• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor) Batman Arkham Origins shown at E3 2013

mehdi_san

This is only a rumor for now, but Gameblog.fr is reporting (industry sources...) that Rocksteady is working on a new Batman Arkham game to be shown at E3 this year: Batman Arkham Origins. This time, the story will apparently take place around the 50s or 60s, and other members of the Justice League would also appear in the game. The rumor says it will be a PS4-Nextbox title, but with a chance of seeing it on PS360 too.

Here's the link to the original story (French only);
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/34714-batman-arkham-origins-devoile-a-l-e3-2013-sur-next-gen

Gameblog.fr's track record so far has been kinda hit and miss. Some of the rumors they posted ended up totally correct (I remember Child of Eden before the Kinect conference for instance) and sometimes not, so take it with a grain of Mont Saint-Michel salt.

Such a boring name imo :p.

Well heres hoping it's good. Do we have any info who is working on this since Rocksteady apparently wasn't? But now they are? Whats going on...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So are they inserting a previous version of Batman prior to Bruce Wayne, or are they rebooting the series?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Didn't some official publisher person already confirm Rocksteady wasn't working on the new Arkham game?

Anyway, another 'Origins' game? Please kill me.

mehdi_san

Well heres hoping it's good. Do we have any info who is working on this since Rocksteady apparently wasn't? But now they are? Whats going on...

Oh did we know that Rocksteady isn't working on the Arkham games anymore? Cuz that would mean this rumor is totally false...

The rumours were that there was an Arkham game coming this year from someone else, and a Silver Age Batman title from Rocksteady. This rumour seems to be combining the two.

Oh did we know that Rocksteady isn't working on the Arkham games anymore? Cuz that would mean this rumor is totally false...

There was talk about that when we first heard about the new Arkham game that Rocksteady wasn't doing it. Might have changed if this is legit tho?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't some official publisher person already confirm Rocksteady wasn't working on the new Arkham game?

Yeah.

Edit: Oh, the "confirms the quote" part of that OP is in reference to a Batman game being due this year, not the supposed lack of Rocksteady's involvement.

Is the subtitle 'Origins' more or less boring than 'Revelations'? Redemption?

Wasn't Spark Unlimited going to make a Batman game, or was that just a terrible nightmare I had?

Fjordson

A bit conflicted if true.

I want Rocksteady to give me a full blown dark and gothic open-world Gotham City. The Arkham games have been great, but I'm ready for more. I want to roam the city man (the real city, none of that fenced in prison city shenanigans).

edit: oh, sounds like they aren't even making the next Batman game. Damn =[

The rumours were that there was an Arkham game coming this year from someone else, and a Silver Age Batman title from Rocksteady. This rumour seems to be combining the two.

Oh ok.

It would be a shame if the series got a turd game from someone else. I really like the games and see much potential in them especially since they probably have much bigger budget and support now than in the Arkham Asylum days.

JustinBB7

I think I read about this a year ago, it even had screenshots and a video, but the project was thrown away, maybe it's been revived.

Is the subtitle 'Origins' more or less boring than 'Revelations'? Redemption?

should be called UNLEASHED
unleashed.jpg

Tenki

This is only a rumor for now, but Gameblog.fr is reporting (industry sources...) that Rocksteady is working on a new Batman Arkham game to be shown at E3 this year: Batman Arkham Origins. This time, the story will apparently take place around the 50s or 60s, and other members of the Justice League would also appear in the game.

I hope Batusi is on board:

T0BotNK.gif

I thought they were gonna make an Arkham World where the game would be the size of the world in terms of exploration and story progression.

Mogwai

As far as I've heard, there will be a new Arkham game in 2013. But not by Rocksteady.

Anyway, the origins idea gives some hope that we'll see the Joker again (and Hamill's voice!)

ash_ag

Would anyone mind the series dropping the 'Arkham' moniker? With the popularity it has gained, it should expand its scope beyond anything necessarily directly related to the Arkham Asylum, and in a few ways, it has begun to do just that. The Arkham Universe should expand on becoming the main DC video games continuity.

So are they inserting a previous version of Batman prior to Bruce Wayne, or are they rebooting the series?

That's what I wonder about as well. A prequel would be great -- a nice chance to see Dick Greyson (or even Jason Todd) as the Robin, but an alternate universe game would demolish a fairly well established world. Now, a Batman prior to Bruce Wayne is just terrible as an idea IMHO.
Time travelling? :lol

Maybe they may want to introduce Arkham Multiverse's Earth-2? Seems a bit too early for that...

RPGCrazied

Another Batman game? I really wanted to see them do something else, but I think WB owns them. So they might be making Batman games for a long while.

ash_ag

Another Batman game? I really wanted to see them do something else, but I think WB owns them. So they might be making Batman games for a long while.

If they're forced, WBI better give them some space, but if they indeed do want to do so, I don't mind seeing them doing more DC games -- that said, it would indeed be nice to see a non-Batman title by Rocksteady. A Superman game seems obligatory now that Man of Steel is coming.
And they need to setup more characters before an eventual Justice League game!

Korosenai

As long as Rocksteady puts out another quality Batman game, i'm all for it.

I kind of would liked them to expand past the Arkham City storyline with some of the major things that happened, but this is fine if it includes other justice league characters, which would be cool if some of them were playable as well.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not sure if I want a game featuring other DC superheroes, Superman can eat a dick.

Henke

I'd happily take Arkham Origins. Rocksteady have laid incredible foundations for a new dev to work on and I'd love to see what else RS can do with a bit of creative freedom outside of the Batman universe.

vazel

Banned
It'd be awesome if they cheese it up silver age style, but I have my reservations they'll go that route.

Top Bottom