• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's challenges Taco Bell's Beefy Crunch Burrito with new Southwest Burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
For those unaware, Taco Bell's Beefy Crunch Burrito is the one with Fritos in it.

McDonald's Tests Dollar Menu Expansion

McDonald's is looking to expand the Dollar Menu with new "Dollar Menu & More." The new menu expands the menu with some new burgers and new variations on current value burgers like the McChicken and McDouble. Most menu items range from $1 to $2.

ryw9aGI.jpg

Southwest Burger - a McDonald's hamburger with white cheddar processed cheese, barbecue ranch sauce, and tortilla strips instead of the standard fixings.

Other new items:

KqIEPPu.jpg

Dijon Swiss Burger - a McDonald's hamburger patty with lettuce, pickles, Swiss cheese, and Dijon mustard.

jM11yRI.jpg

Bacon Hot 'N Spicy McChicken - adds a sesame seed bun, bacon, and white cheddar processed cheese to the Hot 'N Spicy McChicken. Also available on the regular McChicken.

PzzRPBC.png

Buffalo Ranch McChicken - a McChicken with ranch and buffalo sauce instead of mayo.

Not pictured: Bacon McDouble - it's a McDouble, but with Applewood-smoked bacon added.

Burgers including the Southwest Burger, the Dijon Swiss, and the Cheddar Onion Burger are now offered with a "double" version with an extra beef patty.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the Dollar Menu & More is being tested in Albuquerque, NM; Memphis, TN; Columbia, SC, Fresno, CA; and Hartford, CT.

The menu test differs from McDonald's fairly recent Extra Value Menu and rival Wendy's "Right Size, Right Price" value menu, which were more value-menu repackages rather than this new menu with new burgers.

Southwest Burger - a McDonald's hamburger with white cheddar processed cheese, barbecue ranch sauce, and tortilla strips instead of the standard fixings.

fuck that

Looks tasty, as a stockholder I hope they do well.

EDIT: Sorry McD's you can't top the Beefy Crunch Burrito, it is just too perfect.

Bii

A few of the McDonald's in my area has had these items on their menu for the past week or two. I've actually tried the Southwest Burger and it's not that great. You could barely test the white cheddar cheese amidst the barbecue sauce and tortilla strips. Also, you should get the double version if you should choose to try it.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I actually went to a McDonals drive thru this weekend for the first time in years. The girl was standing there with one of those order tablets 20 feet before the menu, even though I was the only one there. She asked what I wanted and I said... I don't know. Apparently customers who have their entire menu memorized is pretty common?

Richie

I'm from Mexico, so the majority of the delicacies OP showcases via his numerous threads are ones I won't get to try in person, but I wanna give him a nod because it's always great entering one of these and just seeing the tasty images on display. I do believe I'll be having my lunch break right now.

Clydefrog

I actually went to a McDonals drive thru this weekend for the first time in years. The girl was standing there with one of those order tablets 20 feet before the menu, even though I was the only one there. She asked what I wanted and I said... I don't know. Apparently customers who have their entire menu memorized is pretty common?

Hahahaha that happened to me at Del Taco once. Some guy is standing in the mid-day heat and asked what I wanted while holding a fat tablet. "Hi, uhh... I'll have some tacos?" "How many?" "... Three. Actually, can I see a menu?" "Yeah, just pull up and I'll follow you."

I wonder what those three tacos would have looked like.

johnsmith

remember me
I'll definitely be trying the buffalo ranch mcchicken. I already put frank's red hot buffalo sauce on them. This will save me the extra step.

People actually like the Beefy Crunch Burrito? I had one and was sick the entire day. Then again I don't know how people eat Taco Bell at all.

Vyroxis

Banned
People actually like the Beefy Crunch Burrito? I had one and was sick the entire day. Then again I don't know how people eat Taco Bell at all.

TACO Bell, Taco Johns, Taco Del Mar all manage to be terrible in their own special ways.

Taco Johns breakfast food though.... Dear god. So damned good.

I'd wager it's because tomato is one of those hotly contested toppings on burgers. People either love it or hate it.
Judging by every other fast food menu and my supreme taste, public opinion is heavily in favor of tomatoes. Also they belong on a fucking burger, you communist.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Southwest with Fritos: No thanks.

Dijon or whatever Cheese with Pickles: Eh, maybe want.

dorkimoe

I love mcnuggets and mcchickens and their fried. But they need better burgers. I can eat a Big Mac. But the meat in that second picture. Ugh

As someone who primarily goes to these places for their value menu and the odd Big Mac here and there I have to say that the new additions sound pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom