• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR/NOT CONFIRMED] Assassin's Creed Empire (Egypt setting) screenshot leaked

Galava

Take this as a rumor, nothing is confirmed. We only have one source on this one.

image1msjuf.png

DF4s2jm.png

Shield looks like it's of Greek origin (notice the open parts of the shield, location of the screenshot by looking at the text on the bottom is Giza, Egypt.

Could be the entrance to one of the pyramids. The icon on top kinda looks like a pharaoh sarcophage.
qwvRbnY.png

ZTOGapO.png

Sources:

Alastor3

I always think Ubisoft leak themself to generate discution just before revealing the game they are working on.

Also I love egypt so I might check it out.

Galava

Can be Egypt setting, but also looks like it could be Greek. Maybe putting "egypt setting" in the title was a mistake. :p

Although we don't know for sure what color Ancient Egyptians were, that's lighter skin than I would have liked. Obviously it's hard to judge much from this screenshot, though.

Interesting that they're going more for a "warrior" appearance, too.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Same kind of design, skin is lighter now though.

t5ENt6b.jpg
This wasn't AC. It was a new IP that got cancelled a decade ago with the tech being brought over into AC. They turned it into an easter egg.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
But how are people gonna know that guy is an Assassin without the hood.
Good question and why so different to Assassins Creed 1, clothing should be kinda similar or are stereotyping Egyptians now.

TimFL

I hope they add the co-op stuff again. I had a blast playing with friends in AC Unity. The WD2 co-op mode was really cool too.

Can be Egypt setting, but also looks like it could be Greek. Maybe putting "egypt setting" in the title was a mistake. :p

Could be 'the ancient world' in general perhaps? So Greece, the near East, Egypt, so on. Given the naming conventions of the precursors that would kinda make sense for a connection, while nevertheless retaining the ability to be set primarily in Egypt. That or it's set in Ptolemaic Egypt, rather than just 'Ancient Egypt' in one of the dozens of numbered dynasties.

Also is it me, or does that shield have a prototype of the Assassin's Brotherhood symbol?

Oh damn... This is supposed to come this year right? Isn't there also a rumor that it's coming to Switch? I would cry tears of joy to have a console version of AC on the go.

Cyborg

Looks like crap, I think Ubisoft did that on purpose so they can finally upgrade a game on release.

Galava

Could be 'the ancient world' in general perhaps? So Greece, the near East, Egypt, so on. Given the naming conventions of the precursors that would kinda make sense for a connection, while nevertheless retaining the ability to be set primarily in Egypt. That or it's set in Ptolemaic Egypt, rather than just 'Ancient Egypt' in one of the dozens of numbered dynasties.

Also is it me, or does that shield have a prototype of the Assassin's Brotherhood symbol?

It could have greek origin set on egypt due to the shield looking like a greek shield.

hydruxo

Should be getting a reveal within the next two months or so I'd assume. They used to always reveal AC games in the Spring before. But maybe they'll just wait until E3 because of the hiatus.

rackham

Oh boy. Another Assassni's Creed with a pale dude. Can't wait....Even better that he's a pale dude in Egypt. Perfect.
/s

Galava

My "analysis":

Shield looks like it's of Greek origin, location of the screenshot by looking at the text on the bottom is Giza, Egypt.

Could be the entrance to one of the pyramids. The icon on top kinda looks like a pharaoh sarcophage.
qwvRbnY.png

ZTOGapO.png

Blam

I'm definitely liking the look of this. Was this ever hinted at in the other assassin creed games?

Top Bottom