• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

as a massive fan of classic SMS art, i'm loving that, man. there's a dude at the sega forums who redid the US art for 3 & the JP release of 5 in that grid style and please believe i printed out & use both, haha

That was my inspiration for this one, those covers are amazing so i had to replicate it :)
Trying to get the grid to look right when resized is a pain but i'll keep tinkering for a while... dammit, the bar between title and sub-title is missing. Gah!

I love all you guys for supporting Yakuza. I honestly thought dead souls would be the last localized game but then we got 5 and now everyone is hyped for this. Makes me happy we'll continue to get these localized in the future. Thanks everyone.

Korezo

Whats the ps4 pro features, I use to hate the aliasing on the ps3 yakuza game. I hope the ps4 pro mode is all asing free.

MattyH

So how long will the wait for the yakuza 1 remake be cause il wanna dive in soon as I've done 0 but I only have the PAL Ps2 version which is dubbed right?

IrishNinja

The title is missing a divider!!!! Now you're going to scare everyone away damn it!!!

Lol

dammit, just realized i can't fix that bit myself - mod PM'd!

So how long will the wait for the yakuza 1 remake be cause il wanna dive in soon as I've done 0 but I only have the PAL Ps2 version which is dubbed right?

should be this summer! last i checked we didn't have an official date, but it's likely not far off
and i wanna say PAL 1 was dubbed like the US one? not certain though

luulubuu

To all of you who are buying this game early
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_3x10vm4f9jc4kg4g8kgkgo08o_640.gif

If this is your first entry in the saga, take a comfy couch and enjoy, you will be amazed by all the content

nice, man! got both, just waiting on the preorders for the Majima one next!
Did you finally manage to get that GS wallpaper Irish? xD

Took the words (and gif) outta of my mouth.

I have been waiting for this. Newcomers are in for a great game and I wait impressions =D
Yeah, man. It's so nice to see this many newcomers give the series a chance. Likewise, can't wait to see their impressions. We've already seen a few good ones and the game hasn't even officially come out yet!

I custom made an avatar for this thread, Irish & Sparda! Hopefully it looks ok, it's supposed to be an SMS game cover but i might have to edit it a bit.

Hurry up, Postie!
It doesn't look good, it looks GREAT! Really loving what you've done with it :)

Linkura

Did anyone else get fucked over by the fucksticks at Amazon? Said it would be arriving tomorrow for weeks... now it's not shipping tomorrow and instead will arrive Thursday. Going to complain on their chat.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Did anyone else get fucked over by the fucksticks at Amazon? Said it would be arriving tomorrow for weeks... now it's not shipping tomorrow and instead will arrive Thursday. Going to complain on their chat.

Mine still says shipping today, arriving tomorrow

It is time. My lucky friend got it from Amazon on Sunday. Can't wait for it to arrive for me, will make a nice antidote against Gravity Rush 2. All of these charming Japanese games, it's such a great time.

Linkura

Mine still says shipping today, arriving tomorrow

Ok, that's it. Time to go nuclear. I still have DQ8 to play but it's the principle. They did this with another game some months ago too. Not going to stand for it. Been a Prime member for several years and they've been fucking up too much lately with game preorders.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just watching the Angry Joe review, I saw that the side missions seem to be text only. I was really hoping they'd just voice the entire game at this point.

IrishNinja

Faaaak. Im having a hard time deciding between this and Re7!

to be honest, after the demo i'm pretty excited for RE7 - but both are gonna have inevitable price drops, and this one really needs the sales up front to show sega that their continued effort to bring it out west should be maintained! i'd argue that your dollar goes a lot further with this one, also in terms of content. your call though!

Cool! I expect to at least see a picture of it when you finally get one :)

no doubt - i need to put up my figma like lik chan did too, kinda thinking i might wanna fram this thing!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Ok, that's it. Time to go nuclear. I still have DQ8 to play but it's the principle. They did this with another game some months ago too. Not going to stand for it. Been a Prime member for several years and they've been fucking up too much lately with game preorders.

When did you order? mine is from July.

Linkura

When did you order? mine is from July.

October.

The person I'm chatting with now has no clue about their policies. She's like "oh the release date is 1/24. Maybe you didn't notes [sic] that." Fuck off, lady. At least she is giving me a $10 credit. If Amazon keeps doing this, though, I'm going to have to not buy games from them anymore and reconsider my Prime membership.

Stated this in the other thread but 10 hours in, only at Chapter 2. Just enjoying progressing the story along when I can but getting distracted by the various minigames and substories.

Sgblues

qq1oSjo.gif

Finally the OT is here, been dancing all this time glad to share the dance floor with others now!

It wasn't too long ago we had some "fun times"

Moral of the story? Never stop believing, no matter the odds on some things happening, no matter how dark it gets.

Now go forth and bring destruction to your foes!

FRVssSk.gif

SephLuis

(Substory question)
What's the password in substory 8? I was a fool and didn't write it down

No one is going to remember that, I guarantee.

You can go back and ask the guy again. This time write it down.
He's in the south entrance of that weird block where the dealer is.

Mazre

Really looking forward to this. It'll be my third yakuza game behind 4 and 5 but the first one I play at release.

DukeBobby

No one is going to remember that, I guarantee.

You can go back and ask the guy again. This time write it down.
He's in the south entrance of that weird block where the dealer is.

Ah, I just assumed the substory would fail if you got it wrong.

Thanks.

Daffy Duck

Angry Joe review makes it sound great, how overwhelming is all the side content?

Can you get lost and in all the games and extra things to do?

Amazon hasn't ship my order yet. Thinking about truly supporting the series and order it on PSN while I wait for the physical copy to arrive. I'm extremely tempted...

Kyrios

Oh yeah, there's no shortage of extra stuff to do in Yakuza games. That's what makes them so great.

And for things like the side missions, the game paces them really well, for example, only certain side missions will open during specific chapters, so you won't have 1,000 side missions right away like in Final Fantasy XV or Dragon Age: Inquisition lol You'll have to progress the main story further to unlock more side missions.

Angry Joe review makes it sound great, how overwhelming is all the side content?

Well, there's a ton of different mini games to do, 100 odd side stories to do, two big "another drama" mini games (Money Island for Kiryu, Hostess Club management for Majima) and much more! But its all optional, so you can just focus on the main story if you'd prefer to. But I can't play the series in that way, so I always end up doing all the side stuff as I think its all designed really well on the whole (there is always an odd mini game or two that aren't all that great), its part of the Yakuza experience for me!

Floody

I can't find it on the UK PSN store, is it releasing later here? Or just not up for Pre-order? Would much prefer getting this through PSN than retail, but my Internet is shit.

Top Bottom