo- Kyudo
Mastamind - Mastamind
Soulstar - Violet - Soulstar
hutna - LlamaCASEAL
Netto-kun - ノエル
Thoraxes - Elynara
Mistle- Mistle
N.A - Kida
Kandinsky - Kandinsky
Smashkirby - Anitaki
kiryogi - きょり
Raide - Raide
br0ken_shad0w - Aegea
expel - Expel
Skyfireblaze - Chiyana
DeadPhoenix - Iggins
InfiniteNine - マイナ
dr. apocalipsis - dr. apocalipsis
djplaeskool - KoSynne
froliq - froliq
Spazznid - Magikarp
RyougaSaotome - リエラ_サオトメ
B00TE - Beet
Cmagus - Eight Corova
ToastyBanana - Mr Pewpewpew
desa - Desade
Sephon - Sephon
Kokonoe - Kokonoe
Wario64 - Wario64
Arpeggio23 - Arpeggio
wsoxfan1214 - wsoxfan1214
VariantX - VariantX
Mr Nash - Justaway
Alboreo - Albireo
glaringradio - Zektbach
Ainaurdur - Naur
Shouta - Zena
Cheesecakebobby - へたれ チーズケーキ
Hitlersaurus Christ - Slash
Wyndstryker - Kiriyama
thiscoldblack - mztik
LiquidMetal14 - liquidmetal14
Lissar - Lissar
wwm0nkey - wwm0nkey
Nishastra - Bit Risky - Nishastra
Upsidedown Fuji - Roy Burning
Billiechu - Emmie - Billychu
StarCreator - Mikan - StarCreator
K.Sabot - Rino
SephirothRK - セフィロスRK (Ship 9)
Kyoufu - Kyoufu - choryun
KarmaCow - Soluni - KarmaCow
Xane - Xanares - Xane
SuperAngelo64 - Angelo - Angelo
nicoga3000 - Nicoga- Nicoga
Nokiri - Stealthy - Stealthy
Zeroneo - Zeroneo - Nashuim
Vivid - Vivid - Vivid
zoku88 - Nono - Zio
spyhunterzero - Ac3 - Ac3hunterzero
apricot - Artemis - apricotsushi
MightyKAC - MightyKAC - MightyKAC
EscapingJail - EscapingJail - EscapingJail
EvilAmarant7x - Amarant - EvilAmarant7x
jtrov - jtrov - jtrov
Robobandit - Hona - Robobandit
Wonko_C - ジーオネリス - ウォンコ
ZXSythe - ZXSythe - 4780
VariantX - VariantX - VariantX
Killthee - Lugus - Killthee
RSLAEV - Zweihandir - RSLV
Jack Random - Nei - Jackrandomsx
digita1alchemy - Lazarus - digita1alchemy
Tillbo - Tillzar
InternHertz - Sakura - InternHertz
AlphaDragoon - Renault
Diablohead - diablohead - nakiti
Fugu - ふぐ
boutdown - Joom - rostir

RGAy3.png

I posted this a couple of days ago too but might as well post it here:

I currently run a Community Chat for the game on IRC and Mumble, all NeoGAF members are allowed to join and we're willing on IRC to answer any questions you have about the game.

Direct link to the web chat/IRC
Server and channel for an IRC client:

IRC: irc.seraphimlabs.net
channel: #pso2

Mumble info:
Address: pso2db.com
Port: 49572
Password:
herptomyderp23
<--- Highlight for password

z2qt7.png

VIDEOS
Release trailer
TGS 2011 trailer
Closed Beta Trailer
Game intro
Abilities overview
Live service features trailer
Giant Bomb Quick Look
Another Giant Bomb playthrough

SCREENSHOTS

9AZsQ.png

Nt5Dq.jpg
3EJpY.jpg
zvfGG.jpg
AsBr4.jpg
R3zFX.jpg
kgCXX.jpg

ZVM4v.jpg
QKJWg.jpg
QQcyT.jpg
kRaMI.jpg
VqNhm.jpg
fxhdQ.jpg

DCps5.jpg
vOEqU.jpg
P8XtQ.jpg
urEJX.jpg
MkKYC.jpg
YYMVs.jpg

Qsyjz.jpg
v956L.jpg
7ScSX.jpg
PwblU.jpg
mfDnn.jpg
YwTXP.jpg

vCCZH.jpg
Vqmek.jpg
2orzB.jpg
JRDvZ.jpg
s4QZO.jpg
WS7Qk.jpg

uYO42.jpg
R2w4W.jpg
bok5o.jpg
Rvvsr.jpg
K5jDy.jpg
LNfvV.jpg

9vSbJ.jpg
bG3g2.jpg
qCjwZ.jpg
FUeY3.jpg
sPQOq.jpg
Y9Zzq.jpg

fyCKd.jpg
TW9BR.jpg
MsKbO.jpg
IhsGa.jpg
D5ycK.jpg
avH87.jpg

ahJ8x.jpg
GFpN4.jpg
NYp4i.jpg
iCKp5.jpg
ETwpO.jpg
n3MAf.jpg

dAf0k.jpg
fg9Qw.jpg
GXajc.jpg
Rg9yY.jpg
InV79.jpg
CzngL.jpg

g6epZ.jpg
LatXM.jpg
59O73.jpg
REDhw.jpg
qIHtT.jpg
MwLCF.jpg

N19JK.jpg
lvTcv.jpg

FONT
zW5Mm.png

Download link

IuoGy.png

Thanks to Cisce for helping me create this thread and to Ricardo (author of bumped.org) for allowing to copy some information from his blog, like the system specs, premium set contents and pricing among many more. Be sure to visit his blog, it's awesome. I'd also like to thank all the Gaffers that contributed by creating guides and Crofesima (she's not on GAF) who cut the chat bubbles for me.
Cisce: Special thanks to the Community IRC for moral support, suggestions, and proof-reading

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
3 things:
1. If someone makes a guide, I'll link it.
2. I'll try to get the GAF player list up to date, so keep posting your character names.
3. Report any kind of errors in the OP, but keep in mind I'll be out for a few hours and will correct them when I come back.

&#12424;&#12429;&#12375;&#12367;&#12394;&#12289;&#30456;&#26834;&#65281;

If you see "KoSynne" (yes, pronounced like the trigonometric term) in game, holla.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Few questions:

1) How much of the game is in there translated in the latest version? Is it just menus or did they get further than that?
2) Chances of a fan-translated version? Is anyone working on it already?
3) Any problems with using the Japanese servers such as lag?

I simply must play this, even if Sega never bother releasing it in the West, but I'd really prefer to play knowing all item and weapon names etc. not to mention all the menus.

It's sad (but typical Sega) that the best thing they've done for years is still so up in the air with a Western release.

Once we get some kind of english translation patch I will dive in on the japanese version, everything so far looks like a true pso sequel unlike PSU was.

My character name has been "Roy Burning" since beta. I never played with humans but I am on Ship 2. I can't believe the final version is already here.

I live in Japan but I am not sure if I want to pay for premium content. I have a feeling I will if I put enough time into this game but time will tell...

Few questions:

1) How much of the game is in there translated in the latest version? Is it just menus or did they get further than that?
2) Chances of a fan-translated version? Is anyone working on it already?
3) Any problems with using the Japanese servers such as lag?

I simply must play this, even if Sega never bother releasing it in the West, but I'd really prefer to play knowing all item and weapon names etc. not to mention all the menus.

It's sad (but typical Sega) that the best thing they've done for years is still so up in the air with a Western release.

The patch that was available during closed beta only really did menus, system messages, some pre-set broadcast messages, and some NPC character names. Most everything else, including weapon names and NPC dialog, is apparently server-side, so there isn't anything to be done about them. The data files containing this data are now encrypted, which has obviously made replacing them much more difficult.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The patch that was available during closed beta only really did menus, system messages, some pre-set broadcast messages, and some NPC character names. Most everything else, including weapon names and NPC dialog, is apparently server-side, so there isn't anything to be done about them. The data files containing this data are now encrypted, which has obviously made replacing them much more difficult.

Arse.

I will rage if this doesn't make it to the West.

VariantX

Yeah, I'd be fine with this, specially if it meant a quicker release. Dub is PSU was horrible lol

Well, apparently I missed out on something horrible, because after trying the 360 demo with its horrible net code and confusing layout of the lobby/city areas, I just passed.

Character name is Ac3. Also quick question, If we have the game from the pre-open and open beta, do we have to download the game again, or is there just some update that makes it the full game?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm downloading the beta client...Can I still play that until official release and carry over into it?

I am SO hard for this game.

Character name is Ac3. Also quick question, If we have the game from the pre-open and open beta, do we have to download the game again, or is there just some update that makes it the full game?

Just patch. You can actually go ahead and patch right now, but it's pretty small if you've already been playing open beta.

So I'm downloading the beta client...Can I still play that until official release and carry over into it?

I am SO hard for this game.

No, but you can download the 3gb worth of patches with it. There is no offline component whatsoever, but there -is- a separate character creator and benchmark tool (and characters saved using this tool can be loaded into the main game).

It's time to get ready for release guys.

tpfUE.jpg

OH GOD WHY IS LISA EVERYWHERE

Seriously though, I've absolutely loved the game from Alpha 2 until now and I'm amazed that the game is actually releasing today. I didn't manage to get to max level but I enjoyed the game so much just playing with friends.

I'm really happy with the improvements to this thread Keiician, it looks a lot nicer and I'm just glad in general that you managed to get the rights to the OT. :)

Great OT! Thanks for the links to the guides.

Is character name the same thing as Sega ID name or is it on a character by character basis in-game?

OH GOD WHY IS LISA EVERYWHERE

Why not?

pso20120702_202514_008.jpg

Great OT! Thanks for the links to the guides.

Is character name the same thing as Sega ID name or is it on a character by character basis in-game?

Your SEGA ID is only your login username. Some people like to keep this as private as possible, to minimize risk of account hacking.

Your Player ID (which you enter before you begin creating a character on a ship you do not have any characters on) is your main identifier for people on your friends list or team. If you have multiple characters, they will all be united under your Player ID.

Your Character name is, well, specific to that character.

Nokiri

Neo Member
I kinda like the idea that u can change btw classes.. they dint force u to buy a char slot to play another class <3.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No, but you can download the 3gb worth of patches with it. There is no offline component whatsoever, but there -is- a separate character creator and benchmark tool (and characters saved using this tool can be loaded into the main game).

OK. Well in that case, I'll get everything patched and ready. I'll start reading that translation guide/blog and get it loaded up on the iPad. Gotta be prepared! <3

E: Is the character creator built into the mega download I'm doing right now?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Great OT. I'm on Ship 9 - &#12475;&#12501;&#12451;&#12525;&#12473;RK but I want to play with you all :(
Since there will be no transfer option for some time (their system doesn't allow it or so they say), your best bet is to create a new character on Ship 2...

OK. Well in that case, I'll get everything patched and ready. I'll start reading that translation guide/blog and get it loaded up on the iPad. Gotta be prepared! <3

E: Is the character creator built into the mega download I'm doing right now?

Here's the link to the character creator from Nvidia's website and the translation patch:

Character Creator Download

Translation Patch for Character Creator

Remember that the Character Creator actually allows you to save characters to import into the main game! :)

(Here's the thread for the actual translation patch, no it's not ready yet and the latest version is only compatible with the Closed Beta)

ezodagrom

Ship 02, Player ID Ezodagrom, Character Ezodagrom. Also already bought 1000 AC to make 2 more characters, which will be named Johana and Blune (I know we can switch classes, but I need my newman and my cast). ;3

A couple of videos I recorded during the Open Beta, I have 3 more ready to be uploaded (I'll post those 3 once they're uploaded, most likely they won't be ready until next week though):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmIYVKrmp3w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRSwRvcNRBA

Also, obligatory Lisa picture:
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6802/pso2ob03.jpg
&#12391;&#12399;&#12391;&#12399;.&#12391;&#12399;&#12391;&#12399;&#12391;&#12399;.

Kard8p3

Oh god this looks so good..

but my computer is trash :( need to get monies asap for gaming computer.

Have fun guys! Hopefully I can eventually join you..

VariantX

JP PSO2 will be the best, others thinking otherwise are in for a ride. Hurrah!

Just have too many bad memories of sega dropping the ball in terms of delivering content in a timely manner from playing pso v2. The JP version was getting all this new stuff left and right while the other versions didn't get it for months if even at all.

Top Bottom