• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

TheFlow

Banned
Deadly Class #26. Do not read this issue, and avoid spoilers no matter what till you caught up Lashley. it is the biggest reveal of the series

This has topped #25 as the greatest Deadly class issue which quite a feat considering #25 was my favorite issue of last year.

Now for people who want to talk

Ifeel like Marcus did some more training. what a beast, plus Maria was alive! well goes to show if you don't see a body..

but yea this is the best issue of the week.

Deadly Class #26. Do not read this issue, and avoid spoilers no matter what till you caught up Lashley. it is the biggest reveal of the series

This has topped #25 as the greatest Deadly class issue which quite a feat considering #25 was my favorite issue of last year.

Now for people who want to talk

Ifeel like Marcus did some more training. what a beast, plus Maria was alive! well goes to show if you don't see a body..

but yea this is the best issue of the week.
I read it the other morning (REVIEWER STYLE) and I literally cheered, jumping around my apartment for five minutes. No joke, in this fucked up world it was so fucking great feel unbridled joy. The last few pages are easily the most perfectly executed in comic history and then BLAMMO, that FUCKING TITLE.

YES. YES. YES. YES.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I read it the other morning (REVIEWER STYLE) and I literally cheered, jumping around my apartment for five minutes. No joke, in this fucked up world it was so fucking great feel unbridled joy. The last few pages are easily the most perfectly executed in comic history and then BLAMMO, that FUCKING TITLE.

YES. YES. YES. YES.

I bet you were ready to explode waiting for someone else to read it.

Malyse

You know, if destroying the Terrigen Cloud had a backlash effect of causing either humans that would have become inhuman or inhumans that were changed by that cloud to immediately drop dead, then I think that Death of X and IvX both become better stories.

TheFlow

Banned

YES. YES. YES. YES.

I can imagine your glee. ending was hype

Read the latest issue of Batman and enjoyed it. Only thing I don't care for is Finch's art. Not a big fan at all. I wish Janin could pencil full time on the series.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Looks like the Last Snyder-Batman Arc was the only one who didnt hit the shitter in the end. Really loved Mr.Bloom, he is a terrifying son of a bitch

Not really news. A lot of us had pieced this together a long time ago.

The inhuman/X-men conflict is hilariously, indefensibly one sided. Not even close. The inhuman position is ridiculous to the point where it almost seems like a parody of bad 90s supervillain plots.

The comments about Scott sprinkled here and there make it clear he was intended to murder a LOT of inhumans. "Most hated mutant" would put him past magneto, past strife, past apocalypse, and past Sinister...all of whom have fairly significant body counts.

This would obviously be something very difficult if not impossible for Cyclops and mutants period to come back from, and it looks like with inhuman sales the way they have been, setting the xbooks on fire and pissing on the ashes didn't make a lot of sense to push a property that the base just doesn't seem interested in.

It might be awkward to reconcile but it's clearly the better call.

Nightwing's lartest arc wrapped up but I'm not sure if I dig the new Blud. Giving it the Atlantic City Port Town make over was nice but did you have to drop everything about the city itself? What about the old cast? idk.

Batman and Sons at the BatBurger joint was too good.

Nudull

Banned
First look on Snagglepuss.

hPEWLTt.jpg

LProtag

I just signed up for my first pull list:

Saga
Paper Girls
East of West
Deadly Class

I'm all caught up on Saga and Paper Girls, and I'm waiting for my trades of the other two (only read the first vol of each).

Now I really want to catch up with Deadly Class... but I was going to wait for the vol 5 trade as the arc just ended today... but I might track down the singles now.

Edit: Just ordered the back issues from Midtown, my local shop didn't have them today anyway.

Zombine

Banned
I honestly think the only thing the show fucked up was the prison arcs. Ya the cliffhanger in S6 was dumb as fuck but nothing disappointed me more than S3. Luckily that showrunner isn't around anymore.

As for this season I'm guessing you mean that AOW is the best arc but it's important to remember that S7 so far is covering the arcs before AOW. "What comes after" and "March to war" both of which weren't all that amazing in the comics. You had issues that only focused on indivual communities ( just like the show ) and you had to wait month to month for that shit. At least with the show your only waiting a week. And honestly the whole build up to the war in the comics felt rushed as hell. I really like that the show seems to be taking its time to make this war a really big deal . I'm not saying the show is perfect or anything but I don't think it's been as bad as people have been saying either.

I'm glad I got another full time Walking Dead guy in here.

TheFlow

Banned
I love the action scenes. It's been top notch since the beginning. Remember the bike chase in issue one? Or the stuff on the bridge
lol don't remember most of that. Best action panels have been the hillbilly battle, the finals, 25-26

Top Bottom