• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
RIP MCA.

Fucking legend. So upset, Beasties were huge for me growing up and I still have mad love for them. Fuck cancer.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Damn I had no idea he was battling cancer. What a fucking shame.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That's a damn shame. Sad day for white people, everywhere.

On another note, heard some new Kanye track that y'all probably heard last year. Something about so cold? Called out Wiz and Amber. Was pretty fucking good though.

//B1G

Banned
that Goldie video goes so hard, i'm fucking jelly of rocky no lie.
what's up with everyone being in paris lately?

Ephemeris

This is what is wrong with people today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO9ef4I55ao&feature=player_embedded

/Disgusted

no words.

OnionDisbelief.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Gtfo with this shit.

Huh? Think you probably read that wrong.

EDIT: Okay, at a computer now. Let me elucidate. The Beastie Boys were instrumental in the beginning to get rap accepted on mainstream radio. It's no real secret that for a long time, they were the first exposure to the art form that a lot of disenfranchised kids had to rap. They were played on rock stations that were primarily listened to by a less-than-diverse audience. They helped break down the schoolyard barriers that rap was for "black people" in the same way that Run DMC did around the same time. Maybe this was a wholly centralized phenomenon, but growing up, being able to talk about music that we heard on the radio like the Beasties/DMC together brought a lot of people who might not have otherwise socialized together in those formative years of my childhood. Rap being nearly universally accepted wasn't always a thing, and it took breaking down the perceived notions a lot of old, white radio stations had about the music. The BB were huge in that regard.

RJT

EDIT: Okay, at a computer now. Let me elucidate. The Beastie Boys were instrumental in the beginning to get rap accepted on mainstream radio. It's no real secret that for a long time, they were the first exposure to the art form that a lot of disenfranchised kids had to rap. They were played on rock stations that were primarily listened to by a less-than-diverse audience. They helped break down the schoolyard barriers that rap was for "black people" in the same way that Run DMC did around the same time. Maybe this was a wholly centralized phenomenon, but growing up, being able to talk about music that we heard on the radio like the Beasties/DMC together brought a lot of people who might not have otherwise socialized together in those formative years of my childhood. Rap being nearly universally accepted wasn't always a thing, and it took breaking down the perceived notions a lot of old, white radio stations had about the music. The BB were huge in that regard.

No, it's you who wrote it wrong. It's a sad day for hip-hop. It's a sad day for music. It's a sad day for humanity. It's not a sad day for white people.

Lhexh

They still do get rock radio play. I can dig this. So much I would like to say but, I'm just a junior.

lol man you could get that shit made at your local printing place for like $20

nah man, nah. if i have it its gotta be the real thing. plus its got the leather on the front which looks pretty cool. no way in hell im dropping that much for it though

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's weird. Other music stars have died, but this is the 1st time in my life where I was literally like "HOLY SHIT NOOOOOOOOOO!" Maybe it's the 1st person that I've really ever listened to a ton over my life time, and now I'm old enough to understand that he's gone.

kamspy

GAF HOP. Dilemma. Yall see the Lac I posted a couple pages back right? Well the outlet store I'm going to tomorrow has the rag top in 3 colors, dark mahogany (which is I think what mine use to be, before 15 years of sunlight got to it), black and cream. Cream ain't gonna work with the Champagne paint (or will it....) so it's between dark mahogany and black. What do yall think?

For wheels I'm thinking about going all the way back and just getting some 17" 100 spoke platinums with some yellow strip classic Vouges for tires. My buddy has the rims for pretty cheap, and I think the classic look might work for it. I've actually never owned a set of spoke rims. It might be time....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Big Sean has been killing shit recently. Mercy, I Don't Like and now Burn. Goddamn. I only wish the stuff for his next solo effort sounded as good.

//B1G

Banned
la chat for hardest MC ever
and peep the second verse. makes me wanna keeeeel somebody

and have any of you dudes with iPhones/pads checked out the beat making app from the guys at Reason? i played around with it on an iPad and it's defff worth the $.99
it's pretty comprehensive and i could imagine some pretty sick shit being made with it.

demonstration vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom