• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills twelve at theater in Aurora Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxword

Where the fuck did he get tear gas from?
Can people buy that shit?

Early word has it that it was likely bought underground as there's some comparatively lax firearm laws in Colorado.

Colorado has had issues with its firearms laws for some time now, this was heavily debated when Columbine happened and likely will be debated far into the future when further tragedy occurs.

And too many of them are in Colorado I guess.

There's definitely some problems there. This is fairly close to where Columbine happened, too.

Zebra

This is awful. I hope that the injured sustained non-life-threatening wounds.

Is it confirmed there were two gunmen?
These tragedies are horrific enough with one shooter, but it always frightens me more when there's 2+. It suggests some level of organization and agreement between them. It suggests they have some twisted motivation beyond losing their minds--and the notion that two such individuals can find each other and discuss these things without one of them ratting out the other on their intentions... it just scares the shit out of me and keeps me up at night.

dabig2

I'm pretty sure this will be an isolated incident and that there's no reason to fear-monger, but boy am I glad that I'm seeing this movie at the National Mall in DC.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Thank god they got one of them alive then so hopefully we'll know where these people are from or if this flag thing is just BS...

Iranians don't usually have that dark of a complexion, at least not when compared to Indian or Pakistani people.

The GAF moral police who cant bring themselves to forget about the comment about the guy getting the movie spoiled, talk of religious stuff, "I better go buy a gun now, "man humans are so shit," "can't even do anything in the US without being in danger these days."

Most of the people in here are going to forget about this in a week.
This will be in the news for a VERY long time, the media won't let people forget. Not looking forward to it myself.

(Not because I think we should just forget, but because I'm personally emotionally incapable of handling news like this right now)

xbhaskarx

Top post as of right now from a reddit thread about the shooting.

"i was there. loud gunshots were heard but i thought it was the movie. the pa system turned on and they announced to get out of the theater. the shooter was a darkish skin man who was throwing tear gas at us. he was wearing a mask that had an iranian flag on it. i'm scared, i saw a girl shot in the face"

Holy shit if true, but then again it's a random dude posting something on the internet, so who knows if it's true...

No fucking way.... false flag attack?

Really dude? Really?
Who knows right now what it is, but you read that a gunman was dark skinned with an Iranian flag and you immediately conjure up some false flag conspiracy? Is it even possible in your reality for an Iranian person to do something bad or is it always just the CIA/Mossad?
Can't wait for you to provide evidence... in the form of links from f'ing InfoWars.

If what I hear is true, and they shot people while they were watching the film, they had zero chance of escaping. But I am hearing conflicting stories. One say the two were shooting in the lobby and others say in the cinema room. This shit is crazy.

siddhu33

It might have been an indian flag. They are similar in colour.
But holy shit if true. When the fuck have there been indian terrorists for god's sake.

LobLob

Banned
I hope and pray to God this is not as bad as it seems right now, this is so horrible, i am honestly quite nervous and scared.

rCIZZLE

Fox news likes drama, because it increases ratings. It makes sense why CNN is being conservative while Fox News is like THE SUN CRASHED INTO THE EARTH in terms of their style of reporting.

Are there really not enough anti-Fox threads/posts on neogaf already? It's early and all of the stations are trying to separate fact from rumor for the public.

This is why it takes so long for journalist to get this up on news sites.
This need to know all the details instantly without fact-checking leads to nonsense being put out and believed by people. Especially in a tragedy like this

LobLob

Banned
Are there really not enough anti-Fox threads/posts on neogaf already? It's early and all of the stations are trying to separate fact from rumor for the public.

Exactly, this is not the time to get all liberal and consersative politics, leave it out of this thread dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom