• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm addicted to Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDanger

Banned
Seriously it's like crack, Red Bull with a cigarette is so fucking good it's not even funny. I drink about 2 250ml cans a day, sometimes I also drink 3 or 4. My record is 12 cans in one day in Vienna as I was up for 3 days straight. The company is so fucking cool too, you wouldn't believe all the shit they're into. Everything about the company seems to be of extremely high quality, the production values of their videos, their massive extreme sport events, their tv channel (It's an Austrian channel called Servus Tv), fucking Stratos etc. This kind of justifies the price, even though it's still too expensive. Is it as popular in the Us and other places as here in Austria (where the company is from) ?

Dereck

That constant high heart rate is no good.

There was a thread about a guy who wanted Red Bull for the taste and not the contents, maybe that will help you.

I love the blue and silver ones. But... Rockstar sour apple and monster baller's blend are the shit.

Try energy drink + chocolate on an empty stomach... It elevates me to new plains of existence.

Rockstar and monster are mahoosive in the us, gas stations have tons of fridges dedicated to the million varieties they have

Septimius

Seriously it's like crack, Red Bull with a cigarette is so fucking good it's not even funny. I drink about 2 250ml cans a day, sometimes I also drink 3 or 4. My record is 12 cans in one day in Vienna as I was up for 3 days straight. The company is so fucking cool too, you wouldn't believe all the shit they're into. Everything about the company seems to be of extremely high quality, the production values of their videos, their massive extreme sport events, their tv channel (It's an Austrian channel called Servus Tv), fucking Stratos etc. This kind of justifies the price, even though it's still too expensive. Is it as popular in the Us and other places as here in Austria (where the company is from) ?

So a cigarette to calm you down, and a red bull to perk you back up?

TheDanger

Banned
I don't really want to live healthy, I'd rather live a more enjoyable life and die before I'm old as shit and can't do anything but lie around anyway.

So a cigarette to calm you down, and a red bull to perk you back up?
Maybe, it's just the perfect combination. It makes the cigarette and the Red Bull taste better, if I'm high too it's just incredible.

I mean...it's high in caffeine and sugar but not in a alarming way..alot of western coverage kinda sensationalized its health risk. Moderation is important, 12 cans ain't moderation though.

Septimius

I don't really want to live healthy, I'd rather live a more enjoyable life and die before I'm old as shit and can't do anything but lie around anyway

You know that it's the unhealthy choices that leave you "old as shit and can't do anything"? If you're healthy, you'll have the ability to be active longer, and you'll live longer, to boot. It's not like "70, now you need to be wiped", so you might as well just die from drinking too much red bull when you're 70.

So this is nothing but a cop-out. Being healthy makes you happier. Being happy is one of the few objective metrics we can use about life-quality and what we've done. Treating your body like crap is going to make you feel like crap, because you are your body. If you're demotivated from being active because you're out of shape, and you have no homeostasis, because your diet and health choices are out of whack, you'll have a miserable existence. I'm not saying 2 cans of Red Bull every day is going to get you anywhere near that, but that general mind-set might.

So when you first are treating your body like crap, I can certainly see the wish to die sooner.

Despera

Banned
You can keep that up as long as you drink a lot of water as well.

I was at a hotel once and the Red Bull dudes who were on a promotion tour were staying next door. I started hanging out with them for a while and used to invite them over every now and then. Best part is they gave me a shit ton of that good stuff. I'm talking like half a dozen packs of 24.

I barley take energy drinks nowadays since I no longer do that much sports, but 12 cans is overkill man even if you were up for that long and engaged in a lot of activities.

TheDanger

Banned
You know that it's the unhealthy choices that leave you "old as shit and can't do anything"? If you're healthy, you'll have the ability to be active longer, and you'll live longer, to boot. It's not like "70, now you need to be wiped", so you might as well just die from drinking too much red bull when you're 70.

So this is nothing but a cop-out. Being healthy makes you happier. Being happy is one of the few objective metrics we can use about life-quality and what we've done. Treating your body like crap is going to make you feel like crap, because you are your body. If you're demotivated from being active because you're out of shape, and you have no homeostasis, because your diet and health choices are out of whack, you'll have a miserable existence. I'm not saying 2 cans of Red Bull every day is going to get you anywhere near that, but that general mind-set might.

So when you first are treating your body like crap, I can certainly see the wish to die sooner.

Well I feel better and am happier because of a lot of unhealthy things, like Red Bull, cigarettes, weed etc. Most of the time unhealthy food tastes way better than healthy food and so on. This makes my life more enjoyable, I'll gladly die at 70 for that. If I don't get fat I will always eat what I want.

Bollocks

The company is so fucking cool too

w8i6ho2.gif

magnetic

I don't really want to live healthy, I'd rather live a more enjoyable life and die before I'm old as shit and can't do anything but lie around anyway.

No offense, but that sounds like the typical teenager/early 20s kind of attitude you have when you feel like you're invincible. I know that because I once had a similar way of thinking.

Now that I'm 30 I'm a lot more respectful to my body, especially when it comes to stuff like sleep and stress, and caffeine is a big part of that.

Anyway, I once combined a night with way too many drinks with way too many caffeine pills. I have never wanted for someting to be over more before in my life. There's a tipping point with caffeine where it turns from being stimulating and exciting to pure panic and a claustrophobic feeling of impending doom - which makes sense, since it's basically just slamming your fight-or-flight response with a hammer for hours.

Remember - caffeine doesn't give you energy, it just depletes the reserves you have that are meant for emergencies. Which is fine once in a while, but not a long-term solution.

This being said, I'd say 2 cans a day might very well be below the level of being damaging, depending on how sensitive to caffeine you are.

RedShift

I just got back from Thailand, there they have the original Red Bull that couldn't be imported into the US or Europe. It costs like 20p and has a load of ingredients too hot for the FDA. Supposedly there are traces of speed or something.

2 small bottles of that stuff through the night and I was dancing until well after the sun came up at the full moon party.

TheDanger

Banned
I just got back from Thailand, there they have the original Red Bull that couldn't be imported into the US or Europe. It costs like 20p and has a load of ingredients too hot for the FDA. Supposedly there are traces of speed or something.

2 small bottles of that stuff through the night and I was dancing until well after the sun came up at the full moon party.

I heard about that and would really like to try it, any way to import that shit? Is the taste the same?

I have to drink red bull because my girlfriends always wants to have sex and I just wanna sleep sometimes so I have no choice.

It taste better than monster at least.

TheDanger

Banned
Is it possible to get a higher coffeine tolerance over time? It doesn't matter how much Red Bull I drink, I can always sleep. It really helps if I want to stay up though.

caesar

Banned
Energy drinks are horrible.

Is it possible to get a higher coffeine tolerance over time? It doesn't matter how much Red Bull I drink, I can always sleep. It really helps if I want to stay up though.

Of course, it's the same as any other drug.

soultron

Banned
OP, this shit is fun until you start getting heart palpitations. I drank a shit tonne (2-4 per day) of energy drinks in university while staying up late and studying for tests. It really got to me after a while. Make sure you're not using them to cover up for missing sleep because it will catch up with you -- this happened when I was your age.

Losing the cavalier attitude will probably also help.

TheDanger

Banned
OP, this shit is fun until you start getting heart palpitations. I drank a shit tonne (2-4 per day) of energy drinks in university while staying up late and studying for tests. It really got to me after a while. Make sure you're not using them to cover up for missing sleep because it will catch up with you -- this happened when I was your age.

Losing the cavalier attitude will probably also help.

Well sometimes that's exactly what I'm doing, but I don't know I don't want to waste so much precious free time with sleeping.

You're saying I have a cavalier attitude because of a few posts where I express my view on a few things? I don't think I'm better because of it and I think it would be much smarter to stay healthy and shit, but it's just so much fun.

MedIC86

Of course, it's the same as any other drug.

Not really true, there are certain drugs were you cant build up tolerance, like DMT, or certain effects of the drugs e.g speed.

Anyway i dont think drinking that amount of energy drinks per day is really healthy. but its your health ofcourse.

I don't think I'm better because of it and I think it would be much smarter to stay healthy and shit, but it's just so much fun.

At some point you will have a massive breakdown (physicly or mentally) after that you will probarly start living healthier, its a wake-up call for most people.

soultron

Banned
Well sometimes that's exactly what I'm doing, but I don't know I don't want to waste so much precious free time with sleeping.

You're saying I have a cavalier attitude because of a few posts where I express my view on a few things? I don't think I'm better because of it and I think it would be much smarter to stay healthy and shit, but it's just so much fun.

Why do you think you're wasting your free time sleeping? Do you crash after drinking red bull and staying up late?

TheDanger

Banned
Why do you think you're wasting your free time sleeping? Do you crash after drinking red bull and staying up late?

I just rather do something fun like playing games and hanging out with friends etc. and only sleep for 5 hours a night. It's insane how much time you waste if you sleep for 8 hours every day, I just catch up on sleep on friday a bit and sleep for 10 hours.

GavinGT

Banned
I love the taste of Red Bull. I even prefer it to Nos. But I end up getting Nos because Red Bull is too damn expensive.

BY2K

Membero Americo
163/112.

That was my blood pressure the last day I took an energy drink.

Stop drinking that garbage.

Brera

Banned
Waste of money paying £1.80 for a 250ml can when the supermarkets have successfully cloned the flavour and sell the same shit for 25p a can.

Even monster and relentless at £1 when they're on constant offer are a better deal!

I heard the guy who invented it is/was a real dickhead and that the active ingredient is from ox who they trap and then they cut out the stomachs for their tourine.

I heard the guy who invented it is/was a real dickhead and that the active ingredient is from ox who they trap and then they cut out the stomachs for their tourine.

This is not true, by the way. Taurine is almost exclusively made for commercial use through chemical reactions in a factory/lab.

TheDanger

Banned
Did you ever notice the different color marks at the bottom of the original flavor can?

Apparently every color tastes just a little bit different so you don't notice it, but you also never get sick of it.

I think you have other issues as well..

The limit on most is 3 cans per day. And even that is enough for caffeine sensitive, and people on medication and untreated mental and physical issues, that seems like a sensible limit.

12 cans! Jesus!

Yeah it's great, used to go through several cans a day around the time I was 15, 16, 17 yrs old.

I'm 29 now and I'm afraid my love for Red Bull, Coca-Cola and chocolate is going to give me diabetes one day. So as for drinks I'm back to regular water. Haven't been able to cut out the chocolate, but what are you going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom