• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clover Studio -> Seeds

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
going backward through the "evolution scale"? From clovers to seeds?
Interesting news anyway

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
<3

Can't wait to see what they come up with

TTP said:
going backward through the "evolution scale"? From clovers to seeds?
Interesting news anyway

It could also be taken as a fresh start or "Starting anew"

Bebpo

Banned
lol, they even kept a spinoff of the Clover logo :p

All I hope and pray for (and I'm not even religious but I'll make an exception here) is that somehow they have a secret stash of money to fund their first project, because it'd be really really sad to have the best talent in Japan stuck working on no-budget little projects.

I like the design of the website. :)

Bebpo said:
And going by the art on the page I guess they will be making Super Famicom and PS1 games?

That's a bigger target than the all of the current next-gen machines together, anyhow.

painey

great clovers from little seeds grow

imm_curios_06_squallcloud.jpg

KTallguy

Banned
I hope they support PSN and Wii, experimental/artistic games definitely need their place in this gen, and those two are the perfect platforms.

Of course, a blue ray game would also rock. :)

Aeon712

After the awesomeness that is Okami, I'm glad they're still alive. Sony need's to give them an Insomniac deal so they can have Seed and Team Ico:)

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Nice, though I hope they don't have any trouble getting published. Be funny if the one to publish their first game as Seeds was Capcom.

Bebpo

Banned
Composer from RE1-3, DMC, VJ 1-2, Okami
Character Desinger from Okami humans and 1/2 the official illustration art

TTP said:
wow lots of "R1", "L1" icons and tiangle/X shapes in there. There is also a Select button. Let's speculate! :D

Yeah I'll admit the site does seem heavy on the Sony icons, but honestly unless some huge backer is willing to fund their project I can't see how they could do a PS3 game.

I wish more filthy rich oil owners who have hundreds of millions of dollars would self-publish a game for the sake of art and contributing to the community.

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
Come on Okami 2, give me a reason to buy a ps3

or come to the 360

Ceb

Bebpo said:
Composer from RE1-3, DMC, VJ 1-2, Okami

Really hope he won't go to waste (same thing applies to Kamiya, obviously).

Hopefully Seeds doesn't mean something like "you will SEE your DS in a new way with SEEDS' games!".

EDIT:

wow lots of "R1", "L1" icons and tiangle/X shapes in there. There is also a Select button. Let's speculate!

Clearly the Dual Shock/Sixaxis d-pad shape too. That is kinda interesting.

Bebpo

Banned
Ceb said:
Hopefully Seeds doesn't mean something like "you will SEE your DS in a new way with SEEDS' games!".

Well in Kamiya's interview he says the company's goal is to rise to become the best company in the gaming industry and I don't think they'll rise up that far if they stick to making only DS games. From his interview it really seems like he's planning on sticking to what he did with RE2/DMC/VJ/Okami and just make awesome games.

Personally I'd bet on Wii unles MS will pay for an X360 game or Capcom/Sony/someone will pay for a PS3 game.

Doctor_No

Great news; there page says they have 51 staff members and are hiring more. Nice to see them back, hopefully they can create innovative games with their new independent status.

Ulairi

Banned
I bet on Wii and DS games. I'm not sure the 360 would really support their games, since they tend not to feature space marines. The PS3 is also a good bet.

Nice to see them already set up. 50 people directed by Inaba and Kamiya can do wonderful things.

Can't wait to see who got to them first! I hope someone who can provide them a good budget...1st parties would be better so their games have some more push.

Galactic Fork

I wonder which of Seeds and Capcom own the rights to Okami. I'm guessing Capcom. But clover going independent might make the rumor of a Wii version of Okami more plausible with this news. Capcom could hire them to port it.

Galactic Fork

Zoramon089 said:
Come on Clover (I mean Seeds), make a WII GAME!!! How long are you gonna deny Nintendo gamers games?!

What do you mean "deying Nintendo gamers"? They made about 60 Viewtiful Joe games for the Gamecube, and a DS game.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Awesome. It's gonna be hard not expecting Jesus Christ and his return on a DVD/BD/cartride when they release their first game though.

Chrono

Banned
Zoramon089 said:
Come on Clover (I mean Seeds), make a WII GAME!!! How long are you gonna deny Nintendo gamers games?!

Talent like that deserves to work on a next-gen console. PS3 game please. DAMMIT SONY BUY THEM NOW. :D

Top Bottom