• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Growlie19

Egg hatching update! My four 5K's all gave me Cyndaquil, bumping me up to 106 candies, minus 25 to get a good Quilava. That nearby nest will definitely net me a Typhlosion by the next migration. My two 10K's gave me a Porygon and Mareep, which also gave me enough candies for Flaaffy! Really good overall.

Zubz

Banned
I got Aerodactyl & a bunch of the babies I never hatched. Unfortunately, no Tyrogue (Never got any Hitmons). I also have just about enough Growlithe & Scyther Candy to evolve those 2 from additional eggs.

I'm pretty satisfied with my egg haul from this event.

Joni

Another Sun Stone in my streak so that puts three spare ones in my bag. Still no Metal Coat, which I still need 2 of.

sam777

All I bloody need is an Aerodactyl I have hatched over 30 2k eggs and still ain't got one, this is getting annoying as he is the last gen 1 Pokemon I need.

However I have got a Tyrogue and Shuckle both of which were new to me.

Oxx

FML. My haul from 5 10km eggs I had been saving for this event: Pineco, Pineco, Pineco, Pineco and a Pineco.

Ouch.

I don't think I have enough time to collect enough pidgeys to do another evolve session before the end of the event.

Still, I'm a third of the way towards level 36.

My friend got 33 Candy from an old Larvitar 10K egg.

Whew.

Also did my latest evolve spree, got around 220K Exp and I'm now at level 31.

I also checked my Pokedex and realized I only need Charizard, Nidoqueen, Garyados, and Dragonite to complete my Kanto Pokedex outside of legendaries and regional Pokémon (outside of Tauros, which I have)

Crazy. Maybe I'll have the dex done before the one year anniversary of the game.

Did my last lucky egg as well, about 40 evolves, a 10k hatch, and the daily streaks mixed in. Was good for around 130k XP.

The 10k hatch was a Dratini with 34 candies. IVs at 91%, finally something worth evolving. I maxed him out at 3167CP as a Dragonite with SW/Hurricane for the moveset. I now have 3 Dragonites over 3k CP, with one stuck in a gym since the first week of Jan and the other since mid Feb right before gen 2 launched.

GulAtiCa

My Pokedex now sits at 223. Gained a Hitmontop today, which is grwat and lucky since it had both HP & Defense as max stat. Saw a Ursaring in the wild too, which really helped.

I also am sitting on 2 more 10k eggs. 1 will hatch in a few hours and the other I'll hatch by this weekend probably. I really hope for a Larvitar. Need more candy!

Used the 2 Lucky Eggs I had left and evolved for an hour burning through all the candy reserves I had.

Got 300k xp and hit level 32.

My 100% Chikorita became a Razor Leaf/Solar Beam Meganium which I'm stoked about.
Plus Fire Spin/Fire Blast Charizard, two double ice move Cloyster, and Frost Breath/Avalanche Jynx.

Yeah the new nests are bad for me too. Though I'm getting to the point where there aren't many nests that would be useful for me now, I just need a couple of hours in a Chikorita nest and I'll be done with nesting Pokemon.

Hatched a Tyrogue and evolved a Hitmontop, dex is at 224 now!

Joni

I don't care about nests anymore. Need a Totodile one to get back to Croconaw in my living dex, but otherwise I have nothing that I need that nests. With 6 fighting and 4 fire Pokémon to go for those medals, I don't even care about those in nests anymore either.

Someone in the group app saw a Unown. What?

They are out there, all 28.

If you're done with all the current nesting evolutions, it doesn't hurt to stock up for the plethora of gen 4 evolutions. I hit up a Sneasel nest the other day because he's very hard to find around here.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
If you're done with all the current nesting evolutions, it doesn't hurt to stock up for the plethora of gen 4 evolutions. I hit up a Sneasel nest the other day because he's very hard to find around here.

so as someone not as familiar with Gens 3/4/5 --- what candies should we be hoarding for future evolutions?

Porygon I know (fuuuuuck)
Sneasel?

hit my 7 day, got my 3rd king rock.

so gotten 6 Sun stones, 3 king rocks, 2 upgrades, and 1 dragon scale... no metal coats :(

Growlie19

Went to check out another nearby nest (Marill, bleh), when I hatched Aerodactyl and Girafarig from 2K's, on top of another Grimer! This just leaves Hitmonlee for the Kanto dex! Then I spent my last Lucky Egg evolving a bunch of crap and got around 125K XP; 95K to go to level 33!

Joni

True. There is a lot of non nesting stuff coming though. And a lot of babies.

gutshot

Will probably spend the last 30 mins or so of this event just mass evolving what I can. I don't really have enough to want to spend a Lucky Egg but with the Double XP event this is basically a "free" Lucky Egg, so may as well use it.

GulAtiCa

Overall, this was a very good event for me. Gained over 1.2 million xp with 6 mass evolutions. Now also have over 500k stardust too! Pokedex now at 223:

C94VECPW0AY7oc_.jpg:large
C94VE5xXoAAebdC.jpg:large
C94VF0xWsAA0pvo.jpg:large
C94VGjmWsAAjcxk.jpg:large
C94abauW0AAZKk6.jpg:large
C94acrWWAAAFVJW.jpg:large
C94ade_XUAAwjw_.jpg:large

Oxx

I could have hatched so many more eggs if I hadn't given-up when I thought the event was ending.

But I'm happy with getting 2x 10km and 1x 5km eggs on the last day.

Awayze

Neo Member
I hatched only a few eggs but I hatched my first Lapras and caught a wild Dratini 96%iv. Didn't play much but got one 10km egg during the event and zero 5km eggs.
Got enough candies for three Dragonites now but I believe I've left it to late and won't get one that has Dragon Breath.

border

IV and movesets are no longer the same for everyone on wild pokemon :eek:

I thought CP was the only variable. So a level 30 player could catch the same pokemon as a Level 15 player, and they would have totally different IVs? I thought IV was persistent across all levels.

Once you get to 30, everything is the same at least.

Joni

I thought CP was the only variable. So a level 30 player could catch the same pokemon as a Level 15 player, and they would have totally different IVs? I thought IV was persistent across all levels.

Once you get to 30, everything is the same at least.

You were completely right, but they changed it today.

Top Bottom