• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

Pachimari

Oh shit, Cheryl seems like an annoying prick. Damn, I can see myself getting pissed lmao. Just don't touch my Veronica Lodge. I'm pretty hyped about this show.

Goodstyle

can't wait!

tumblr_m0hq8kq1WM1qko4x4o1_500.gif

2 more, Cheryl's (the redhead) was just released:

https://twitter.com/cw_riverdale/status/822866378990288896
How far will one go to cover up a family scandal? Marisol Nichols as Hermione Lodge.

https://twitter.com/cw_riverdale/status/823228740515704832
There can only be one queen bee in Riverdale. See Madelaine Petsch as Cheryl Blossom, Thursday at 9/8c on The CW!

"I'm in the mood for some chaos"

Hahaha, I love how teens talk in this show.

Positive reviews keep rolling in. IGN Verdict: 8.5

An eerie, sharply-executed pilot gets Riverdale off to a strong start. A murder mystery ignites all sorts of drama inside a small town, turning colorful Archie comic characters into intriguing people with dark secrets. Visually, it's a moody and at times surreal feast for the eyes.

The plot peels back layers of this twisted old town one at a time, and while it can feel a tad strange watching such liberties being taken with classic characters, it's all done with confidence and intent. It's as if the showmakers wore a devilish smile while crafting this show, knowing the audience would also be wearing one by the time the credits roll.

Fancolors

I never read any Archie, but the fact
Sabrina
is supposed to appear in the season finale peaks my interest.

Good thing this show seems to be good, because I would watch it all even if it was the worst piece of entertainment on television.

Goodstyle

Every review I've read so far, even the one negative one I've seen, praises Betty and Veronica and their dynamic as the heart of the show. Despite how things may appear, it looks like the show happens around Archie rather than through him.

Really nice review from the Philadelphia Inquirer

Riverdale's a lot of fun, but what I like most so far is that Betty's much more than a ponytail, Veronica's not nearly as spoiled as I remember, and together they're navigating friendship and romantic rivalry in what I'd like to think are 21st century ways. Plus, Ashleigh Murray is dynamite as Josie McCoy, the strong-willed center of -- wait for it -- Josie and the Pussycats.

Also, some absolutely stunning pics of Camila Mendes (Veronica Lodge). Can't get over how lovely she is, and a brilliant actress at that.

camila-mendes-20.jpg

camila-mendes-6-835x1253.jpg

camila-mendes-13.jpg

camila-mendes-homepage-1280x720.jpg

camila-mendes-2-1.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Comixology currently have a sale going on. 50% off a selection of Archie comics if you use the code ARCHIE on checkout.

I'm super behind on the main series, so I'll definitely be taking advantage of this. Thanks

What really strikes me in those pics Fuu posted is this show's moody anachronistic style. So close! Can't wait to finally see the premiere.

Razmos

I never read any Archie, but the fact
Sabrina
is supposed to appear in the season finale peaks my interest.

Good thing this show seems to be good, because I would watch it all even if it was the worst piece of entertainment on television.
I was reading the OP wondering if she was in it. I'm definitely gonna give this a shot now.

Double D

I have absolutely no knowledge of anything related to Archie other than looking at the covers when I was in line at the grocery store as a kid. After watching the previews I'm super confused as this does not seem at all like what I imagined the Archie comics were about.

Sorithin

Grew up reading these every week, have a ton dating back to the 60s when my uncle read them. Just watched the trailer recently and I really hope this doesn't flop as all I ever wanted as a kid was a good Archie show/movie.

With that said, how can they not include Mr. Lodge? :(

Chorazin

I have absolutely no knowledge of anything related to Archie other than looking at the covers when I was in line at the grocery store as a kid. After watching the previews I'm super confused as this does not seem at all like what I imagined the Archie comics were about.

This is an Alternate World for Archie. They've been doing that in the comics, starting with the series where they were adults dealing with real adult shit, and the horror series in which Archie and the gang are caught in the Zombie Apocalypse.

RedAssedApe

Banned
damn...luke perry is old now

This actually looks kind of interesting...had no idea what it was based on. So edgy hehe

If you snub your nose at CW shows for the drama and pretty young adults i'm guessing you won't like this either. Although it does seem like some people might have come around since the super hero shows aren't exactly exempt from your usual CW-ness.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Got these in the mail today. Should suffice until tomorrow

Yes! Have you read Afterlife with Archie or The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina? If not, those should be your next purchases. Archie Comics have really turned me into a huge fan with their recent work. Hoping Riverdale sends me over the edge.

Got these in the mail today. Should suffice until tomorrow

Nice, my copy of Archie and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina should be here tomorrow.

Sort of tempted to buy some stuff off the Archie site since they have the 40% off promo. How's the shipping price on that site?

Edit: Ended up getting Afterlife with Archie, Jughead, Archie #2, and Road to Riverdale for $42 after shipping. Not bad.

I've watched all the clips.

- Veronica's first time meeting Archie and Betty is where the show is starting
- Archie's mom is MIA. Maybe she and Fred got divorced.
- Mr. Lodge is in jail for what I assume might be money laundering.
- Miss Grundy is hot
and she's banging Archie???
Wtf?
- Every clip with Jughead doesn't involve him stuffing his face. Where's Jughead "The Human Bottomless Pit" Jones?
- Are Hot Dog, Mr. Weatherbee, and Chuck even in the show?

I've been reading some of those and looking up info on Classic Archie.

I find the relationships dynamic really odd. Apparently Veronica and Archie are BFGF but when she's not around he hits up Betty.

Or really anyone. Dude is always hitting on girls and dating them.

Which Veronica also dates other people so I guess it's kind of an open thing. Yet they both get jealous. Same with Betty sort of.

Basically Archie seems kind of like a dick and I'm shocked the 2 core girls put up with it.

New Archie on the new comic and that whole thing is much better IMO

Yeah, the on-and-off polyamorous-ish relationship between Archie, Betty, and Veronica is pretty dated.
I've always been #TeamBetty, since Veronica just dated whoever treated her like a queen.

ZeroX03

Banned
There better be a voiceover with "My name is Archie Andrews..." and "...welcome to Riverdale" in there. It's the Berlanti comic book staple damnit!

Top Bottom