• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopdoor

Also a thing I just noticed: the monster shop guy says there are 40 each of Hinox and Talus, and he says he wants me to go kill each of them. Is that a thing? Is there a reward there? He doesn't offer a current count so I have no clue if that's a "quest" or just a fun bit of trivia.

It's just a "medal" you get in your Key Item inventory that doesn't do anything, like the reward for 900 Korok seeds. But if you refight a Hinox or Talus you defeated, it does mark them as previously defeated, so you can sort of keep track.

-Horizon-

thunder
blight
ganon

uhhhh

tumblr_oks05z8izy1ufpqbjo1_400.gif

I wasn't ready for that difficulty spike lol

Well, 3rd dungeon done at least.

Almost a broken pro controller later lol

Chaos17

Huh...

I just noticed that my MS is doing 60 damage... Isn't it 30 when you first pick it up? What affects that?

From my experience, more you loot a weapon and more bonus the new version will get like the enemy scaling but I don't know when the game apply the scaling on weapons.

Nyoro SF

thunder
blight
ganon

uhhhh

Yeah that fight was fucking nuts lol. I basically went through every strategy possible only to discover that it was just as simple as waiting for his guard to drop briefly.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Does the Twilight Princess Amiibo give any actual items?

I assume you are referring to Smash Bros Link Amiibo his exclusive drops are;

-Epona, note you can only do this once per save file so it's wise to do this near a stable so you can register her.

- Cap of Twilight

-Tunic of Twilight

-Legging of Twilight.

If you mean Wolf Link amiibo he doesn't drop anything and is just used to summon him into the game.

Huh...

I just noticed that my MS is doing 60 damage... Isn't it 30 when you first pick it up? What affects that?

It's powered up when you in an area with malice or enemies that are corrupted by ganon, ie the Guardian in the overworld.

Megasoum

Banned
thunder
blight
ganon

uhhhh

Yeah that fight was fucking nuts lol. I basically went through every strategy possible only to discover that it was just as simple as waiting for his guard to drop briefly.

Hah yeah I JUST finished that fight 10 sec ago...that was interesting...lol

Couple of quick questions:

Do you have to change the Switch's system language to play in Japanese, or is using a Japanese profile enough?

And is there something I have to do to un-register a horse, or is there even a way to do this? I'd like to try my hand at getting the special horses but I already have 5 registered.

AaronMT86

Are silver lynels the strongest? I'm looking for a new Savage Lynel Crusher and all I get from them are shields and bows. Is there one with a guaranteed drop?

ColdPizza

Banned
Can a cooking pot be lit without using a torch? What if it's raining?

I used to keep a torch in my inventory especially for this purpose, but then I noticed that there is usually one provided next to cooking pots in villages so I thought I'd better free up that inventory slot for a weapon...

Well now I've come across a cooking pot in an enemy camp at the eastern edge of the map, and I'm in need to cook some meals. Don't have a torch. I thought no problem I'll use a fire arrow to light it up, but surprisingly that didn't work after multiple tries. Even tried a flame sword and other fire-generating weapons. Nothing is lighting up this cooking pot :/

It has been constantly raining in the area, so I wonder if that's why? Or cooking pots can only be lit by a torch? That would be lame. Or did I just encounter a bug?

Drop a flint next to the pot and hit with a metal weapon

Majukun

Couple of quick questions:

Do you have to change the Switch's system language to play in Japanese, or is using a Japanese profile enough?

And is there something I have to do to un-register a horse, or is there even a way to do this? I'd like to try my hand at getting the special horses but I already have 5 registered.

when you try to register a new one the guy at the stable tells you to free one to make space and you can do it there.

norm9

I know it's the Sheikh Slate's style for the blueprint map style of Hyrule Castle (and the beasts of course), but it'd be neat to have it rendered on the map screen as it actually looks to rotate around and gawk at.

Eta- it'd ruin the beasts, so no on them, but I'd still like to look at the castle.

Majukun

Are silver lynels the strongest? I'm looking for a new Savage Lynel Crusher and all I get from them are shields and bows. Is there one with a guaranteed drop?

lynels drop the weapon they have with them..if they have the crusher they are gonna drop that,otherwise,you get whatever they are wielding

GRW810

This game just keeps on giving. Nearly a hundred hours in I've just found a shrine in an area I visited in the first ten hours. I must have traveled past it countless times.

Returned to Kakariko to do the
stolen orb shrine quest
, then wandered around a little just before saving and turning the game off. Ended up at
Lanayru Promenade
because I saw the name on the map and didn't recognise it.

When I got there I found the most beautiful location and
a shrine in a cave, which turned out to be a pretty cool puzzle.

I'm far from bored of the world, but it was so refreshing to stumble across something different.

Skyzard

Banned
Does the new profile for a new save work with WiiU?

Otherwise I think I'll have to transfer my save to cemu and play the rest there when it's all fixed up.

Justinian

Damn man, just did my first dungeon and boss fight in
Zora Domain
and it was so....underwhelming. The first part
where you're riding around on the Princes back while trying to disable Ruta
was great, but then the dungeon felt so short and the boss was far too easy (I guess fighting and beating Lynels makes everything feel easy!).

Everything else about this game is so on point and so good, especially all the changes from the staple Zelda model, but dungeons are the most important part of a Zelda, and it's just a shame this game seems to have not delivered on that aspect.

I had the exact opposite reaction to you. Everything in the lead up to conclusion I thought was just brilliant. Mind you I have only played Link to the Past before, so I guess I didn't have the usual dungeon formula imprinted in my expectations as much.

I appreciate how they disperse the usual discreet sprawling dungeons throughout the shrines and in the actual world. It's different and it works for this game.

Revven

Just doing some random obvious shrine locations and one of the coolest is
Typhlo Ruins up north past Korok Forest. I loved how it was completely pitch black and you had to create fire to light your torch. It really felt like an area you'd find in a Dark Souls game -- it really heightened my heart rate a bit because of the fear of the unknown. Of course, I went in from what appeared to be the main entrance to the place so navigating my way to the shrine wasn't too bad. Only to discover there was a Hinox with one of the ancient orbs used to spawn the shrine! I defeated it pretty easily but I could see that place being hard if you went there earlier on

Still, a really awesome place and experience. I really like all these small unique locations on the map they've come up with that just weren't here in previous Zelda games. It really makes exploration meaningful and awesome.

Like, the other day, I went through Tanagar Canyon and found
a Forgotten Temple which was filled with Guardians, a shrine at the end, and a very large Goddess Statue. Almost if not completely the same size as the one in Skyward Sword on Skyloft
. Yet another really cool location that's purely awesome because you discover it on your own and while what's inside may not be everything you want, just seeing the innards and going through it felt so, so satisfying to me.

Finished up the fire dungeon. Pretty cool concept but I ran out of arrows and had to teleport out, buy some and come back to complete it. :/

I really like the fireproof armor set. Goofy, but adorable in a way.

This game just keeps on giving. Nearly a hundred hours in I've just found a shrine in an area I visited in the first ten hours. I must have traveled past it countless times.

Returned to Kakariko to do the
stolen orb shrine quest
, then wandered around a little just before saving and turning the game off. Ended up at
Lanayru Promenade
because I saw the name on the map and didn't recognise it.

When I got there I found the most beautiful location and
a shrine in a cave, which turned out to be a pretty cool puzzle.

I'm far from bored of the world, but it was so refreshing to stumble across something different.

Discovered that latter location yesterday. It felt like something out of OOT or Majora and it made me happy to run around exploring it. Ending with a
memory and Lynel fight
was just pudding.

Justinian

Does finding a piece of an armour set leave clues as to where the remaining pieces are? Or is it just luck when you stumble upon another?

Golnei

Nothing can make the pain of losing "TTHHAAANKKK YOOOOUUU!!" any better.

Nothing.

For all the complaints that might be levelled against the music, dungeons, bosses, stealth sections, story, voice acting, lack of dog/fish petting, Amiibo-locked content and the censorship of Purah's swimsuit scene, this is by far the most major issue holding BoTW back from being as flawless as is realistically possible.

JakeD

Does finding a piece of an armour set leave clues as to where the remaining pieces are? Or is it just luck when you stumble upon another?

Of the 3 or 4 armor sets that are in the "wild," only one set is obvious where the other 2 pieces are after finding the first.

The rest are luck, unless I missed some clues in journals or spoken by NPCs which is very possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom