• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft registers XboxAb.com and XboxAb.net

ekim

Probably nothing but it's worth noting as those domains are new registers and not just some transfers.

untitledylkkv.png

Now to the fun part:
What could "Ab" mean...
Augmented Body? Augmented Buttocks? A-Flat (A♭)?

Yka

What could "Ab" mean...

Swedes are buying Xbox from Microsoft?

Wikipedia said:
Aktiebolag (literally "share company" or "stock company") is the Swedish term for "limited company" or "corporation".

When used in company names, it is abbreviated "AB" or "Ab" (roughly equivalent to the abbreviations Ltd and PLC).

Mugatu

Xbox One successor will be Xbox A and then Xbox AB will be like the new Elite and will come with Super Kinect.

It's probably something related to AB Testing, where you have multiple UI's for the same website to try and gather statistics...
If they're not using Google analytics they're probably going to redirect users within these domains on their tests.

Walshicus

It's probably something related to AB Testing, where you have multiple UI's for the same website to try and gather statistics...
If they're not using Google analytics they're probably going to redirect users within these domains on their tests.

I'd really doubt they'd be using split page testing at Microsoft... that's pretty 2008.

I still find it ridiculous that they named it the Xbox One

how are we supposed to distinguish it from the original Xbox (which, presumably, should be called XBOX1)

I guess they've just made it 100% obsolete :3

statham

I still find it ridiculous that they named it the Xbox One

how are we supposed to distinguish it from the original Xbox (which, presumably, should be called XBOX1)

I guess they've just made it 100% obsolete :3

and some say time-travel isn't real. This post is almost a year old.

Top Bottom