• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Demo Impressions [Online Open To All]

Moaradin

shit, I refreshed the expertzone page. How do I find my code again? The banner at the top wants me to take the quiz again.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is there a PS3 version of the demo or is it just 360? I wasn't going to play the SP portion of the demo but I was wondering if someone could do comparisons.

Any chance I get a piece of this demo action? I've been jonesing for ME3 for a while
3AQmK.gif

Combat is a lot more satisfying and fluid. The powers still seem limited and I don't know how I feel about the branching thing yet.

Also, you couldnt talk to your squadmates whenever in the game, I thought that was in? All in all it's a good shooter. Glad they removed the death veins and I thought it was cool that if you try to fire with no ammo, the ME1 Overheat sound plays.

And about Kinect, it's totally not for me. I was somewhat excited about it, but it's way more of a hassle than its worth. And I found saying the dialogue out loud sort of takes you out of the experience... and I was having a lot of problems with Kinect thinking I said something and it actually got liara killed at one point. I was flanking the turret and then all the sudden Kinect thought I told Liara to run in front of the turret (no joke) and she died. Haha, pretty clear I wont be using this!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is there a PS3 version of the demo or is it just 360? I wasn't going to play the SP portion of the demo but I was wondering if someone could do comparisons.
Only 360 at the moment. PS3 and PC demos will probably be released on the 14th,

Vire

Steps to get super awesome Mass Effect codes:

1. Create a Hotmail Account

2. Log into http://expertzone.microsoft.com

3. Fill in whatever name/address you want then put in Wal-Mart as your store and Retail Sales Associate as your job title.

4. Use Walmart's store locator http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder.do
To find your store's number and phone number

5. Submit your registration

6. Verify account through the e-mail you should get

7. Take Mass Effect 3 quiz on ExpertZones site by going to > Training and Resources > 360 > Xbox Games. You should see the quiz there.

8. After you complete the quiz, go back to the homepage and scroll through the panels in the slideshow and find the Mass Effect one to redeem your code.

Cheers!

You have to go to the main page and hit the banner again.

Go to the Expert Zone site and say you're a Wal-Mart retail sales associate, and input a real store number/phone number using a store locator.

Thanks! I've finished the quiz and passed (got 80% and could'nt be asked to get 100) and I still have no banner. Just the "take the course" one that appeared originally.

Losing interest in trying to get this demo, might as well just wait at this point. -_-

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Steps to get super awesome Mass Effect codes:

1. Create a Hotmail Account

2. Log into http://www.expertzone.microsoft.com

3. Fill in whatever name/address you want then put in Wal-Mart as your store and Retail Sales Associate as your job title.

4. Use Walmart's store locator http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder.do
To find your store's number and phone number

5. Submit your registration

6. Verify account through the e-mail you should get

7. Take Mass Effect 3 quiz on ExpertZones site by going to > Training and Resources > 360 > Xbox Games. You should see the quiz there.

8. After you complete the quiz, go back to the homepage and scroll through the panels in the slideshow and find the Mass Effect one to redeem your code.

Cheers!

Thanks. Adding this to the OP.

Thanks! I've finished the quiz and passed (got 80% and could'nt be asked to get 100) and I still have no banner. Just the "take the course" one that appeared originally.

Losing interest in trying to get this demo, might as well just wait at this point. -_-

I just did it 20 minutes ago on Safari. It's more of a drop down than a banner. Don't just expect it to be there waiting for you.

Kimaka

You could try refreshing or taking it again. I took the quiz on IE and it showed up the second time I took it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

It seems like certain accounts are getting flagged for demo access while others aren't. I had to make two accounts cause no matter what I did the first account I made was just getting the generic take ME3 quiz banner even after finishing it. The second account got the "Get access to ME3 demo by taking the quiz" banner straight away and after I finished it the banner switched to the get your code now banner.

Gartooth

Just finished the demo!

Loved:

+Combat is much more refined. Combined the fluid nature of ME2 with some RPG mechanics akin to ME1.

+Giant skill trees.

Hated:

-Dark color of graphics. I don't know what it is, but something rubs me the wrong way. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are colorful games, but here the colors look very dull. Don't know how else to describe it.

Moaradin

FUCK. I had a code earlier and I accidentally refreshed the page. Now it's gone. Is there any way I can get the code? I tried making a new account and now it's not giving any codes.

kmz

Neo Member
Back during the leak and via some developer comments, it was mentioned that the Action/Story/RPG choice was really just setting up presets in an option menu down the line for combat difficulty and dialogue style. Is that still how it's done? What if you try to set dialogue to auto-conversations and combat to "story" difficulty? (Not saying I want to do this, I'm just curious.)

Vire

Impressions:

Pros:

+ Combat feels more fluid and snappier than ME2. A massive difference between the first game and here.

+ Game looks real nice overall with smooth animations during combat.

+ Solid voice acting and amazing music during one particular scene.

+ Wrex! Need I say more?

Cons:

- Facial animation still not where it should be, however it's a bit better than ME 1 and 2

- Framerate dips during cutscenes at times

- Could be more colorful

Overall, I enjoyed it quite a bit even though it's the same demo I played earlier through the leak.

Thanks for the replies guys, I've tried it a few times already but I'll try another account just in case. If it doesn't work by then, I'm content with just waiting till the 14th. :)

Lakitu

st5fu
I got in, I signed up as Magoo Majoojoo of Game in Oxford Circus. I did the quiz twice and still no banner.

Magoo is not pleased. I use Chrome but still nothing. :(

RS4-

I had the banner once, told me that I still had to verify my employment (even though it says it was fine in the profile stuff or whatever)

I refresh, banner gone, redoing test got me no banner.

Vire

I got in, I signed up as Magoo Majoojoo of Game in Oxford Circus. I did the quiz twice and still no banner.

Magoo is not pleased. I use Chrome but still nothing. :(

This is what you should be looking for. If it's not on the first panel, don't fret - it could be on any of them.

tejda.png

Coxswain

Hm. I got the banner that took me to the test, I did the test, I went back to the home page, the banner disappeared for a few refreshes, and then a different one showed up, only it doesn't say anything about getting a demo key anymore, and just takes me back to the stupid test.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
am i blind? or why can't i find ME3 in the steam store?

Ronabo

Some one that has it should put it on a Xbox formatted USB drive then find it via their PC then up load it somewhere.

If it doesn't have anything new added to it since the leaked version then I'll just wait till the full game is out. I was hoping to try out the Kinect stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is what you should be looking for. If it's not on the first panel, don't fret - it could be on any of them.

http://i.imgur.com/tejda.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yep, I don't see that at all.

On their forums, it says Walmart employees don't qualify, but people here put Walmart as their employer, didn't they?

Top Bottom