• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

heckfu

Banned
Halo 4 is like this naturally beautiful girl who dresses poorly and until she learns how to dress better she's gonna keep looking shoddy, but her body feels amazing and has a fresh air about her. She's new to all this and you gotta teach her a couple things along the way.

Black Ops 2 is like this hot cougar lady who's learned how to dress herself up and accentuate her features with makeup, but as soon as you feel up on her her skin is leathery, old and wrinkly. She's experienced and knows how to work with what she's got, but it's a bag of older goods.

Both are hot, both are fun, but both have flaws.

I started reading this and thought it was dumb. And then I finished reading it and haven't quit clapping since.

I don't think so, cause your augmentations are disabled. You have that blurry vision and only your weapons to fight with. Best part about it is, that the boss is invisible and can jump over walls, so that you are totally screwed. I can't even make out the position, from where he is coming with my Astro, cause there is this loud music and this error music from your augmentations...

I took the upgrade and paid the price of losing augmentations like you did but when I press the Typhoon button it still worked just fine, despite the HUD issues etc.

Give it a try but perhaps difficulty settings are a difference here?

Conor 419

Banned
I dunno what I'd consider my GOTY this year. Probably Dishonoured because it hit the most marks, but I haven't played XCOM yet, or Sleeping Dogs, or Dragon's Dogma, or Mark of the Ninja, so I missed a whole bunch. I don't pick up a lot of brand new games and I got a backlog that I like chipping away at.

That Jesse Snyder tweet is gold though.

I'm actually interested in picking that up but it seems hard to find now. Shit.

I am amazed that anyone fell for that. This corporation is super shady and now they want you to "upgrade" with them, COME ON.

It's worth every second, it is the second coming of entertainment.

In other twitter news, the IDF confuses Halo with CoD.
fkb3F.png

FyreWulff

My brother is a van driver for the Salvation Army bellringers. They let the drivers pick callsigns. His is Foehammer.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd

(Anyone on? I'd like to attempt King or Ball with a full team..)

Legendary Ending spoilers:
His eyes were blacked out which made it pretty creepy, almost looked like Voldemort, plus I was expecting some kind of tease about Cortana still being alive... THE TEARS!

If your eyes were in an artificial helmet for that long I'm guessing your pupils would dilate to almost full black also. Plus all the stimulants the suit would have injected into him :)

In the Nylund books I thought John had red hair and blue eyes but doesn't seem that way in legendary ending :(

Honestly I really could care less about that level of canon though, it was a great teaser at the end anyhow.

Karl2177

If your eyes were in an artificial helmet for that long I'm guessing your pupils would dilate to almost full black also. Plus all the stimulants the suit would have injected into him :)

In the Nylund books I thought John had red hair and blue eyes but doesn't seem that way in legendary ending :(

Honestly I really could care less about that level of canon though, it was a great teaser at the end anyhow.

Really, bro? The fuck?

He's
undergone some advanced evolution by way of the Librarian though, so all bets are off.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If he had said that, it would be less stupid, but still stupid.

There's a reason why the tweet vanished, he must have realised how it read after the fact.

Look, I respect the guy. He's a good dude from what little I've heard or know about him. I just think he's said something here he regretted.

I'll agree that he never should have tweeted in the first place because of how it's been misconstrued. Hindsight 20/20 blah blah blah.

Halo guy posting about CoD OMGGGGG. Either way he must have been getting a shit on of replies lol

Really, bro? The fuck?

Fictional characters in a video game don't exactly have me chomping at the bit when development changes to a new company and art direction. It's not that bad, seriously it's all fictional anyhow. It's not like they gave him a 3rd arm and the ability to transform into a car. Same as the armour design changing, seriously couldn't care. I like fresh content with each game.

He's undergone
some advanced evolution by way of the Librarian though, so all bets are off.

The Librarian did say she had to speed up his evolution, I'm not so sure that means altering his evolutionary path though? It remains to be seen in Halo 5/6 anyhow, perhaps they will give Chief some Forerunner armour or "force style" abilities. I thought an armour ability was going to do this in campaign and multiplayer personally. Imagine moving boxes around a map or throwing a warthog at your enemy only to find out they have the same ability to save their team mates etc etc. Sort of like a live Forge mode from your loadout in matchmaking, would have been an interesting ability.

