• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft sends GAF a Cease and Desist notice over Mass Effect 3 Spoilers

Vire

LET ME BE CLEAR: ANY TALK OF SUCH SPOILERS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THIS THREAD.

Notice how the Mass Effect 3 Beta Leak thread is magically gone? That's because Microsoft has sent GAF a C&D over the heavy story spoilers found on the site.

XmOLV.png

Basically confirming that what was leaked was actually what happens...

Address from Bioware on their forums:

I8jyC.png

Anyone who wants to catch up - read this post please:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32510554&postcount=1624

Fallout:

Luke Smith From Bungie

IZwrL.png

503 Errors

K2NyY.png

NeoGAF vs EA

choicemld2m.png

You Exist Because We Allow It

GSR

This first reply written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan in collaboration with Steve Ballmer

Do... do they really think this will help... anything, like, at all?

In the first place. "Posting spoilers" isn't exactly illegal in any way.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Vire said:
Notice how the Mass Effect 3 Beta Leak thread is gone? That's because Bioware has sent GAF a C&D over the heavy story spoilers found on the site.

Lol.

That bad, huh, Bioware?

Hope some stuff gets changed from the script before release.

Kinda wanna see the C&D letter tho, and if it really holds any relevance/weight.

Nora Kisaragi said:
lol. That's not going to work. NeoGAF will discuss as we damn well please. I take it that manager is new around these parts.
It actually did work, hence the thread not being around anymore.

Wow, I didn't realize spoilers had leaked along with the beta. I never saw that part of the thread

Can I ask what gaf's *reaction* was to the spoilers or is that going too far? Happy, sad, angry, meh?

Vamphuntr

Oh no :(

I shouldn't have posted some spoilers from that Russian site. Sorry, If I caused some issues. I wasn't the only one posting them though.

I was wondering what happened to that thread. Pretty bad show on Bioware's part trying to censor an independent forum just because of their and Microsofts cock up. I still can't believe Bioware were stupid enough to trust MS with such critical information. I won't even trust MS with my damn credit card info never mind the entire plot to a multi million dollar franchise.

epmode

Shake Appeal said:
I'm pretty sure Bioware/EA has no legal authority over GAF in this instance, but whatever.
They don't but who can afford to fight that shit in court? God bless America!

Ridley327

HamPster PamPster said:
Wow, I didn't realize spoilers had leaked along with the beta. I never saw that part of the thread

Can I ask what gaf's *reaction* was to the spoilers or is that going too far? Happy, sad, angry, meh?
It was a bit like the five stages of grief.

Seriously, mods. Put the thread back. There is literally no legal grounding for Bioware suing over it.

I really didn't care, but now I do

Vire

I'm curious to know if they are even within their legal rights to do this kind of thing.

But surely, the damage has already been done.

marrec

Banned
Bioware:

"Whew! That was close guys, but thanks to our swift action it looks like that GAF thread has been deleted. Kudos to all involved, we don't have to worry about Story details leaking anymore!"

Later that day!

"Did you know the Internet was one big thing? Totally connected! We's gunna need more C&Ds..."

"Also, whats a Cache?!"

Rapstah

I don't want this to lead to idiots posting the spoilers in other threads out of account suicides or stupidity.

Top Bottom