• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

you should do at least one match in a lightning rouhd

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68105/no-double-iso-8-in-lightning-rounds-10-10-17#latest

as they screwed up with no double iso and will send out a gift to anyone that did at least one.

I can imagine people are raging about this, because there's no way they're going to give out the amount of ISO that some people would have earned from this (if you catch all the seeds, we're talking about 1,000+ ISO for each round).

I can’t decide if I want to make dupes of every 3* that I fully Champion or not. I’ve got a lot of them now.

I'm not gonna do all of them, but I am gonna do the 5-10 most useful ones. Like, IM40, Strange, Fist, those guys are getting dupes. Psylocke? Probably not.

Dalek

I'm not gonna do all of them, but I am gonna do the 5-10 most useful ones. Like, IM40, Strange, Fist, those guys are getting dupes. Psylocke? Probably not.

I have Kamala, Black Panther, Deadpool, Blade, Doctor Strange, Captain America, Scarlett Witch and Luke Cage all championed fully now and have dupes going. Have I gone too far?

I have Kamala, Black Panther, Deadpool, Blade, Doctor Strange, Captain America, Scarlett Witch and Luke Cage all championed fully now and have dupes going. Have I gone too far?

Maybe. Depends on whether or not you'd sell them if you need the ISO. Me, I will/would. Like of that list, Deadpool, BP, Cage, and probably Cap get sold if I have another champed copy and need ISO (or the roster spot).

zulux21

I can't decide if I want to make dupes of every 3* that I fully Champion or not. I've got a lot of them now.

My plan is to make dupes for all of them, but once I get to the point to champ the dupe sell most of the originals to get the iso to champ the new ones.

I would have to go case by case but the only four that might be safe from being sold and restarted are IF, iron man 40, strange, and thanos. I don't think any of the others will see significant use even while boosted while I am in four star land. Maybe Switch will have a place too, but she doesn't really do damage when I use her so it's not a big deal if she is 266 or 166.

Triz

Finished off X-23 thanks to the red cover from this PVE. Now to see if I can get 240k ISO in 10 days to for this Bucky Cover on the Vine.

Spoit

I'm waffling on Dino. I have 5 covers in the queue and I'll be able to get enough ISO to champ him before they get close to running out....but that'd wipe out basically all the gains from the double ISO, for a character I'm probably only using once a year like this

zulux21

I'm waffling on Dino. I have 5 covers in the queue and I'll be able to get enough ISO to champ him before they get close to running out....but that'd wipe out basically all the gains from the double ISO, for a character I'm probably only using once a year like this

that is basically where I am at.

I mean I have 12 or so latest legends, and like 200 cp still, so I am more feeling being able to pull some and perhaps finishing a more useful character like cloak and dagger might be of more use.

at the very least I am looking forward to next month though... as I am excited to favorite gambit so I can champ him and build a second one for sure (maybe even as many as 4 of him as 0/0/5, 5/0/5 and 0/5/5 all could have their uses :p as if I want to just fuel purple and don't have an active red to waste AP on getting more AP from red isn't a bad thing, and if I just want to fuel Red and don't have an active purple his purple is actually decent.)

edit: yeah sold them for 5k iso (and move him to 5/5/3 instead of 5/4/4) with carnage in the next PVE progression I would rather spend that iso champing him.

Just champed Mockingbird for my second champ of the season, and I'm at 10 Dino covers with 5 days left in the vaults. Looking like I'll end up somewhere around 15, and will probably have enough ISO to champ him by the end of next week since they're doing double ISO lightning rounds then to make up for missing them this week. The the only question will be whether I can earn enough ISO to champ Wasp after that.

Triz

Simulator Node of Gambit, Rogue, Jean Grey is damn tough. 2nd round they are only about level 150 nearly took out my champed and boosted Coulson Grocket and Mystique...In fact they did kill Grocket.

Spoit

Simulator Node of Gambit, Rogue, Jean Grey is damn tough. 2nd round they are only about level 150 nearly took out my champed and boosted Coulson Grocket and Mystique...In fact they did kill Grocket.

Worse than the Nova+feeders SS node in this other event?

Triz

Worse than the Nova+feeders SS node in this other event?
Gambit gaining AP and removing all strikes, Rogue taking all hits and nullifying damage, Jean to blast you with AOE once you take Rogue out. I mean I beat it 4 times but It was one of the worse nodes Ive ever seen.

I was in the reddit and there was a thread dedicated to the fight as well.

Dalek

Gambit gaining AP and removing all strikes, Rogue taking all hits and nullifying damage, Jean to blast you with AOE once you take Rogue out. I mean I beat it 4 times but It was one of the worse nodes Ive ever seen.

I was in the reddit and there was a thread dedicated to the fight as well.

Ok I just ran this and yes, it’s fucking ridiculous.

zulux21

Ok I just ran this and yes, it's fucking ridiculous.

eh.... doesn't seem that bad, at least on scl7.

rogue isn't protected from attack tile damage.

carnage is boosted, him plus medusa (if you get the purple use your move to steal tiles and hope you don't accidentally make a 5 match) makes pretty quick work of rogue, and you can heal up any damage you take from gambit, so you just attack tile them to death... rogue then jean then gambit.

Spoit

Yeah, I dunno, maybe I was lucky with my matches, but I didn't have much trouble with the Jean, Gambit, rogue node. Even when they took out all the strikes, I was able to stun and use her back to get it going again.

In addition to Carnage Medusa, there's also the fist vulture loop

Is gambit and rogue already in latest legends?

Not yet. At earliest, Rogue goes in at the start of next season, and Gambit goes in maybe a few days to a week after that (2 weeks after the end of his store, I believe).

Edit: And with the HP I pulled from the anniversary vault today, I officially have enough to buy a 10 pack for every day of the vault (with 3 refreshes).

Triz

Hot take: if every day was the same gains as anniversary week the game would be more accessible. I will have champed 3 4 stars thanks to the iso gains. I hate the week after when everything slows down.

My daily reward at day 1450 was a green black bolt which I didn’t have a cover for extra awesome.

Hot take: if every day was the same gains as anniversary week the game would be more accessible. I will have champed 3 4 stars thanks to the iso gains. I hate the week after when everything slows down.

My daily reward at day 1450 was a green black bolt which I didn't have a cover for extra awesome.

Next week we get the double ISO lightning rounds that we were supposed to get this week, so there will be a little boost.

Also, you don't actually get to the slog portion of the game until you're a couple months into it and pot committed. Those first few months make you feel like everything is going to be that easy, then BAM.

Spoit

I'm still leaving my (never going to pop) bonus on thanos though. Even if I never actually get panther covered to get the other half of the combo, with the way levels are fixed now, being able to pull off the kinds of things that 3* thanos with boosted rocket is able to do would be worth all the health packs 5* thanos would drink.

I'm still leaving my (never going to pop) bonus on thanos though. Even if I never actually get panther covered to get the other half of the combo, with the way levels are fixed now, being able to pull off the kinds of things that 3* thanos with boosted rocket is able to do would be worth all the health packs 5* thanos would drink.

I just set it to Daredevil because I still don't have a cover of him yet and with 5* essentials being a thing I need to get one, but outside of that I'm sticking with Hawkeye because him and Coulson together on a team is just too much fun.

zulux21

I have my bonus 5* set on both hawkeye and the more recent spidey.

I want to make the dream team spidey team, and with hawkeye he is just fun to play especially with people who make countdowns like colson and wasp.

after gambit pushes doc oc out of the latest legends I will likely at least burn the 12 (soon to be 13) latest tokens I have at some point in the next month (before spidey leaves)

my hawkeye and spidey at least have some covers with hawkeye actually being useable
0rEw2BL.png
i mean ideally I could get hawkeye to 5/5/3 eventually but really I would take just one more purple cover so I can have two titles fortified per turn.

as for spidey... I want him to eventually be 3/5/5 but really I could use him fairly well if I can get 2 more blue cover, and 1 more red cover (a green would also be nice as the team I want to build doesn't have an active green besides that but not important) as I feel with miles purple and yellow I can fuel the web tiles and AP pretty well so spidey can stun lock the enemy team, and then with gwen built with a 3/5/5 build she can use red to murder, and her yellow will keep the team alive.

it will only give me three active colors to murder with
gwen - red
miles - purple
spidey - green

but miles will generate all but the green there, but it shouldn't be to much of an issue given it shouldn't be that hard to keep above 4 web tiles in order to keep stun locking the other team while getting 6 blue in that time given all the web tiles that miles can gen, and that 5* spidey will naturally generate. as there is a good chance with 5* spidey I will get to 3 web titles on the board before I even fire off another power to make some.

zulux21

Fun is nice, but speed is what kills. pve burnout, specifically.

I've tried speed, and it often bores me, so I tend to focus more on fun.

though I also like not paying attention :p

that's why I like the carnage mudusa combo so much since i can play that team while actively doing other things without even really looking at the screen lol. Just gotta keep making matches doesn't really matter what I do with them.

though I will say those two plus 3* hawkeye while he is boosted is decently fun given how much AP you generate for him and how easy it is for medusa to steal attack tiles and improve them.

Spoit

Wow, even by off season season standards, that was like the easiest climb ever. I didn't use the skip button once, and I still didn't have a single fight under 60 points. Only two of them were actually meta teams! And were the much easier carol/blade/medusa ones, and not grootmora at that

zulux21

decided to waste 60cp in order to get a 0/0/5 gambit to play around with.

still trying to figure out if there are any really good teams for that, though a 5/3/5 starlord goes stupid well with that. (and grocket with him)

can't think of a good team to make a 5/0/5 gambit with where having him use purple would help, but there are a few teams that a 0/5/5 will work well so I will likely build that next. he will go amazing with a carol+IF team as well as a carol+cloak team. in both cases the red will do extra damage with carol's strike damage and make some more ap, and in both cases the purple can be used for a lot of fun.

so overall the 60cp I wasted on gambit netted me 10 cp back and a purple moonknight cover and what ever else was beyond the normal 100 points in PVP.

I wonder how far I will drop over the next few days from 900.

also SO MANY GAMORA ROCKETS @_@

zulux21

I have 3 and a half hours left to climb, and I am so not looking forward to it for that reason specifically.

I imagine that since I was running starlord rocket I was a decent target, but I also had a ton of defensive wins lol.

I don't think people were expecting me to be running a 0/0/5 gambit for his first event nor how stupid starlord was at 5/3/5 with a constant stream of AP and large rocket strike tiles.

Oh, and a 5/0/5 Gambit would be where you'd use Blade and someone who'd benefit from countdowns like Coulson (edit: or Carol).

And I made it to 900 in the Dino PvP because enough people were running Danny/Coulson instead of Rocket/Gamora to climb off of, so that was nice.

zulux21

Oh, and a 5/0/5 Gambit would be where you'd use Blade and someone who'd benefit from countdowns like Coulson.

And I made it to 900 in the Dino PvP because enough people were running Danny/Coulson instead of Rocket/Gamora to climb off of, so that was nice.

I can do that with a 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 gambit though. Blade has no active red so it doesn't matter if I have a red move or not :p

I mean maybe I run a 5/0/5 for hulkbuster but if I am running hulkbuster i could likely make better use of the purple with someone else. I suppose if I don't care about stealing attack tiles that could run alright with a carnage medusa team as it would allow carnage to do a decent red AOE repeatedly.

I can do that with a 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 gambit though. Blade has no active red so it doesn't matter if I have a red move or not :p

I mean maybe I run a 5/0/5 for hulkbuster but if I am running hulkbuster i could likely make better use of the purple with someone else. I suppose if I don't care about stealing attack tiles that could run alright with a carnage medusa team as it would allow carnage to do a decent red AOE repeatedly.

Better pair for Coulson + Hawkeye. The move you lose is Coulson's weak purple. Keep Hawkeye's red and almost always have enough AP for the big hit. And the general crazy amounts of AP you get from those 2 anyway.

Spoit

Better pair for Coulson + Hawkeye. The move you lose is Coulson's weak purple. Keep Hawkeye's red and almost always have enough AP for the big hit. And the general crazy amounts of AP you get from those 2 anyway.

For the no-red one? Yeah, I can see it. Though on the other hand, you're probably going to be using the blue for hawkeye's quiver move anyway. Though I guess you're arguing that you'd want to max blue for the marginal extra damage on the passive?

Anyway, I reapplied. Can someone let me back in? I failed at the mercing :( We missed top 100 by 2k points....when there were multiple mercs with 4.5k+ looking for a group, and this alliance had tons of people with only 2k season scores

zulux21

I think I would prefer to run someone like wasp there. Those two generate so much AP that gambit's AP gen wouldn't have much of an effect. even if I did want to run gambit though, I don't really have any issues running him fully covered there. Hawkeye's red is actually pretty useless in that team. you use so many blue tiles up with his blue already that using his red as well often makes it so you have no blue tiles to target lol.

the little board shake from gambit seems like it could be more useful to keep blue tiles on the board.

For the no-red one? Yeah, I can see it. Though on the other hand, you're probably going to be using the blue for hawkeye's quiver move anyway. Though I guess you're arguing that you'd want to max blue for the marginal extra damage on the passive?

Anyway, I reapplied. Can someone let me back in? I failed at the mercing :( We missed top 100 by 2k points....when there were multiple mercs with 4.5k+ looking for a group, and this alliance had tons of people with only 2k season scores

I let you back in.

heh... on my second token I did
I want the 3* covers in that vault so I continued.

and now on my third token.

I'm going to have to sell so many 4* covers when I go hunting for gambit and spidey lol.

Spoit

Oh, and it missed top 100 in the dino pvp by 34 points. That's just a random, not even searching for a good fight, match

Dalek

I feel stupid, but I don’t really know how to use Gambit. I don’t get it. So if I have a teammate with Red or Purple powers-they just can’t use them?

zulux21

I feel stupid, but I don’t really know how to use Gambit. I don’t get it. So if I have a teammate with Red or Purple powers-they just can’t use them?

if gambit has active powers, those power colors can't be used by other characters if you have his black cover.

thus if you have him fully covered no ally can use purple or red active abilities (though if you have bobby morris... what ever her in game name is... and use her ability that allows you to fire abilities for free you can still have purple and red moves go off)

if you instead roster him as 5/0/5 or 0/5/5 or 0/0/5 then the color you don't have covers for can still be fired by allies.

His red move is better than it sounds, as despite it not saying it (like it should -_-) you gain AP for the tiles he destroys, so his red is an AP gen move as well.

we will see if the 5* version gets nerfed at some point, because it sounds like he is the new meta there.

him + black bolt = every 2 rounds 14k damage that you can't stop that they continue to build up on.

we will see if the 5* version gets nerfed at some point, because it sounds like he is the new meta there.

him + black bolt = every 2 rounds 14k damage that you can't stop that they continue to build up on.

I want to say that if they didn't nerf Panthos, they won't nerf this, but technically Panthos does cost you health packs. So we'll see.

Spoit

I mean, that depends on if you buy the conspiracy theory about the OML nerf being because he saved health packs. (It sure as hell wasn't because he was actually useful, unless you had him champed. And as far as I can tell, he was already fading in usefulness as much as 3* spidey was for his nerf)

I mean, that depends on if you buy the conspiracy theory about the OML nerf being because he saved health packs. (It sure as hell wasn't because he was actually useful, unless you had him champed. And as far as I can tell, he was already fading in usefulness as much as 3* spidey was for his nerf)

I'm not willing to go full health pack conspiracy on it, but I do think the primary reason they nerfed him was because his heal was too powerful where they had it. But they couldn't have that be all they touched because then people would cry even more about the health packs, so they messed with the other stuff as well.

zulux21

I am all for team they did it for the health packs.

though they only seem to care about true healing for that, so team medusa carnage is likely safe even though it makes you require very little healthpacks in general.

Top Bottom