Why in the world did you think that, dear? In Fall of Reach it said he had brown hair.

I can't believe how many times we have to go over this.

Karl2177

Fictional characters in a video game don't exactly have me chomping at the bit when development changes to a new company and art direction.

It's not that bad, seriously it's all fictional anyhow. It's not like they gave him a 3rd arm and the ability to transform into a car.

Same as the armour design changing, seriously couldn't care. I like fresh content with each game.

I'm talking spoiler tags. I could care less about what
certain characters do to other certain characters,
plus I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it all.

Could you at least add them to the other post, please.

Fictional characters in a video game don't exactly have me chomping at the bit when development changes to a new company and art direction. It's not that bad, seriously it's all fictional anyhow. It's not like they gave him a 3rd arm and the ability to transform into a car. Same as the armour design changing, seriously couldn't care. I like fresh content with each game.

I think he was talking about putting the spoiler of
Johns Face
outside of spoiler tags.

The Librarian did say she had to speed up his evolution, I'm not so sure that means altering his evolutionary path though? It remains to be seen in Halo 5/6 anyhow, perhaps they will give Chief some Forerunner armour or "force style" abilities. I thought an armour ability was going to do this in campaign and multiplayer personally. Imagine moving boxes around a map or throwing a warthog at your enemy only to find out they have the same ability to save their team mates etc etc. Sort of like a live Forge mode from your loadout in matchmaking, would have been an interesting ability.
No...Just no. We dont need magic inside of a game series which wasnt built around it...Plus if you remember in the last cutscene
It was revealed that the Didact was using Techno-Telepathy to float, throw the Chief around and transmit his thoughts to his head. Chief literally wouldn't have been able to do it unless he stole those arm gauntlets from him.

J10

Banned

I got hyped during that scene. I'm thinking 'OH SHIT... CHIEF IS ABOUT TO GET SOME SLICK NEW PROMETHEAN ARMOR AND WEAPONS SO HE CAN FORCE BATTLE WITH THE DIDACT! Oh wait, it's just a static electric charge. Nevermind.'

I'm talking spoiler tags. I could care less about what
certain characters do to other certain characters,
plus I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it all.

Could you at least add them to the other post, please.

Sorry about that, didn't think there was really a spoiler there. Anyhow added tags for you in other post.

I think he was talking about putting the spoiler of
Johns Face
outside of spoiler tags.

No...Just no. We dont need magic inside of a game series which wasnt built around it...Plus if you remember in the last cutscene
It was revealed that the Didact was using Techno-Telepathy to float, throw the Chief around and transmit his thoughts to his head. Chief literally wouldn't have been able to do it unless he stole those arm gauntlets from him.

I'm not talking about going all Star Wars here. Just the usual story and technology progression. For example John receives shield upgrades to his MJOLNIR, we use the index to fire a Halo, we use enemy weapons/vehicles and we now have engineers and the Infinity with all that advanced technology. From this point we then run into Requiem and Didact but we don't gather any technology for re-purposing?

Seems like a natural step in Halo 5/6 that we'll gain technology from our enemies and I would have thought this standard technology progression heads up towards the mantle and also our ability to fight or disable the Didact's "magic abilities" against the Chief.

I got hyped during that scene. I'm thinking 'OH SHIT... CHIEF IS ABOUT TO GET SOME SLICK NEW PROMETHEAN ARMOR AND WEAPONS SO HE CAN FORCE BATTLE WITH THE DIDACT! Oh wait, it's just a static electric charge. Nevermind.'

I thought pretty much the same thing.

Why in the world did you think that, dear? In Fall of Reach it said he had brown hair.

I can't believe how many times we have to go over this.

I was recalling from the books when Nylund described John as a child, guess I have that memory stored incorrectly :(

Enfinit

Halo 4 is like this naturally beautiful girl who dresses poorly and until she learns how to dress better she's gonna keep looking shoddy, but her body feels amazing and has a fresh air about her. She's new to all this and you gotta teach her a couple things along the way.

Black Ops 2 is like this hot cougar lady who's learned how to dress herself up and accentuate her features with makeup, but as soon as you feel up on her her skin is leathery, old and wrinkly. She's experienced and knows how to work with what she's got, but it's a bag of older goods.

I think I'm in love with you. I'm not even gay.

m23

Having fun with Halo 4, but I need that doubles playlist ASAP.

So far my GOTY is Mass Effect 3 or Witcher 2 (360), need to put more time into Halo 4 though. Playing through legendary solo right now and campaign seems a lot more enjoyable even though I loved it the first time through on heroic.

Shadders

Hey you guys! I have a Limited Edition copy of Halo 4 to give away, but also this sweet, never sold in shops Halo 4 notebook:

It's by Moleskine, so in terms of quality it's about as good a notepad as you can get.

To win this I'd like you to imagine for a second that you are the Master Chief, you're stranded on Requiem and all you have with you is a pen and your notebook. What are you going to do?

Will you write a poem? a short story? a diagram of the location or a doodle of Cortana? Submissions can be a drawing or text, bonus points if you actually use a pen (or pencil) and paper to do it.

To enter you can PM me, post here, Tweet me, or email me. I'll cover postage to Europe and North America, ROW I may have to ask for a contribution depending on shipping cost. It's on my site, so not exclusive to HaloGAF, but surely no-one else will be able to beat your submissions, right?

More info!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fuck, so excited to wade through endless snarky comments about halo for the next couple of years while i try to stay informed about a game i continue to love in a community thread dedicated to said game. again. helpful tip, if the game sucks, drop it and move on. pick it up again if it ever fits your definition of what it should be. you'll probably be happier without all the negativity in your life.

meppi

fuck, so excited to wade through endless snarky comments about halo for the next couple of years while i try to stay informed about a game i continue to love in a community thread dedicated to said game. again. helpful tip, if the game sucks, drop it and move on. pick it up again if it ever fits your definition of what it should be. you'll probably be happier without all the negativity in your life.

amen to that.

Sanjuro

You're a terrible person for liking it. Start a new underground community.

How do I do that?

Friends and I had a number of high quality games of big team infinity slayer and CTF last night with full party of Aussies and I have to say I think almost all of those gametypes were pretty spot on. Easily 95-98% very happy.

I'm still yet to solidify a definitive opinion but these games last night in particular just had the game flow, insane fun and rewarded skilled by solo AND team play in amazing balance I thought. No spawn camping, no insane overpowered runs with vehicles or weapons but a bit of everything from both teams.

It was a solid match of parties and there were runs of each team with a power weapon or power vehicle but they were dealt with by the other team and only given the limelight for a short while by the skilled team work or solo play they deserved. Map control for the hill and sides was fluctuating back and forth the entire game, which was delightful to play.

The personal ordnance and abilities were all in play straight from 343i settings and it all worked extremely well with I'd say the best game to date with Halo 4. This game was close at 1000 to 870 odd.

One stand out in terms of game flow was a Ragnarok Infinity Slayer Big Team game and to all those who say DMR is OP on this map I disagree for this game mode. The DMR is supposed to perform above the other weapons on this map as it's a utility weapon designed for long range play. Combine that against snipers, lasers, Mantis, Hog & Banshee then the DMR really isn't OP but a fighting chance with the right team work or solo skills executed well. This game was a bit of a blow out at 1000 to 570 odd but fun none the less. Also wiping out approx. 7/8 guys in to win the game skews the score a bit.

I could render the video if anyone wants a look, especially the last 1-2 minutes of my gameplay where I on foot took the cave side of Ragnarok and then earned a personal ordnance with two kills at the rocks before the enemy base to then get rewarded with my selection of rockets and the proceeded to sprint+jump out of the enemy ramp at the back to earn a killtac to end the game.

The flow in those last minutes was some of the best Halo I've played in a long time. This from a player that really doesn't like traditional slayer, almost always plays objective and now I find I'm pretty much loving BTB Infinity Slayer.

Without a full party of Aussies and Aussie host these games would never have played so well. Please 343i fix the local search parameters or return good connection filter, which the latter is preferable.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

the-rock-clapping.gif

Does anyone have Halo 2 PC? I have decided to get the Legendary Achievement on it before I play 4.

God help me.
I got the PC version, I did all the cheesemints for it 'cause why not. Legendary ain't got shit on Perfect Agent for PDZ. Just gotta go through some trial and error spots with Jackal snipers, while PDZ is a game entirely comprised of Jackal snipers and no health regen and no checkpoints.

Top Bottom