• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

mgs4 scans - bosses shown

FFChris

I think they look pretty cool, they fit in with the new Metal Gear designs.

omg rite said:
"horrifically bad taste" is right.

I didn't like MGS3s bosses either. Then again, I never got to The End, which was supposed to be a great boss fight. The ones before it were all crap.

I think they look fine. They're less individual and full of character than MGS3's (judging from a single scan, naturally) but I suspect the idea is for them not to seem at all human.

Borys

Banned
Sirolf said:
So is this the official MGS 4 trolling thread ?

Bosses look cool but they have some really stupid names. And I mean really, really stupid.

Doc Ock sounds cool, Laughing Octopus sounds... laughable.

itxaka

Defeatist
So they are the MGS1 bosse plus tentacles and stuff?

Well, just do mantis as cool as in MGS1 and that will be enough.

Sirolf

Borys said:
Bosses look cool but they have some really stupid names. And I mean really, really stupid.

Sure the names are a bit over the top !!
But this is typically the sort of bosses seen in every MGS to date (look,extravagance and so on...)

temp

posting on contract only
It sounds like they got the names from the random name generator on MSN Gaming Zone.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Looks like someone at Kojima Productions was taking drugs... Business as usual for MGS then.

PolyGone

Banned
Scenester said:
bosses look cool and their names are fine, stop yer whining

how exactly is laughing octopus a good name? the others are pretty bad too.

Also, how exactly is laughing octopus able to move when her neck would be snapped in a second when that thing moves?

stupid stupid stupid

They look awesome. I want to see how they act. I don't like their names so much especially raving raven but i trust Kojima we'll see. Hopefully the new trailer will give us a good look at these guys.

Wow he wasn't joking when he said he wants to bring every character back for MGS4. o_O

Are those two marionnetes hanging from Mantis' extra arms?

Splatt

It seems they are spiritual successors to the MGS1 bosses. But whatever, their design sucks. I don't want to fight some lameass tentacle raping cybernetic bosses :(

ssoass

bud said:
just how retarded the bosses look.

You prefer obese bombers on rollerskates, immortal vampires who can run on water, and "cyborg ninjas"?

Also, how exactly is laughing octopus able to move when her neck would be broken in less than a second trying to support that thing?

Who says they are human?

Scenester

PolyGone said:

Also, how exactly is laughing octopus able to move when her neck would be broken in less than a second trying to support that thing?

stupid stupid stupid

Well the names are funny, and no one ever said MGS games werent stupid, thats the whole idea behind them. Totally over the top shit

Yoboman

PolyGone said:

Also, how exactly is laughing octopus able to move when her neck would be snapped in a second when that thing moves?

stupid stupid stupid
It's a Metal Gear, not a person.

MCD

@Zenith

i just noticed i messed up the arrangement on that post, i edited it if you don't mind.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
ssoass said:
You prefer obese bombers on rollerskates, immortal vampires who can run on water, and "cyborg ninjas"?

Cyborg Ninja was fine, but MGS2's bosses were pretty bad as well. MGS3 however had horrible bosses. The Fury and that bee guy were just awful. The End wasn't that hot either. The Sorrow was the best that game offered when it came to bosses, and even it was a second rate Psycho Mantis.

Top Bottom