• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny.

I imported the game before and bought a domestic classic controller for it. Now I'm buying the domestic game and importing a classic controller for it.

Caj814

ReXXXSoprano said:
If this is the case then I wonder what a Chris moveset will look like. We know he fight but him being a MvC2 Jill clone is out of the question. I'm gonna wait and see what develops from the clues Seth drops.

BOULDER PUNCH! Super :lol

Adam Prime said:
Huh? Excuse my laziness but how many buttons does this game have? Is it a 4B or 6B?

... I'm thinking about picking up a Wii soon, definitely want to get in on this!

Join the club, heh. A new Vs game pretty much is the best reason to get a Wii, for me at least. I've really grown quite interested in this game. Looks like a shit load of fun to play with friends, and hopefully online!

Adam Prime said:
So how would that work on a Wii remote? There's only three buttons on the face...? A button and 1 and 2. Then you hit the back button for the assist?

... as I'm typing that it does make sense. So the classic controller D-Pad is seen as pretty component? I might just go with that so I can play other VC games. Stick seems bit pricey.

The game's a 4 button fighter but I found that the classic controller was good enough for this game. I just needed to hold the pad with 3 fingers directly on top of the 3 attack buttons at all times, just changing my finger positioning when I needed to use P or Baroque.

Wiimote and nunchuk mode is simplifies the fighting with only one button for attack and one for specials, kinda like Smash Bros.. It's not very fun.

The input in this game is really lenient, so the classic controller is more than capable. This is one of the few games that I can play on both controller and stick and still be able to execute properly.

they are adding tatsunoko characters as well, the first US PR mentioned that they will add in 5 new characters (getting rid of one Tatsunoko character because of licencing issues)

Going to play the game again today, will have to try and beat that stupid final boss.. gah!!

flipping_heck said:
they are adding tatsunoko characters as well, the first US PR mentioned that they will add in 5 new characters (getting rid of one Tatsunoko character because of licencing issues)

Going to play the game again today, will have to try and beat that stupid final boss.. gah!!

final boss is really, really a joke. just block everything and when he goes to hit you, run away

the only stupid thing he has is that throw that takes like 50% of your life, but you can just superjump to avoid it

flipping_heck said:

The first PR was redacted by Capcom for a reason. Nothing in it should be taken as definitive confirmation, even if much of it has panned out.

fernoca

Adam Prime said:
So how would that work on a Wii remote? There's only three buttons on the face...? A button and 1 and 2. Then you hit the back button for the assist?

... as I'm typing that it does make sense. So the classic controller D-Pad is seen as pretty component? I might just go with that so I can play other VC games. Stick seems bit pricey.
Wiimote plus Nunchuck attached:

Nunchuck:
-Analog Stick
-C Button
-Z Button
Total: 1 for movement, 2 for attacks

Wii Remote:
-A Button
-B Button
-(-)
-(+)
-Digital [+] pad (Up, Down, Left, Right = 4 buttons)
Total: 8 buttons plus (-) and (+) which depending on the game are used for options or pause, just a few use it for action....with only one (B) being on the back, the rest are on the face.

Don't know in this game, but in Mortal Kombat Armageddon you used the digital pad for attacks (when connected to a nunchuck)..and made motions/gestures (while holding B) to perform specials.

-PXG-

flipping_heck said:

Yami is such a bitch. First two forms are easy. That last (hand) form is hard and obnoxious. Might try to beat that right now actually :)

Would kill to have Capcom add these chracters

Mike Haggar
Nemessis (Should be the damn boss)
Gene
Harmen Smith as the Killer7. I can see him being the most unique character in the game.

flipping_heck said:

A Capcom representative hinted that Barry Burton from Resident Evil will be a playable character. That interests me.

ShockingAlberto said:
He really didn't.
BarryBurton.jpg

Kuraudo

Banned
Host Samurai said:
Would kill to have Capcom add these chracters

Mike Haggar
Nemessis (Should be the damn boss)
Gene
Harmen Smith as the Killer7. I can see him being the most unique character in the game.

Alucard should be in too.

Ookami-kun said:
Bah, am I the only one who's more interested in the Tatsunoko side than the Capcom side?
I doubt they procured any more licenses in replacement, so I'm guessing it's going to be from the ones they do have.

My money's on Ai from Yatterman.

-PXG-

ShockingAlberto said:
I doubt they procured any more licenses in replacement, so I'm guessing it's going to be from the ones they do have.

My money's on Ai from Yatterman.

Three Yatterman (playable) characters? Doubt it.

Or squash the word "objection" or stretch the kanji. They could have done it if they really wanted him in there. His moveset does seem pretty limited though. Perhaps he'd need Maya and Gumshoe and maybe even Edgeworth to come in for special moves.

Or Edgeworth with Gumshoe running around for him, ala Ace Attorney Investigations. One of the Supers could always bring in an Edgeworth/Phoenix "Objection!" duel.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Which is a genuine shame. He's by far the most recognizable Tatsunoko character in North America.
I'm guessing that's why they couldn't get him.

He's the only Tatsunoko license that is still relevant in America today. Especially on the heels (relatively) of the movie, it might have been too expensive if they could just as easily replace him with someone cheaper or, I dunno, Nero.

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm guessing that's why they couldn't get him.

He's the only Tatsunoko license that is still relevant in America today. Especially on the heels (relatively) of the movie, it might have been too expensive if they could just as easily replace him with someone cheaper or, I dunno, Nero.
Also possible the video game rights to him in North America are tied up cuz of the game based on the movie, which makes this all Mario's fault.

They say anything at Comicon about the Pizza Cats? That'd be the next best thing.

Sadist said:
Here's hoping for the Pizza Cats...

Speedy FTW, yes!!! Disney for the cockblock, probably.

Knowing at this point that Ai and Joe are alleged locks gives Gatchaman and Yatterman with 3 characters a piece. The only other character that makes sense is either Komugi or Kyosuke Date. I still have hope for MANGO JESUS though.

And the 2 for Team Capcom is a mystery for now. The suspicions that RE will be repped by someone is possible. And with the universe so big, character #2 could be anyone. Capcom with the self imposed rule of one character per game rep makes it a little harder to pinpoint who it could be. I expect a left field response similar to Saki. But we'll start finding out details soon enough.

TunaLover

They will add one new character, from both sides right?

Agree with people who want Samurai Pizza Cat on Tatsunoko side, Meteoro would be a nice addition too though. On Capcom's side I bet it's RE related character due the success of RE serie on Wii.

-PXG- said:
Some folks are telling me that Hakushon Daimao is going to be cut from the American version...

This guy:

http://www.jap-sai.com/Games/Tatsunoko_vs_Capcom/Tatsunoko_vs_Capcom_Art_16_Hakushon_Daimao.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
He is.

[QUOTE=TunaLover]They will add one new character, from both sides right?

Agree with people who want Samurai Pizza Cat on Tatsunoko side, Meteoro would be a nice addition too though. On Capcom's side I bet it's RE related character due the success of RE serie on Wii.[/QUOTE]
5 new characters. They got rid of one of the Tatsunoko ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom